Celtic v Aberdeen - Premiership Saturday 21 December, 3pm Kick-off

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
PROBABLY better to wait until after the game at Easter Road tonight to look at this game more closely. Celtic will be along similar lines to the team that played at Tynecastle on Wednesday on a sodden pitch. Mikey Johnston will probably make the bench.

Prediction for this evening's game, maybe a 1-1 draw which would be lovely especially of we can follow that with another 2-0 win over Aberdeen tomorrow.

All comments here...

PROBABLY better to wait until after the game at Easter Road tonight to look at this game more closely. Celtic will be along similar lines to the team that played at Tynecastle on Wednesday on a sodden pitch. Mikey Johnston will probably make the bench.

Prediction for this evening's game, maybe a 1-1 draw which would be lovely especially of we can follow that with another 2-0 win over Aberdeen tomorrow.

All comments here...
Well if you are saying 2-0, then I'd better change my predictor from as you always seem to be right these days! 😆 I'd be happy with any win, as long as there are no injuries or suspensions (looking at you, red card Ross).

For as much as I'd enjoy the cabbage doing some damage, as far as we're concerned - it's all about us.

I'm a big fan of Jonny Hayes, but unless Lenny is fully committed to three at the back, then we need to be playing with natural full-backs if they're available.

Perhaps the boss is trying to look ahead to the 29th, but nothing will convince me that we should be adapting to them........they should be adapting to us!

I like wee Jamesie on the left side, he creates acres of space on the outside by cutting inland, I also think we can play Corpus right side and he can also come inside and give wee Jeremie the freedom of the right.

That also opens up a berth for Ollie and he was one of our better players for a long enough spell on Wednesday.

Comfortable 2-zip going on 5 for The Hoops.......Eddy bags a brace.

For as much as I'd enjoy the cabbage doing some damage, as far as we're concerned - it's all about us.

I'm a big fan of Jonny Hayes, but unless Lenny is fully committed to three at the back, then we need to be playing with natural full-backs if they're available.

Perhaps the boss is trying to look ahead to the 29th, but nothing will convince me that we should be adapting to them........they should be adapting to us!

I like wee Jamesie on the left side, he creates acres of space on the outside by cutting inland, I also think we can play Corpus right side and he can also come inside and give wee Jeremie the freedom of the right.

That also opens up a berth for Ollie and he was one of our better players for a long enough spell on Wednesday.

Comfortable 2-zip going on 5 for The Hoops.......Eddy bags a brace.

I’m still not convinced on Ntcham, Broonie and Callum in the same midfield.....Ntcham for me lacks the dig required when it’s a battle.....playing Forrest on the left with Boli is an accident waiting to happen imo.....none of the two of them can defend properly.....in the big games we have to get the balance of the team right and be up for it.....we win the physical battle.....we dictate the play.....we dictate the play.....we win the game.....I think Lennie is experimenting because he knows the balance isn’t quite right and he’s trying to get a lot more out of Ntcham.....the competent teams that play us and utilise the high press with an aggressive style can cause us problems al la the Huns as seen at Hampden.....we have to work out how to overcome this not only against the Huns.....but also against the good Europeans teams that play this way.....just my take on things

Anyone else think Aberdeen will target Frimpong the same way they targeted KT by knocking high balls down that side and taking the player out whilst the ball is in the air?....I just hope Broonie drops in front of Frimpong to combat this when the ball is in the air.....there’s little doubt in my mind they will target Frimpong like this.....perhaps Lenny will see this coming and play Bitton from the start in midfield? We shall see

Anyone else think Aberdeen will target Frimpong the same way they targeted KT by knocking high balls down that side and taking the player out whilst the ball is in the air?....I just hope Broonie drops in front of Frimpong to combat this when the ball is in the air.....there’s little doubt in my mind they will target Frimpong like this.....perhaps Lenny will see this coming and play Bitton from the start in midfield? We shall see

Aberdeen will go oot their way to be overly physical as usual. KT and Corpus and their facial injuries can testify how brutal a McInnes team can be. Hope we pummel them four or five.
Who is MIB for tomorrow and who is the guy giving Sevco a penalty tonight?

All comments here...
If Taylor is fit then play him at left back, maybe change Ntcham for Rogic as the Dons are sure to park the bus. Could Frimpong be a replacement/deputy for Forrest at some point ? Just a thought folks.

All comments here...
Yes, 1-1 ,but if hibs are serious then 1-0 to them,and 3-0 for us ,hh

I have noticed in the last few games as soon as frimpong bombs forward, most of the time broony slots in behind him covering the gap he leaves

Back