Celtic v Aberdeen - Sunday 28 November - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
After the frustrations of coming so close on Thursday night against Leverkusen and the overwhelming sadness of saying goodbye to a giant of a Celtic legend yesterday, it's back to Paradise tomorrow where 60,000 supporters will get one final chance to pay tribute to the Lisbon Lion, Mr Celtic Bertie Auld. Scott Brown will join Callum McGregor for the commemoration ahead of the game and Celtic have asked that everyone is seated ten minutes ahead of the 3pm kick-off.

The 3 points are essential and with less riding on the game against Real Betis - other than the chance to develop as a team - it perhaps allows the emphasis to be on the league and of course winning the cup final too, setting Ange on course for a debut season treble. Aberdeen were robbed of a victory at Ibrox by a few honest mistakes and they'll know that won't be a factor that Celtic can rely on tomorrow.

The players, back from an energy sapping night in Germany in the early hours of Friday morning, then gathered to pay their respects to Bertie so the tiredness could be a factor that will give Aberdeen further encouragement.

Yet the three points are absolutely vital. Expect a few changes to the starting eleven, perhaps Starfelt or Rogic or maybe both will be back. Bitton could be a doubt after his head-knock, a factor that possibly cost us the game the other night. Celtic need to find a way to win, get the three points and then let's look to a massive December when we can really motor through the gears and end up top of the league by the time the final whistle blows on 2 January.

Remember folks I'm heading round after the game to do the pos match media conference with Ange and a player. Immediately after the final whistle tomorrow can you drop into this thread any questions you'd like asked and I'll have a read while waiting for the gaffer to emerge. HH

Prediction Celtic 2 Aberdeen 0.

After the frustrations of coming so close on Thursday night against Leverkusen and the overwhelming sadness of saying goodbye to a giant of a Celtic legend yesterday, it's back to Paradise tomorrow where 60,000 supporters will get one final chance to pay tribute to the Lisbon Lion, Mr Celtic Bertie Auld. Scott Brown will join Callum McGregor for the commemoration ahead of the game and Celtic have asked that everyone is seated ten minutes ahead of the 3pm kick-off.

The 3 points are essential and with less riding on the game against Real Betis - other than the chance to develop as a team - it perhaps allows the emphasis to be on the league and of course winning the cup final too, setting Ange on course for a debut season treble. Aberdeen were robbed of a victory at Ibrox by a few honest mistakes and they'll know that won't be a factor that Celtic can rely on tomorrow.

The players, back from an energy sapping night in Germany in the early hours of Friday morning, then gathered to pay their respects to Bertie so the tiredness could be a factor that will give Aberdeen further encouragement.

Yet the three points are absolutely vital. Expect a few changes to the starting eleven, perhaps Starfelt or Rogic or maybe both will be back. Bitton could be a doubt after his head-knock, a factor that possibly cost us the game the other night. Celtic need to find a way to win, get the three points and then let's look to a massive December when we can really motor through the gears and end up top of the league by the time the final whistle blows on 2 January.

Remember folks I'm heading round after the game to do the pos match media conference with Ange and a player. Immediately after the final whistle tomorrow can you drop into this thread any questions you'd like asked and I'll have a read while waiting for the gaffer to emerge. HH

Ange, What about the allocation of tickets for the Cup final 🎟️😂😂😂, o wait thats been asked 😎.

Would a set play and defence coach be something you are looking to bring in? 🤔

Well if we have no defensive lapses against the sheep then I've a feeling we will run all over them, quick passing and movement will take Broonie and Ferguson out of the game, we will need our mids to be on the ball and our inverted full backs to. Is Tam back??.

Hart

Tony CCV Welsh Josip

Turnbull Soro Calmac

Jamsie Kyogo Jota.

Soro only if Tam doesn't make it.

4 nuffin, Jota Kyogo and 2 ogs fae Broonie.

Well if we have no defensive lapses against the sheep then I've a feeling we will run all over them, quick passing and movement will take Broonie and Ferguson out of the game, we will need our mids to be on the ball and our inverted full backs to. Is Tam back??.

Hart

Tony CCV Welsh Josip

Turnbull Soro Calmac

Jamsie Kyogo Jota.

Soro only if Tam doesn't make it.

