Celtic v Aberdeen - Scottish Premiership Sat 27 February, kick-off 3pm Watch via Pass to Paradise.

Fs just seen JKs interview, " just need a wee bit more from the strikers , the midfield could do more and defence is a problem. No shit sherlock must've been really listening to those great managers you've worked under. Dont need another lenny though he stopped short of saying that we were outstanding 👏 we won but not in the Celtic manner. Played well aye but so we should anyway. This is the side ross county beat 4-1 dont be too chuffed JK

I saw a team more rigid in position from minute one. Within 3 days they had defined roles and not just reliant on individuals, they were clearly at least trying to link up. Yet again they ran out of steam prior to an hour played. I see positives from that. You can drill fitness, however the natural ability is and has always been there. If that was down to Kennedy i'm doubtful, you can only go so far as an assistant. For what it's worth I think we need to judge Kennedy as his own man and at the end of this 8 game phase not just a game 72 hours after a seismic change.
Judge Kennedy after the 8 games? You’re not actually suggesting if we win all 8 that he gets the gig are you Niall?

I saw a team more rigid in position from minute one. Within 3 days they had defined roles and not just reliant on individuals, they were clearly at least trying to link up. Yet again they ran out of steam prior to an hour played. I see positives from that. You can drill fitness, however the natural ability is and has always been there. If that was down to Kennedy i'm doubtful, you can only go so far as an assistant. For what it's worth I think we need to judge Kennedy as his own man and at the end of this 8 game phase not just a game 72 hours after a seismic change.
Sorry Niall, I must have been watching a different game as I saw the same indisciplines that have cost us so badly this season.
Lax spent most of the 1st half way ahead of calmac as usual.
Broony still wants to sit on top of the CB and slow the game down to a snails pace.
Eddy still wants to be the one man show when a simple pass could usually take 3 players out of play, so why bother with another up front along side him.
Still not getting Turnbull into the game enough, who remains our best player for unlocking a tight defence.
Still wanting to play a 2nd half way deeper due to a lack of fitness.
Still doing the high defensive line from set plays that have been so costly.
Christie still doing his impression of the invisible man especially 2nd half.
JK said beforehand there wouldn't be to many changes well at least he's honest about that, said before the game was looking for a change in attitude, can't say I noticed any really

Fs just seen JKs interview, " just need a wee bit more from the strikers , the midfield could do more and defence is a problem. No shit sherlock must've been really listening to those great managers you've worked under. Dont need another lenny though he stopped short of saying that we were outstanding 👏 we won but not in the Celtic manner. Played well aye but so we should anyway. This is the side ross county beat 4-1 dont be too chuffed JK
So other than the strikers, the midfield and the defence it was all tip top? Aye thanks for that JFK.
We need a cunt on the grassy knoll honestly!

Sorry Niall, I must have been watching a different game as I saw the same indisciplines that have cost us so badly this season.
Lax spent most of the 1st half way ahead of calmac as usual.
Broony still wants to sit on top of the CB and slow the game down to a snails pace.
Eddy still wants to be the one man show when a simple pass could usually take 3 players out of play, so why bother with another up front along side him.
Still not getting Turnbull into the game enough, who remains our best player for unlocking a tight defence.
Still wanting to play a 2nd half way deeper due to a lack of fitness.
Still doing the high defensive line from set plays that have been so costly.
Christie still doing his impression of the invisible man especially 2nd half.
JK said beforehand there wouldn't be to many changes well at least he's honest about that, said before the game was looking for a change in attitude, can't say I noticed any really
Aye agree with the majority of that I also dont believe that 8 games pressure off is enough to audition for the Celtic job

Aye agree with the majority of that I also dont believe that 8 games pressure off is enough to audition for the Celtic job
I would say winter that any real changes that are in the offering will only begin when the new CEO takes up his position officially, I'm still hoping there is work been done behind the scenes now so ready to begin the rebuild process immediately

I would say winter that any real changes that are in the offering will only begin when the new CEO takes up his position officially, I'm still hoping there is work been done behind the scenes now so ready to begin the rebuild process immediately
I would hope that we could get next season's manager in now to assess the squad BEFORE the summer. And if Steve Clarke is to join us then get his ex-assistant Alex Dyer (just sacked by Killie) involved now so he can work with the players.

I would hope that we could get next season's manager in now to assess the squad BEFORE the summer. And if Steve Clarke is to join us then get his ex-assistant Alex Dyer (just sacked by Killie) involved now so he can work with the players.
I can see the sence BB, but we don't seem to do sence these days, so have to assume any potential new manager wouldn't want to put his name against this current shitshow and will want to start a fresh, which is OK only if any changes are made very promptly, again speed is hardly are strongest suit either

Why was he sacked BB
Cos they were absolute pish!!! But they had lost a lot of the players that helped them finish so high when Clarke was there.

But if he is joining us as Clarke's assistant next season then I think it would help us hit the ground running in the European qualifiers in the summer as Clarke will have no time to do this after the Euros.

I can see the sence BB, but we don't seem to do sence these days, so have to assume any potential new manager wouldn't want to put his name against this current shitshow and will want to start a fresh, which is OK only if any changes are made very promptly, again speed is hardly are strongest suit either
I can't see why any manager would feel like they would be associated with losing the 10 now and I don't think any fans would blame them either.

Cos they were absolute pish!!! But they had lost a lot of the players that helped them finish so high when Clarke was there.

But if he is joining us as Clarke's assistant next season then I think it would help us hit the ground running in the European qualifiers in the summer as Clarke will have no time to do this after the Euros.
It wouldn't be a management team that would inspire me to be honest BB, so hoping it's not in the making tbh

It wouldn't be a management team that would inspire me to be honest BB, so hoping it's not in the making tbh
Me neither (but I was keen 5-6 years ago to replace Ronny), but I feel there has been too many murmurings and the fact that we haven't brought in a replacement straight-away means I think it will happen.

I can't see why any manager would feel like they would be associated with losing the 10 now and I don't think any fans would blame them either.
I would say a new manager would want to put a whole new stamp on how he wants to set the team up and with his own personal in place and what players he wants out, so loads to be done before work can really be done on the training field imo

I would say a new manager would want to put a whole new stamp on how he wants to set the team up and with his own personal in place and what players he wants out, so loads to be done before work can really be done on the training field imo
There will be a lot to do but I still believe we have the nucleus of a very good team that just needs to find its mojo again. They need to get fitter, more disciplined, play to our strengths and play to a system with a back up alternative instead of vaguely playing players in rough parts of the park and hoping their individual skill creates something and stops our opponents.

Last edited:
There will be a lot to do but I still believe we have the nucleus of a very good team that just needs to find its mojo again. They need to get fitter, more disciplined, play to our strengths and play to a system with a back up alternative instead of vaguely playing players in rough parts of the psrk and hoping their individual skill creates something and stops our opponents.
Most definitely BB, my preferred system would be a 343 for Scottish football that could be slightly adjusted for European football, but an improvement in fitness and organisation will bring huge changes without much change to personal

Youd think that Clarke mightve wanted him on his Scotland team maybe the SFA have a similar regime to Peter's

Back