Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Semi-Final Match Thread

Final place in the bag. Move on to Thursday keep the momentum going and then Sunday and soon the games will come thick and fast, squad looking good and lots of energy on display today, Celtic of old first half crisp passing and holding onto the ball when seeking the gaps, overall considering the conditions also lots of positives coming together

Hopefully avoid injuries. A final on the immediate horizon will sharpen all player's focus as they will want to make the squad/team. One match at a time now, focus, clean sheets, keep the momentum going, ignore the msm, get the smiles back and Lenny prowling the touchline. And wait.

Yes history in the making 4 Scottish cup wins on the spin never been done until hopefully 20 december.also see the huns have won the league a month earlier this year they can win all the league's they want in November and December,but we'll just do what we do and pick up the cups as we go along
Thats par for the course with us McGarrell,,usually March April time we peak just as the cesspit crew are crying,,,surrender..

HH

Having been out in that rain for the last 20 minutes, I find myself reassessing today's performance from the Buoys. How energy sapping that weather must have been, running around the huge Hampden Park chilled to the bone and expected to play at your best for the whole 90 minutes. I can thoroughly understand the falling away in the second half. If anything, it makes me more pleased with the result.
Well done team.

HH.

“The pleasing sound of silence from the anti-Neil Lennon Brigade,” David Potter...

Well said David,thanks for posting this mon Capitan! mon the Lenny! 🍺 🍺 🥳

“The pleasing sound of silence from the anti-Neil Lennon Brigade,” David Potter...

Yep. Well done lennon. Great win today. But once again ill just point out to all the uber-celts that lennon only has his critics because we have been fuckind terrible to watch this season. His critics aren't sitting watching celtic and making shit up to throw at him....so i won't be in the queue to apologise to anyone but I will applaud the manager and the team when they are doing well and winning...but I'll still criticise if we return to how we started the season, its my right as a Celtic fan...

Last edited:
He was better than he usually has been, which has been shite. but, even then, he is still not good enough and Julien, Bitton and Hamed for me are far safer. I hope he gets good too for the reasons you mention, but, fan or no fan, he's been a fucking disaster and even today he did not install any confidence. He came in as an expensive loan to improve the defence, we are worse now, and its all down to him. Every time he gets the ball his passing is so bad that you immediately know its not going to land at us. I feel for him, I really do, as he seems like a top lad, but, he needs to sort it and as Sutton said, stop trying to do things your ability cannot manage. Keep it fucking simple. Win headers in our box, you haven't, give the ball to players who can pass, realise you aint a fucking cheetah and give yourself room to catch your man, or, get close, but don't give away a foul in a dangerous area, especially if you aren't winning the ball from the free kick, . My fear is Lenny will stubbornly keep playing him because he brought him in at big wages. So far, truth be told, he hasn't earned them at all. Anybody know when Julien is back.
100% Theverdict1,he has to do the simple things well before he starts to think he might have a bit of skill somewhere,if he had the pace of Frimpong then maybe my nerves could handle him a bit better but as things stand just now the big man is an accident waiting to happen,both Duffy and Bitton had decent games today but when it comes to pace to make a recovering challenge they must be the two slowest centre backs in the SPFL..I realise this is not Bittons position of choice and he has done well by us when asked to play there and the big guy deserves a bit of praise for what he has done any time he has been asked to fill in..Should we not be bringing through from the Academy at least one or two players each year capable of playing in the first team or at least get into the first team pool,,where is the new Messi,,,, young Dembelle,,,,last season he was the rave of Scottish football,this season he is not being mentioned,is it a case of the young Academy Bhoys get sickened every time they see the transfer window opening and we bring in new faces and lately quite a few of them are not getting game time either... ie David Turnbull, Soro, £5m of talent not being given game time,,there is definitely something not right that these two Bhoys are being overlooked every week when we see N,tchamp either in the team or coming of the bench..
These two Bhoys did not turn into bad players overnight..

HH.

Members online

Latest posts

Back