Celtic underground, Broony and the 10!

cheezydee

I’ve not finished listening to it, but so far a pretty good podcast from Celtic underground the now regarding stats & data, and they’re discussing brown being past it and I thought it raises an interesting thing. Besides that, it was interesting to hear feat some clubs are doing in regards stats, such as the Liverpool success is said to be down to investing in it.

we’ve seen where brown in Rodgers last season caused us issues where the team was flat, and when he was injured and if I mind right, McGregor Christie and rogic played there and we had our best spell that season. The question is, could playing brown this season be a gamble on the 10, given that he’s one player you’d want to see it through? I personally thought he had too many lapses last season, and didn’t have that drive & setting the tone that normally sees him past that.

will lennon be ruthless enough of it needs it?

I’ve not finished listening to it, but so far a pretty good podcast from Celtic underground the now regarding stats & data, and they’re discussing brown being past it and I thought it raises an interesting thing. Besides that, it was interesting to hear feat some clubs are doing in regards stats, such as the Liverpool success is said to be down to investing in it.

we’ve seen where brown in Rodgers last season caused us issues where the team was flat, and when he was injured and if I mind right, McGregor Christie and rogic played there and we had our best spell that season. The question is, could playing brown this season be a gamble on the 10, given that he’s one player you’d want to see it through? I personally thought he had too many lapses last season, and didn’t have that drive & setting the tone that normally sees him past that.

will lennon be ruthless enough of it needs it?
Very interesting. I also remember when Broonie was out we seemed more dynamic. The ball went forward faster and we flourished. I'm in no way saying Broonie is finished but what i would say is we have players to compensate and perhaps take us forward. I'd rather have him this year than not. I think if he helps us secure the 10 he will in some manner take a step back.

Didn’t see anything in what he did last year to suggest he’s past it, he’s the driving force, the heart beat, sets the tempo of team play Christie, McGregor, rogic,can’t put a tackle in, in fact I think rogic is finished, luxury/part time/injury prone, player, we can comfortably beat (steamroller) any team in this league, without broony, but how confident are you in taking on the huns? Their shit scared of him, more-or-less/Kent have nightmares about him, imagine the lift the huns would get if he’s not on the team sheet? Sorry but he a fixture in the team for a reason......drive and determination, if you look back to the huns drive for their 10iar, they made 2 big mistakes, they let their driving force and team captain go at the start of the season, glory hole gough and auld dignity smith telling them he was leaving at the end of the season....let’s not make the same stupid mistakes, here we go....10iar💚🍀

I think Broony should be rested a bit more often so that he can drive the team in the games that are more important. He's not done but I'm sure he'll admit that he's not exactly the Usain Bolt of Paradise. He has a major part to play this season and should be utilised with due consideration.

Didn’t see anything in what he did last year to suggest he’s past it, he’s the driving force, the heart beat, sets the tempo of team play Christie, McGregor, rogic,can’t put a tackle in, in fact I think rogic is finished, luxury/part time/injury prone, player, we can comfortably beat (steamroller) any team in this league, without broony, but how confident are you in taking on the huns? Their shit scared of him, more-or-less/Kent have nightmares about him, imagine the lift the huns would get if he’s not on the team sheet? Sorry but he a fixture in the team for a reason......drive and determination, if you look back to the huns drive for their 10iar, they made 2 big mistakes, they let their driving force and team captain go at the start of the season, glory hole gough and auld dignity smith telling them he was leaving at the end of the season....let’s not make the same stupid mistakes, here we go....10iar💚🍀
I’m not knocking the guy, I love broony. And I’ve seen him be written off many times and usually come back stronger. I hope he does the same again. I’ve no doubt he’s a great leader on the park, but I thought for too much he didn’t do it last season. I thought the last 2 sevco games we lost the battle, something brown is made for. Obviously not all down to him, I’m sure tactics played a part. But I thought he was doing more mistakes last season with passes etc.

let me be clear, I’d love nothing more than him have a blinder, play every game and be the deserved captain lifting no. 10

Weve got an insane amount of games to play this season, and no winter break,some weeks we'll be playing 3 games,even Broony can't do that,so rest him when necessary,and every player has to step up and contribute, think that's why Lenny was so pissed at Griff, eye's on the prize Bhoys, here we go 10 in a row,and Broony to hold the trophy aloft at paradise in front of a full house COYBIG! ☘ 🍺🥳

I don’t think the squad has been managed well enough myself since we were going for the invincibles. Tierney brown and McGregor used far too much. We’ve got options pretty much everywhere and didn’t seem to utilise that. I know it’s hard when the team is working well but surely the odd rest here & there missing out a game wouldn’t effect things. Think been guilty of a raft of changes that ends up the team not playing as well and the players not getting a fair shake because they’re in with 4/5 non-regulars. Should try and get a chunk of the squad up to speed rather than the main starting team

