Celtic v AC Milan - Match Thead, all comments here

I cannot be arsed second guessing Lenny and his formations anymore.My rule of thumb now is, think of the worst team we could put out with players totally out of form and a formation that cuts us off at the knees. Its worked so far. My only hope is they have got over been a shower of disinterested shitebags, that would be progress indeed.

Let's use this already started thread as the one for the match folks.

Here is Niall J's report on our opponents...

Celtic v AC Milan Match Preview – An opportunity to put a spring back in the step of Celtic and the support...​

With the players available, and trying to get the best from those players, we should really go with a back 4. But we won't.
We should leave Brown out, European games pass him by and he's a liability in them, save him for Sunday which will be a battle at Pittodrie. But we won't.

I'd like to see something like (assuming neither Griffiths or Ajeti can play a full 90 mins between them)

4-3-2-1
Barkas
Frimpong Duffy Ajer Laxault
Turnbull Ntcham (last chance) McGregor
Christie Elyounoussi
Ajeti

What we'll probably get
Barkas
Welsh Duffy Ajer
Frimpong Christie Brown McGregor Laxault
Klimala Elyounoussi

Not confident at all, expect to lose by a couple (unless Milan play a weakened side then its game on)

After Saturdays performance it's hard to see us uping our game and putting in a decent showing

The milan forwards will run Duffy and ajer ragged and if were still goin with Ntcham the lennons learned fk all

expectin nothin after saturdays showin , which is a shite state of affairs to be in for this club

With the players available, and trying to get the best from those players, we should really go with a back 4. But we won't.
We should leave Brown out, European games pass him by and he's a liability in them, save him for Sunday which will be a battle at Pittodrie. But we won't.

I'd like to see something like (assuming neither Griffiths or Ajeti can play a full 90 mins between them)

4-3-2-1
Barkas
Frimpong Duffy Ajer Laxault
Turnbull Ntcham (last chance) McGregor
Christie Elyounoussi
Ajeti

What we'll probably get
Barkas
Welsh Duffy Ajer
Frimpong Christie Brown McGregor Laxault
Klimala Elyounoussi

Not confident at all, expect to lose by a couple (unless Milan play a weakened side then its game on)
Duffy has been fucking woeful. The problem is with Julien, Bitton and Hamed out, he plays.Another fucking ballsup of a signing because for me he never has looked an accomplished CB and his performances have backed that up. Again it seemed he was given a green light because he's from Derry, well, I don't give a fuck where you come from and don't get all teary eyed when a player comes from the old country. He needs to improve but because we are paying him £45k a week he will remain being as slow as a week in the jail and unable to make a pass, unless its five yards sideways. Klimala shouldn't be on either for me, or Brown or Ely.

Always up for a Celtic match no matter the opposition, this tournament however, the result i could not give a fuck about, its pish due to Covid and has too many pitfalls, this season its all about domestics and regardless of the media shite who gives a fuck about them, I am boycotting the SMSM until they get a grip of themselves and learn to write fair and balanced football reporting, do not want to read about whos banging who and whos threatning what, we are football fans we want to read about football. Also will not watch or listen to advice from football ebt tax dodgers talking about integrity and running down decent players who have not corrupted their soul and sold out for wonga.

Barkas and Duffy who cost us a lot of dosh have made us worse defensively. And thats a feat in itself for Celtic.
Duffy has been a huge disappointment. I think we all were calling out for a no nonsense defender and thought we had got one in a guy who had played his best games with teams who played with their backs to the wall, set up to defend first and foremost. Not really a blueprint for playing for Celtic. Barkas I think you might be calling a bit early (hopefully Duffy too) as we have yet to see him play with a settled, confident defence.

Duffy has been a huge disappointment. I think we all were calling out for a no nonsense defender and thought we had got one in a guy who had played his best games with teams who played with their backs to the wall, set up to defend first and foremost. Not really a blueprint for playing for Celtic. Barkas I think you might be calling a bit early (hopefully Duffy too) as we have yet to see him play with a settled, confident defence.
I was referring to right now. In the future hopefully they will improve or it will be another two signings to add to the endless list of signings who have been poor. I have more optimism regarding Barkas than I do for Duffy. Who is slow and technically deficient, especially for our game as you pointed out. But, he's from Derry, so its all ok.

nothing

heehaw

hiding

lethargic

flappy arms ajer

no tactics

no drive

we''l get humped theres no point sugar coating it ,we don't have a settled team , we don't have a playing system were happy with and we have a group of winners who don't play as a team ,,,,,,, a manager whose team selections and subs are getting more bizarre by every game and 2 clipboards who offer fk all ,,,,,,,yes one game but give it time ,,,,,,,,,,,everone now has our number
Ducking hate it when you’re right but your right let’s get this over with without too much pain.
Mon the Hoops

HH 😞

I think Duffy will play better in a pairing alongside someone who can bring the ball out....I genuinely think that him and Julie could be a perfect foil for one another......Barkas (as you said) should not be written off so soon IMO.....he had very little chance with both goals on Saturday....he's not yet had any howlers and he is very good with his distribution....let's give him a chance to find his place in the team

I think Duffy will play better in a pairing alongside someone who can bring the ball out....I genuinely think that him and Julie could be a perfect foil for one another......Barkas (as you said) should not be written off so soon IMO.....he had very little chance with both goals on Saturday....he's not yet had any howlers and he is very good with his distribution....let's give him a chance to find his place in the team
Here's that old thing again, hoping. The players should be embarrassed with themselves. If players want away, then play out of your skin to get the best move. The way they are playing no cunt will want a player who downs tools. They need to realise that. They shouldn't even get a game for us never mind a team in a bigger league.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back