Transfer Round-up (merged)

I'm sure there's a whole plethora of Jeff Bezos' and Mark Zuckerberg's just waiting to plough billions into us, Dungloe

Extract from Ferris Bueller's Way Off, by Ferris Bueller
Travelling through time and space, our hero Ferris encounters his future self; near omniscient, both infinitely wise and infinitely patient.
"I've journeyed across the universe to find you. I must know the answer."
"To the meaning of life?"
"What? No. I need to know why I've been dicking about with a lot of wanky posts on Celtic Noise."
"Hmm. I will answer your question. What those locked within within their Trollish limitations may have mistaken for a misguided attempt at humour, is in fact a well intentioned, if a little misplaced, probably unheeded and almost certainly unwanted, protest."
"Protest?"
"You desire only this: that football forums are for discussing football, rather than an excuse for picking a fight."
"So whatever their differences, all Celtic fans should get along?"
"Every ghirl and every bhoy."
"Without exception?"
"Absolutely. Oh, apart from SphericalPlanet, of course. He's just too much of a c*nt, even for me. I mean us. Wait, I mean me. Oh, forget it!"

Much to everyone's relief / indifference, I'm going back to lurking. But before I have another day off, I'd like to apologise to SamTearlachH, TET and SphericalPlanet. It wasn't personal, I was just tired of being shouted down and you three are the worst culprits on here ? Here's to 10IAR and beyond. Hail hail everyone.

Extract from Ferris Bueller's Way Off, by Ferris Bueller
Travelling through time and space, our hero Ferris encounters his future self; near omniscient, both infinitely wise and infinitely patient.
"I've journeyed across the universe to find you. I must know the answer."
"To the meaning of life?"
"What? No. I need to know why I've been dicking about with a lot of wanky posts on Celtic Noise."
"Hmm. I will answer your question. What those locked within within their Trollish limitations may have mistaken for a misguided attempt at humour, is in fact a well intentioned, if a little misplaced, probably unheeded and almost certainly unwanted, protest."
"Protest?"
"You desire only this: that football forums are for discussing football, rather than an excuse for picking a fight."
"So whatever their differences, all Celtic fans should get along?"
"Every ghirl and every bhoy."
"Without exception?"
"Absolutely. Oh, apart from SphericalPlanet, of course. He's just too much of a c*nt, even for me. I mean us. Wait, I mean me. Oh, forget it!"

Much to everyone's relief / indifference, I'm going back to lurking. But before I have another day off, I'd like to apologise to SamTearlachH, TET and SphericalPlanet. It wasn't personal, I was just tired of being shouted down and you three are the worst culprits on here ? Here's to 10IAR and beyond. Hail hail everyone.
Thanks for that, Ferris.

It's nice to know that I consume so much of your time and thought.

Don't be a stranger........I'll be happy enough to keep handing you your arse back to you any time, buddy.

It's been fun highlighting your hypocrisy, pal, just thought I'd mention that there's a few examples of said hypocrisy in your wee skit there.

Anyhoo, keep a mind of yourself now.......bye-bye

Just saw slippy on Sky Sports News. He was talking about Aribo (whoever he is), saying, He choose Sevco when PL teams, Euro teams and Championship teams were chasing him, Celtic tried to sign him too but he chose Sevco.
What a load o shegite, the fools at Idiot Farm will lap that up. Gullibillys right enough.
Rich

And the list gets larger by the hour of players we are allegedly interested in, but, so far nothing apart from Turnbull and he hasn’t been signed yet either.

Time is marching on to our first CL game. We seem stuck in behaviours that is akin to walking into a Saville Row tailors, with the budget for a suit by George from ASDA.

I don’t understand that. Is it that difficult to get players in? If it is then why do other teams manage it?

We have a price structure which is great. I also have one, but, if I want a curry and the prices go up I accept that costs rise and make a decision about how much I want it. Celtic seem to adopt the policy of arguing with the guy in the restaurant that you want their goods at prices from a few years ago.

We must know, as I do when I look at the price list tells me the new price is, what players and clubs are expecting. We don’t need to meet them obviously, but if the prices rise in every place why the fuck even bother to enquiry if your pockets don’t have the right money or you’re unwilling to meet the new going rate?

Lawell can set what we spend, but he can do fuck all about what people want. My advice would be get a bit if reality about who you are going for, or face the situation we find ourselves in every year where that means we take an age, then focus on affordable who are no better and often worse than what we already have meaning they never get played and out good players are expected to carry all the burden for 70 games a year.

Every time I watch the Muppet Christmas Carol and see Scrooge moaning about the increased price of coal, I think of Lawell. The result is everything goes cold. Just like our transfer activity, two weeks away from our first game and still missing the players we need.

There’s something out of kilter. Our inflexible strategy and framework in a changing environment that right now don’t seem compatible. And even if we rail against the madness of how things are, that doesn’t change how things are. It just makes us out of touch. Less players on better money is better than a squad with 40% of it picking up money for absolutely fuck all return. How can that be the way to go?