I don’t think the squad has been managed well enough myself since we were going for the invincibles. Tierney brown and McGregor used far too much. We’ve got options pretty much everywhere and didn’t seem to utilise that. I know it’s hard when the team is working well but surely the odd rest here & there missing out a game wouldn’t effect things. Think been guilty of a raft of changes that ends up the team not playing as well and the players not getting a fair shake because they’re in with 4/5 non-regulars. Should try and get a chunk of the squad up to speed rather than the main starting team
Shouldn’t change a winning team, don’t believe the squad rotation thing is for us, proof being we’re going for 10iar and an unprecedented quadruple treble, play your best players all the time, 3/4 of the Celtic team picks itself, Eddy, broony, McGregor, Christie, frimpong, ajar, jullien, add to that last year foster and there was really only 3 places undecided, barring injuries and suspensions 👍

Shouldn’t change a winning team, don’t believe the squad rotation thing is for us, proof being we’re going for 10iar and an unprecedented quadruple treble, play your best players all the time, 3/4 of the Celtic team picks itself, Eddy, broony, McGregor, Christie, frimpong, ajar, jullien, add to that last year foster and there was really only 3 places undecided, barring injuries and suspensions 👍
Everyone entitled to their opinion, I just seen brown, McGregor etc go through lulls where they were knackered. I’m only talking about giving the likes of McGregor a game out, or a week off now abs then and bringing in the likes of ntcham to give a run. The squad is strong enough, players can play multiple positions, we can play different formations. Need to be smart about it. If you listen to the podcast it raises some interesting thoughts. They play the now with the trackers collecting data but don’t seem to utilise it.
I think with your defence you pretty much want that settled but in the midfield, depending on formation, picking 3 between brown, McGregor, ntcham, Christie, rogic isn’t really choosing between what is and isn’t the best 11. There’s arguably a best 15/20 in the squad.

Everyone entitled to their opinion, I just seen brown, McGregor etc go through lulls where they were knackered. I’m only talking about giving the likes of McGregor a game out, or a week off now abs then and bringing in the likes of ntcham to give a run. The squad is strong enough, players can play multiple positions, we can play different formations. Need to be smart about it. If you listen to the podcast it raises some interesting thoughts. They play the now with the trackers collecting data but don’t seem to utilise it.
I think with your defence you pretty much want that settled but in the midfield, depending on formation, picking 3 between brown, McGregor, ntcham, Christie, rogic isn’t really choosing between what is and isn’t the best 11. There’s arguably a best 15/20 in the squad.
I agree cheezydee - we have to use the squad throughout these long seasons. In the olden days when I were a lad, the same players played every single match but these days the games are so intense and high speed for the full 90 minutes that it takes its toll on players. We just about burnt KT out when he was here by constantly playing him in every single match (he played more minutes in world football than any other player - an "achievement" followed up by CalMac the following season which again was being boasted about but at that same time he was showing signs of tiredness).

It isn't a coincidence that we always kick on in the second half of the season after getting a small (mental + physical) break in January, which is a luxury we won't have this season.

Our squad is strong enough to bring in a couple of our very high quality fringe players and hungry youngsters for selected matches.

Remember, the players (like the rest of us) have had 5 months off, not the usual 2 weeks then starting preseason, ok they didn’t get to go to Dubai or Florida this year (neither did any of us🤣) so the “burn out” excuse doesn’t hold water this year, only thing I'm concerned about this year is, no winter break, think that will help the huns more than it does us, as they usually implode after it👍

Remember, the players (like the rest of us) have had 5 months off, not the usual 2 weeks then starting preseason, ok they didn’t get to go to Dubai or Florida this year (neither did any of us🤣) so the “burn out” excuse doesn’t hold water this year, only thing I'm concerned about this year is, no winter break, think that will help the huns more than it does us, as they usually implode after it👍
Not everyone has had a 5 month holiday..................jist sayin. 😉

Celtic without Broony is like a lion without it's teeth! Still a big scary bastard that could rip you to shreds with it's claws but lacks that bite that really scares the shit oot of you! :LOL:

He's maybe not the best passer of the ball or the most technically gifted player (not the worst either) but Broony has that dig and aggression to his game that the rest of our midfielders just don't have. Every team needs a player like that.

Scary enough without him but far scarier with him. (y)

Not likely we'll see much resting of Broony but I think we need to plan ahead. He may look OK for now but Gordon's form dropped off pretty quickly the older he got. If we don't do a a planned succession, that involves Soro or Calmac or whoever coming in for a good number of games, be it home games against bottom half teams or early rounds of league and Scottish cup, we are missing a chance to prepare for the day he hangs up his boots. It's unlikely we''ll ever simply replace a player like Brown, we are more than likely going to have to find a slightly adapted way of playing but we need to trial different options. We can't leave it to the day Broony says 'that's it' we need to prepare soon.

Members online

Latest posts

Back