Celtic v AC Milan - Match Thead, all comments here

I see Milan are top off the league, giving that do you think maybe they'll forget about the europa. and concentrate on their own league they just scraped through against an unknown team on penalties, hopefully they don't take it seriously and play an under strength team against the hoops
Canny get this oot ma heed...Even the name 'Zlatan'....sounds frightening

2892974-59567488-2560-1440.jpg

Such has been the fall-out since Saturday that I have not been able to look forward to tonights match at all, but thank fuck it is here now.
A C Milan should be such a huge fixture it is hard to believe that I feel the match on Sunday is a bigger game.
As I have said before this game is about the response from Saturday and still believe we have the players to do the job tonight. I have no idea how we will line out and would expect to see changes from Saturday. Would also expect to see a change in attitude towards this game as Milan are still a very big name in Europe and have started there season well. I know I stated earlier in the thread a team where I would have dropped nearly all of them after Saturday such was my disgust, but as guess
Barkas
Frimps duffy ajer taylor
Broony
Christie calmac. Lax
Griff Ajeti

C&P below from a Bhoy on CQN. There's an article in this methinks...

CORNELIUS on 22ND OCTOBER 2020 1:03 AM
SPIDEY101 on 22ND OCTOBER 2020 12:03 AM

10inarow was always just a chant – until we got 9.

Now I’m not so sure it’s not in danger of becoming a bit of a curse.

In the absence of facts & openness I’m left to deduce from circumstantial evidence what might be amiss.

I find it impossible to ignore what seem like telltale signs of unrest within the footballing side of things.

The lack of team spirit & the gutlessness of Saturday were huge red flags to me.

In a comment on Sunday I spoke of the lurching from one type of coach to another with all that those changes meant for current & new players. But more importantly it’s what it says about our whole outlook.

We’re expected to trust the board with the welfare & future of the club, but if they can’t establish a basic identity for the main function of the club it casts doubt for me on their acumen & judgement in other areas.

Guardiola had Arteta as one of his assistants at ManCity.

Arteta is now coaching at Arsenal in an identical style to Pep & it’d be no surprise if at some time in the future he was lured back to City to continue the work of his mentor.

Celtic are so far away from that model it’s embarrassing.

The ManCity board invited Pep to outline his vision when he was talking to them about how he saw his football teams & staff at the club. Continuity & consistency of the football vision was key to his appointment.

Such has been the fall-out since Saturday that I have not been able to look forward to tonights match at all, but thank fuck it is here now.
A C Milan should be such a huge fixture it is hard to believe that I feel the match on Sunday is a bigger game.
As I have said before this game is about the response from Saturday and still believe we have the players to do the job tonight. I have no idea how we will line out and would expect to see changes from Saturday. Would also expect to see a change in attitude towards this game as Milan are still a very big name in Europe and have started there season well. I know I stated earlier in the thread a team where I would have dropped nearly all of them after Saturday such was my disgust, but as guess
Barkas
Frimps duffy ajer taylor
Broony
Christie calmac. Lax
Griff Ajeti
Feel much the same. Just want us to show up and make sure they know they are in a game.
The only name I disagree with in your team is Frimpong. I like the bhoy but he really was dreadful at the weekend, and that in a team, that dreadful should have looked good.
Know we don't have many options there just now ( is danny mcgrain in the squad?) but do think he should be dropped. My opinion.
Take a performance tonight above anything
HH

With the players available, and trying to get the best from those players, we should really go with a back 4. But we won't.
We should leave Brown out, European games pass him by and he's a liability in them, save him for Sunday which will be a battle at Pittodrie. But we won't.

I'd like to see something like (assuming neither Griffiths or Ajeti can play a full 90 mins between them)

4-3-2-1
Barkas
Frimpong Duffy Ajer Laxault
Turnbull Ntcham (last chance) McGregor
Christie Elyounoussi
Ajeti

What we'll probably get
Barkas
Welsh Duffy Ajer
Frimpong Christie Brown McGregor Laxault
Klimala Elyounoussi

Not confident at all, expect to lose by a couple (unless Milan play a weakened side then its game on)
I wouldn't be puttin Christie brown in bigman, he only has a left foot!

By this time on any euro game I usually feel a rising optimism. I have to report that today I have none. Saturday brought into sharp focus that Slippy has Lenny on toast every game we play them and he has now gone three games like that. I will wait until the mole leaks the team to see if my confidence moves off the bottom of the dial. Every game so far this year, I have hoped we would click, every game we have failed. This game tonight will improve rock bottom confidence in the team or beat it down further. With two games against the Dons hard on its heels, ti is vital Lenny gets I right team and tactics wise and the players stand up and be counted. So far, they have been a fucking disgrace.

Neither do I...fuck the champions League
Last night was the first time ever that I deliberately didnt watch the champions league or tuesday because I simply couldn't be bothered , when Jock Stein said football is nothing without the fans he really was spot on but I dont think this is what he meant. Also with Dortmund playing to 18 thousand fans last weekend how does that sit in european football? Are visiting teams to play in front of opposition fans but none at home if it were a uk team? What a mess

Members online

No members online now.

Back