Celtic v Aberdeen - Scottish Cup semi-final, Hampden, 14 October - all comments here

I hope Lenny gets his tactics right on this one. Was baffled to see him play with 3 centre backs agains Livy. A team who always park the bus against us. Aberdeen will be in our faces from the off I'm sure.
Not been overly impressed with Lenny up to now. Not many scored including a couple of last gasp wins. I hope I'm wrong but we should be worried this weekend. Big improvement needed.
HH?

It wouldn’t surprise me if NL started Hayes wide left on Sunday.

I think we might be trying to off load Sinclair due to his alleged £35k a week salary with Morgan and Shved in the mix next season.

I think the subs we will use if things are going ok will be Weah, Rogic and Burke.

If Sinclair doesn’t get a run out he is definitely for the off.

Bain

Lustig Ajer Simunovic Tierney

Brown McGregor

Forrest Christie Hayes

Edourde

I think the heightened level of nerves over this game is symptomatic of our season from the summer onward. The team have looked jaded and although a treble treble is a real possibility, it won’t be achieved with the swashbuckling swagger of the first one.

It’s a time for seeing the finishing line and forcing ourselves over it. I definitely think this is the best chance Aberdeen have had, not because they have got better, rather we have stalled, and that should be a lesson as we head into the summer window. Getting a historic TT without additions to the squad will be a great achievement. I actually think we will play well and gub them. Very important how we start, an early goal means they need to come out and hopefully we will punish them.

It’s a day for our players to stand up and take them on, not pass it back or sideways for someone else to try which is too often taken.

4.0 for me. Let’s take these cunts to the fucking cleaners. If we do we will sicken more than just the Dandies. That’s a good day.

I am raging that the game is on that bastard Premium channel though. Disgraceful.
Totally agree it’s a bloody shame that it’s on the Premium Channel. It really ticks me off when we already pay through the nose for tv.... the bloody licence fee and the Cable or Sky contract and now they want to make football a bloody pay per view sport. The trouble is if people subscribe to it I can see football going the way of boxing. But though I’ll not be watching I’ll be wearing my colours and willing them on. I just hope we show up and remember the goal is in front and we’ll not get the ball in if we keep passing backwards and side to side. Mon the hoops HH

Totally agree it’s a bloody shame that it’s on the Premium Channel. It really ticks me off when we already pay through the nose for tv.... the bloody licence fee and the Cable or Sky contract and now they want to make football a bloody pay per view sport. The trouble is if people subscribe to it I can see football going the way of boxing. But though I’ll not be watching I’ll be wearing my colours and willing them on. I just hope we show up and remember the goal is in front and we’ll not get the ball in if we keep passing backwards and side to side. Mon the hoops HH
Watch it online. I will.

I have never heard such negativity on here .I was at the livy game on another day we were 5/0. Apart from Europe Celtic have only had one really poor game that was in December. We were spoiled two years ago and now the fans are expecting the team to win by four goals every time . Aberdeen are missing three of their best players this is our best opportunity to get a good win against them . The fans need to stay behind the team and give them our total support . If we do that we will get a performance from our beloved team . Don't think it will be close game but it might be a close score that is football . Let's hear it for the bhoys . Three nil will be worth a punt .

O have to be honest I think we'll get beat on Sunday. Just a feeling. If they have a go rather than do the usual man Mark and hope for the best we could be vulnerable. We have an underlying malaise the sheer effort is overcoming. If it's 0-0 at h/t we're in soapy. Fingers crossed I'm wrong
I have that feeling too Noah, they will score and shut up shop, we have not been too good in the scoring lately.

Think we will win, but would have expected it under Rodgers

Just thinking about Rodgers and the one habit he had that Lenny should but is unlikely to ever learn from.
Rodgers reacted to a win not much different to the rare defeat, a wee swing of the arm at a goal was typically about all for the cameras.

Running up the touch line, punching the air, gritting teeth cursing to hell, I do that like most fans but think about it as a Manager and how it does not really make sense to do it.

You kind of pay the opposition a compliment, where as Rodgers treated it as he expected it, like jst another a day at the office, must have made the opposition manager feel worse and inferior and far more frustrated, they could not even use the ott celebrations for the next match.
think I know what I mean here!

Last edited:
A week is a long time in politics and football.

After the euphoria of beating the Rangers, followed by a decent win at St Mirren (doing something else Rodgers failed to do earlier in the season), Neil Lennon has had his credentials for getting the Celtic job on a permanent basis challenged after that frustrating goalless draw against Livingston. If you watch the SPFL highlights you'll see at least half a dozen great chances to score, Eddie had a couple, Rogic should have scored, James was unlucky and Burke seems to lose all sense of where the goals were in the last few seconds. How annoying!

AVB and Martinez have both come in on the betting and for the first time since taking over as Interim Manager, Neil Lennon is current not the bookies favourite to get the job on a permanent basis.

But he'll be thinking that that can change if he can win on Sunday and take us to the Scottish Cup Final on 25 May when an historic treble treble can be secured. The euphoria would be back just as he sits down for his interview.

So beating Aberdeen on Sunday is huge for Neil Lennon personally and also for Celtic.

The formation against Livingston was puzzling. We seemed to have one too many midfielders and were a striker short. Let's play 3 5 2

Bain

Jozo, Ajer, Benkovic

Jamesy, Christie, Broony, Calmac, KT

French Eddie, Burke

That will work against Aberdeen and get us to the final.

Prediction? If Celtic plat two up top, we'll win 2-0....Your thoughts?
Biggest test of our season no two ways about it. Aberdeen are back sort of to the 2nd best team form we expect. Nothing is a given in fitba but if the big game players turn up on the day as they usually do i think we'll be ok and see them off 2-1. I'm not convinced that rogic and ntcham are ready to be in the starting XI yet. I'm not convinced that lenny knows his best starting XI or best formation yet either and that's a worry but all in all I'm confident in our abilities even more so against Aberdeen as they won't park the bus they'll play to win as they have to it's a cup tie. Biggest test of our domestic season and I include the ibrox shambles as that had to happen at some point by the law of averages. COYBIG HH

I have that feeling too Noah, they will score and shut up shop, we have not been too good in the scoring lately.
No I have to respectfully disagree with those feelings for these Celtic players can write themselves into history by winning this cup and I believe our players lift their game in the big ones. We will score and if they score then we'll just have to score more and we will keep the faith HH

Back