CELTIC STAR NOT WORRIED ABOUT TIERNEY COMPARISONS

Didnae know much about Taylor before he signed so was a bit underwhelmed when the news broke we were in for him but I've got to say I feel sorry for bhoy......the stick he's getting from some quarters is completely unjustified imo.

I'm assuming the reason we scouted and signed him was based on his performances at LB for Killie and from what I've seen so far he hasn't put a foot wrong defensively. The problem with Taylor seems to lie not in his attitude or his ability as a LB but in the expectation from both management and fans for him to suddenly transform from being the solid efficient LB scouted at Killie into this dynamic WB who bombs down the flanks, ghosts past opposition players and throws cross after cross into the box.

Was he known for any of that at Killie? If he wasn't and it was always the management's intention to use a system that includes WB's then why did they sign a player who showed no signs of being suited to how they wanted to play? Why didn't they scout a player more suited to role? Why is it that Greg Taylor is getting castigated for the poor decision making of others?

Like I said feel sorry for the bhoy. If we wanted a WB then we should've signed one, that's not what the bhoy is and just because he's not living up to people's unwarranted and unrealistic expectations it doesn't make him a bad player or justify the stick he's getting.

Last edited:
Didnae know much about Taylor before he signed so was a bit underwhelmed when the news broke we were in for him but I've got to say I feel sorry for bhoy......the stick he's getting from some quarters is completely unjustified imo.

I'm assuming the reason we scouted and signed him was based on his performances at LB for Killie and from what I've seen so far he hasn't put a foot wrong defensively. The problem with Taylor seems to lie not in his attitude or his ability as a LB but in the expectation from both management and fans for him to suddenly transform from being the solid efficient LB they scouted at Killie into this dynamic WB who bombs down the flanks, ghosts past opposition players and throws cross after cross into the box.

Was he known for any of that at Killie? If he wasn't and it was always the management's intention to use a system that includes WB's then why did they sign a player who showed no signs of being suited to how they wanted to play? Why didn't they scout a player more suited to role? Why is it that Greg Taylor is getting castigated for the poor decision making of others?

Like I said feel sorry for the bhoy. If we wanted a WB then we should've signed one, that's not what the bhoy is and just because he's not living up to people's unwarranted and unrealistic expectations it doesn't make him a bad player or justify the stick he's getting.
👏👏👏👏

Back