Celtic v Aberdeen - Scottish Cup semi-final, Hampden, 14 October - all comments here

That was without doubt the bhoys best performance since Lenny came back in. Even though I still think this team is capable of being a lot more ruthless that was as professional and accomplished a performance as we've seen all season from this group of players.

Lenny's decision to start Hayes, even though it seemed a bit of a head-scratcher with both Sinclair and Weah available, turned out to be a master stroke. The directness of Hayes had the sheep on the back foot from the off, it spooked them and allowed us to get an early foothold in the game and go on to dictate the play. He was a menace with his running and cutting in and it was Aberdeen's inability to deal with him which lead to the penalty.

The one thing I wanted to see from the bhoys today was for them to mix it up a bit up top, to stop endlessly trying to play through a packed defence and hit a few from distance and they done exactly that and it paid off with 2 top drawer goals from wee JF and Rogic. It was an impressive display and as assured a performance as we've seen from them all season.

On a side note - Ball's challenge on Christie, which he could've easily pulled out of, was horrendous and deserves a further ban imo and so does Ferguson's disgraceful 2 footed lunge. How he stayed on the pitch for as long as he did is beyond me given he committed around 11 fouls by my count but it was the fact that Thompson let him away with so much that led him to think he would get away with a tackle like that. Disgusting challenge directly linked to piss poor refereeing imo.

On a side note - Ball's challenge on Christie, which he could've easily pulled out of, was horrendous and deserves a further ban imo and so does Ferguson's disgraceful 2 footed lunge. How he stayed on the pitch for as long as he did is beyond me given he committed around 11 fouls by my count but it was the fact that Thompson let him away with so much that led him to think he would get away with a tackle like that. Disgusting challenge directly linked to piss poor refereeing imo.

Excellent point. I had counted 10, but I could have missed one. The officiating was awful -- how James was carded when he was clearly fouled.

One of my favorite points in the match was when, after Ferguson fouled Edouard and tried to help Edouard up, Eddy pushed him out of the way, like GTFO asshole.

Excellent point. I had counted 10, but I could have missed one. The officiating was awful -- how James was carded when he was clearly fouled.

One of my favorite points in the match was when, after Ferguson fouled Edouard and tried to help Edouard up, Eddy pushed him out of the way, like GTFO asshole.

Easy to lose count when he was getting away with so much Larry and for Thompson to book Wee JF when he was clearly impeded is just fucking typical of what we've come to expect from these refs.

Got to say I loved seeing Eddy react like that too, sometimes I think the bhoy is too laid back for his own good so to see him show a bit of fire was brilliant.

HH.

Great performance, I was trepidatious (look it up??) bit there was only ever going to be one winner. Hayes was outstanding, I thought wtf? when we signed him but I'd play him every game. Run through walls for ye , a proper Jackeen. They are fuckin brutal-literally. Ferguson auditioning for the Huns, surely he's Ibrokes bound.

Great result from a great team no doubt tomorrow's chip paper will twist and turn it to make Celtic the bad boy,s,it is becoming clear from managers that if we can't beat Celtic let's attack thier supports instead,how cheap can McInnies get the has played football and managed teams for years so knows the score as far as banter and singing is concerned even when aimed at individuals,this appears to be the flavour of the month as far as defeated mangers and thier first line of defence nothing to do with the failure of thier team to beat Celtic so let's attack thier supporters instead,as far as the sending offs go if it had been on his players he would be screaming blue murder, a sad defence from a sad man

If you are an Aberdeen supporter you must be disgusted by such a spineless performance from your team, if you are an Aberdeen player you must be embarrassed by your performance today and if you are the Aberdeen manager you need to think of how you can deflect from getting your arse handed to you on a plate agains by Celtic at Hampden again. Play the spurious sectarian card, always works with the sweetly wives of the SMSM looking to deflect from another Celtic Hampden masterclass.

The bold McInnes sold his team out with his setup today, pushed wingers up n midfield was so high its incredible we didn't have an early goal, tho Simo should have. He also should have subbed Ian fergushun 3mins before his hatred lunge, doesn't far anywhere away from the tree they genes!
Celtic where free to play for the first time in me shaky memory. Wonderful displays by everyone under a brutal assault from a sheep side who know they don't have the talent to take on an awake Celtic team. Hope Christie is okay, heard he got fracture eye socket, hope not!
Jamsies goal was perfect n Rogic strike was technically flush with special mentions to Hayes n Simo

History beckons!!! ?

Sectarian songs being blamed by mcinnes and BBC for his Red card. WTF Mibbes we should stick to our folk songs which don't mention sad orange bastards. Once you join a club with a pro orange agenda or a new club which clings to that old clubs orange agenda then I am afraid you are a sad orange bastard.
I wish the SMSM and folk like McInnes would stop trying to label the term "orange bastard" as sectarian. It doesn't insult a religion. The huns' calling us taigs and the like is intended to insult a religion so it is sectarian.

RC Broken cheek bone or eye socket hopefully will be okay for Final Lennon says.
McInnes must have searched for another dirty thug on loan because he is missing Stockley. He has obviously found an animal from the same breed and that's twice now in three seasons that a sheep player has had one of ours carried off for a fracture. As others have said, does it stop when one of our players has his career ended?

Back