Celtic Statement

Now corrected! Ta.

KTF

ah sound, i'll delete the comment :)

But on topic, it's good to hear that Celtic are doing it independently.

The answers they recieved from the police and the number of fans reporting the situation must have seriously worried the boardroom.

ah sound, i'll delete the comment :)

But on topic, it's good to hear that Celtic are doing it independently.

The answers they recieved from the police and the number of fans reporting the situation must have seriously worried the boardroom.
It's great news; I know the Celtic Trust were reluctant to become involved until an indecent independent review was on the table. Now they can get involved in something meaningful.

I suspect Police Scotland won't be over the moon though!

KTF

Well done Celtic for doing the right thing ??

Let’s hope lessons will be learned and this never happens again

Will Police Scotland co-operate with a consultant appointed by the victim party?

Only really wirthwhile if both sides are equally represented/spoken too.

I hope they consider the root cause of this. The Police had a tried and tested plan for Celtic Park and Ibrox for these games that are now redundant due to them being allowed to determine the level of away tickets allocated - simply because they could not handle us celebrating every time we went there.

They should never have been allowed to get away with it and the SPFL and the Police should have stopped it, the latter re safety concerns.

The crush in my opinion happened because the Police treated the away end as they always do but paid too little attention to the extra 7000 Celtic fans who would be moving about the stadium trying to get to their relevant turnstile. They directed all Celtic fans through the tunnel and from where I was standing looking towards the Lisbon Lions end there was a huge wall of supporters coming towards the huge group heading in the other direction.

The Celtic fans in that tunnel stayed calm and that's why there was not a major incident, but for 10 minutes or so it was really scary.

Hopefully we refuse tickets for Ibrox in December and give them none for their next visit to Celtic Park. Keep it that way until the Free Broomloan is returned to us.

I hope they consider the root cause of this. The Police had a tried and tested plan for Celtic Park and Ibrox for these games that are now redundant due to them being allowed to determine the level of away tickets allocated - simply because they could not handle us celebrating every time we went there.
Celtic's decision to match the Ibrox allocation was a tit-for-tat response; it was a choice made by Celtic, not some other club. 'He started it' didn't get me out of punishment as a child, and it is not going to help here. Hopefully the review will identify root causes within the police/stewarding on the day that can be addressed by those with the authority to do so.

That's why we have called for an independent inquiry. And rightly so do think scum Scotland are going to give an acceptable accurate description of what happened? If you think that then good luck.

We need to always rear back and consider.

We are always the underdog.

Imagine the horde being subject to such abuse,

This is where we are at.

Stop thinking we are beyond slavery, cause we are not.

The crush should never have happened there have been European nights with big crowds for years that have passed off without problems and suddenly the police and stewards can't cope.

Thankfully nobody was seriously injured or killed. If their had been some fans who support the club who play out of ibrox would be making jokes and making up sick songs about it.while greaving family's bury their loved ones.when our club get the results of the review they must act swiftly and protect all fans going to parkhead. If this means baning all sevco fans so be it safety first.

It's great news; I know the Celtic Trust were reluctant to become involved until an indecent independent review was on the table. Now they can get involved in something meaningful.

I suspect Police Scotland won't be over the moon though!

KTF
The polis weren't over the moon about Lustig wearing a cop's hat but who cares? ?

HH?

Thankfully nobody was seriously injured or killed. If their had been some fans who support the club who play out of ibrox would be making jokes and making up sick songs about it.while greaving family's bury their loved ones.when our club get the results of the review they must act swiftly and protect all fans going to parkhead. If this means baning all sevco fans so be it safety first.
They’ve had their own stadium disaster. We don’t sing about that. Give them the benefit of the doubt as it’s be very bad taste

Back