4 nuffin, Jota Kyogo and 2 ogs fae Broonie.
Mccarthy man of the match? 🤔

This will be Broonies 1st visit back at Parkhead so it'll be a big day for him, and us. Sorry Scott, we know you need points but you will have to find them elsewhere.
Broonie will bust a gut and will hope to muster some of the old magic if only to prove something to the 'Dons fans. He'll need watching.
I just hope we dont have a hangover from Thurs night. Although we have the numbers in the Squad, the fringe players dont seem to be trusted beyond a group of around 15-16. Some like Henderson seem to have dropped off the radar altogether. With doubts over Rogic and now Bitton it just shows we are still pretty thin on the ground.
I really don't see the point in makeweight signings like Shaw, Urhoghide, Scales who dont get a look in.
Ange said he took Forrest and Jota off to conserve energy levels with today in mind,(wrong call if you ask me) so I expect them both to start and they should be fresh as daisies surely,:unsure:?
Aberdeen cant seem to get a run going and being without Ojo wont help,
Think it could be close so I'll be cautious and say 1-0, 2-1 to us.

Last edited:
Supporters who can’t be at this weekend’s league match v Aberdeen can still tune in to all the live action from the comfort of home, with StreamDigital offering Pay-per-view for Sunday’s match.

Goals in either half from Kyogo and Jota secured the points for the Celts at Pittodrie when the sides last met, and the Hoops will be looking to make home advantage count in front of a sold-out Celtic Park this weekend.

Sunday’s match will also be an emotional occasion as the club with current captain Callum McGregor and former captain Scott Brown, will pay tribute to Bertie pre-match on what is set to be a special day for the Celtic family, as we honour and remember the legendary Bertie Auld.

It’s a 3pm kick-off with pay-per-view available to supporters in the UK and Ireland only, priced £12.99.

Always wary coming off the back off an away trip in Europe and the Dandys are desperate for points so I don't expect open expansive football from them . Once again it's all about the 3 points whatever positive result we get but get it we must .

Ange I watched Bertie's Funeral and wondered what was going through your head when you heard the great stories of the lions and the importance of the bond with the Celtic support ....what success do you aspire to and what do you think is possible with our great club now you have got one foot in the door at paradise .

Supporters who can’t be at this weekend’s league match v Aberdeen can still tune in to all the live action from the comfort of home, with StreamDigital offering Pay-per-view for Sunday’s match.

Goals in either half from Kyogo and Jota secured the points for the Celts at Pittodrie when the sides last met, and the Hoops will be looking to make home advantage count in front of a sold-out Celtic Park this weekend.

Sunday’s match will also be an emotional occasion as the club with current captain Callum McGregor and former captain Scott Brown, will pay tribute to Bertie pre-match on what is set to be a special day for the Celtic family, as we honour and remember the legendary Bertie Auld.

It’s a 3pm kick-off with pay-per-view available to supporters in the UK and Ireland only, priced £12.99.
The Pass to Paradise still works for season ticket holders who can't be there tomorrow.

:oops: And the FREE streams are sill available ,,,,,,,,no cost ,,,,,,free viewing ,,,,,,,,,free international languages ,,,,,Russian ,Ukraine,Japanese ,,,,,,,english

non of your pay'd up shite ,were talking buffering at a whole new level ,,,,,it'll make you forget you ever had a shite carpet

WC
could you ask was there not some room to manoeuvre on Thursday to be a bit more pragmatic on Thursday. Loving the football but do we not sometimes need it to get across the line?
just a thought
HH

This is a must win game - as pretty much all domestic games are. Aberdeen have a few players out but they should be fighting tooth and nail to keep their struggling manager in employment. We know that Broonie will be the consummate professional who will get stuck in and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booked.

It will be interesting to see who starts in midfield up against Broonie (assuming Scott isn't still covering as CB as he has been doing recently). Will Bitton be fit enough to start? Will McCarthy start instead? I doubt that Soro will come out of the cold for such an important high profile game as Ange clearly doesn't fancy him. This is crucial and we must get it right.

I'd go with the same starting line up as we used in midweek - injuries permitting. I fancy Forrest to score again and CCV from a corner too. Jota will impress too. Mon the Hoops!

Back