I’m hoping we sign players soon, but only if they are better than what we have. Or at least can contribute to the cause. Too many cheap options haven’t and that makes them not cheap at all but very expensive miscalculations.

And the list gets larger by the hour of players we are allegedly interested in, but, so far nothing apart from Turnbull and he hasn’t been signed yet either.

Time is marching on to our first CL game. We seem stuck in behaviours that is akin to walking into a Saville Row tailors, with the budget for a suit by George from ASDA.

I don’t understand that. Is it that difficult to get players in? If it is then why do other teams manage it?

We have a price structure which is great. I also have one, but, if I want a curry and the prices go up I accept that costs rise and make a decision about how much I want it. Celtic seem to adopt the policy of arguing with the guy in the restaurant that you want their goods at prices from a few years ago.

We must know, as I do when I look at the price list tells me the new price is, what players and clubs are expecting. We don’t need to meet them obviously, but if the prices rise in every place why the fuck even bother to enquiry if your pockets don’t have the right money or you’re unwilling to meet the new going rate?

Lawell can set what we spend, but he can do fuck all about what people want. My advice would be get a bit if reality about who you are going for, or face the situation we find ourselves in every year where that means we take an age, then focus on affordable who are no better and often worse than what we already have meaning they never get played and out good players are expected to carry all the burden for 70 games a year.

Every time I watch the Muppet Christmas Carol and see Scrooge moaning about the increased price of coal, I think of Lawell. The result is everything goes cold. Just like our transfer activity, two weeks away from our first game and still missing the players we need.

There’s something out of kilter. Our inflexible strategy and framework in a changing environment that right now don’t seem compatible. And even if we rail against the madness of how things are, that doesn’t change how things are. It just makes us out of touch. Less players on better money is better than a squad with 40% of it picking up money for absolutely fuck all return. How can that be the way to go?

I’m hoping we sign players soon, but only if they are better than what we have. Or at least can contribute to the cause. Too many cheap options haven’t and that makes them not cheap at all but very expensive miscalculations.
Still 2 weeks to go before that CL qualifier,plenty can happen in that time TV ?Positivity ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still 2 weeks to go before that CL qualifiers,plenty can happen in that time TV ?Positivity ?

Oh I know. I’m hopeful a few will be in this week. I would have preferred last week, but as long as we get quality I will be happy. I won’t be if the cheap option is the route we take and they never play. We have enough of that type already picking up thousands every week. Less players, more quality.

We should have signed Edson Alvarez CB. We couldn't land him because we didn't offer 8mil.
Now we are in a nonsense pursuit of French deffender Julien being ready to spend 10mil.
This is something I don't understand.The Mexican deffender is a lot younger if not far better and cheaper than the French one is.The board sucks,we never learn from mistakes.The same mistake of demanding 30mil for KT while he is better than Robertson and he could be valued around 100mil at least.No strategy.If we only were about to spend 40-50mil we could have reached in the last 8 of CL at least, because we already have elite key players,we are not a bunch of unexperienced mediocre players.Then lawwell could have had more money than he has if that's what he is looking for.

We should have signed Edson Alvarez CB. We couldn't land him because we didn't offer 8mil.
Now we are in a nonsense pursuit of French deffender Julien being ready to spend 10mil.
This is something I don't understand.The Mexican deffender is a lot younger if not far better and cheaper than the French one is.The board sucks,we never learn from mistakes.The same mistake of demanding 30mil for KT while he is better than Robertson and he could be valued around 100mil at least.No strategy.If we only were about to spend 40-50mil we could have reached in the last 8 of CL at least, because we already have elite key players,we are not a bunch of unexperienced mediocre players.Then lawwell could have had more money than he has if that's what he is looking for.

What are you basing your assertion that it’s a nonsense signing? What makes you sure the Mexican lad would be better, or would come to us? Or that we are even in for Julien at all? All I’ve geard is conjecture and assumptions regarding him,

I am not a man who has been noted for defending Lawell, but we don’t have £50m to spend to reach the last 8. I will be happy to start off spending what we can to qualify for the CL and not get handed our arses every time we take the field. If we get the money for a couple of years, then £50m might be feasible, not now.

Let’s start at qualifying and take it forward from there.

What are you basing your assertion that it’s a nonsense signing? What makes you sure the Mexican lad would be better, or would come to us? Or that we are even in for Julien at all? All I’ve geard is conjecture and assumptions regarding him,

I am not a man who has been noted for defending Lawell, but we don’t have £50m to spend to reach the last 8. I will be happy to start off spending what we can to qualify for the CL and not get handed our arses every time we take the field. If we get the money for a couple of years, then £50m might be feasible, not now.

Let’s start at qualifying and take it forward from there.

We have players to sell after 10 in a row and with it will be like we spent nothing at all

Members online

Latest posts

Back