Celtic v Aberdeen - Scottish Premiership Sat 27 February, kick-off 3pm Watch via Pass to Paradise.

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
John Kennedy has 8 games in charge and he'll need to win them all if he's going to be a contender for the job on a permanent basis. Jullien and former player Frimpong sent Neil Lennon a message via social media - anyone see any more? Kennedy seems to be more popular with the players and he might be well advised to go back the the Brendan Rodgers system of 4-2-3-1 that had served Celtic so well. Aberdeen felt that they were denied a penalty in their recent visit to Celtic Park and are in need of a morale raising victory themselves. Should be an interesting game, prediction? 2-0 to the Bhoys.

So if Kennedy returned to a 4-2-3-1, who would he play? Would it be:

Bain
Kenny Ajer Welsh Taylor (or Laxalt of Taylor injured)
Soro Brown
Turnbull Eduoard MacGregor
Griff (or Ajeti/Klimala)

I hope it isn't Eddy upfront on his own - but he probably will be.
CalMac needs a rest, but won't get it.
Christie works hard (IMO) but his shooting is woeful just now - but he will probably start.
Elynoussi doesn't work hard and isn't even compensating with goals at the moment.
Griff isn't fit but I'd be tempted to start him - get him to run himself into the ground and then replace him with the fitter Klimala when he is totally knackered after 8 minutes.

In reality I expect Soro to be wasted on the bench again and CalMac and Rogic or Moi to start in the attacking midfield to support an unhappy lone striker of Eddy.

No predictions from me. Who knows how we will set up. As he was our "defensive coach" and obviously couldn't get our defence playing better than a pub team I'm not expecting much.
As a man who likes you to come up with numbers SB. Mm but on this occasion and only this occasion your right. 😂
This is either a tight loss, a draw or we turn up and pump 7 bits o 💩oot o thum hope it’s the last, we live in Hoops (hope)
Mon the Hoops and next Season

HH 🍀

Looking forward to tomorrow's match with interest.

Would a huge improvement in performance from the players, indicate that they downed tools for Lennon?

Would a change of tactics / personnel indicate that Kennedy has more to him than we think, and Lennon's stubbornness was an issue?

Will we see a touchline presence, tactical changes from Kennedy? If so, where was he previously?

Where will Gavin Strachan fit in, now Mc Manus has been promoted?

Will Lawell be present to give Kennedy moral support?

Will Kennedy be a jacket and tie or a tracksuit manager?

I know Aberdeen are poor. But having played them so recently, I think, is a decent yardstick.

Kennedy knows that he needs a win,so I would think he will put out his strongest possible team, He has been around the team long enough to be aware where players best suited too,don’t think he will let sentiment rule his head if it needs to be changed I,am sure will do just that anyway best of luck to him and the team

Members online

Latest posts

Back