Celtic v AC Milan - Match Thead, all comments here

People might not like this but Broony for me is done and only slows down our play.Was happy to see us moving the ball a lot quicker last night ,shame we never played like that last Saturday because i reckon we wouldve seen a different outcome.As for Shane Duffy sorry big Jullien in front of him all day long .
Nobody likes it Tony but we have grudgingly accepted the truth a wee while ago and realise he is in his last hurrah. What a career he has had and as I said before he will still play a part for us but not on the pitch for every bloody game!

Jullien is still struggling with injury so it it appears it might be a few weeks before he is back. Let's get a settled back 4 and get Duffy to do what he does best. - no nonsense defending. I don't think he was as amazingly brilliant as some people claimed after his dream debut and I don't believe he is as amazingly awful as he is being made out to be by some after the last couple of poor performances. But he does need to screw the nut and improve in the upcoming marches.

People might not like this but Broony for me is done and only slows down our play.Was happy to see us moving the ball a lot quicker last night ,shame we never played like that last Saturday because i reckon we wouldve seen a different outcome.As for Shane Duffy sorry big Jullien in front of him all day long .
Broony is not our best option. It happens to every player and its just clear that he should not be picked in front of Soro Turnbull. Duffy has turned out exactly how I thought he would. Not good enough, not even close and again raises serious concerns over who the fuck is identifying players? He for me should be behind, Julien, Bitton and Hamed for CB. Will Lenny drop him and admit its not working, especially with the money we are forking out? Don't hold your breath, it will happen, but only after Duffy fucks us up so badly that it cannot be avoided. It needs to happen now, maybe a bit of the on the bench will up his game, but he should never be a shoe in. His performances, or lack of, proves that beyond doubt. We are going for 10 and we cannot afford a liability as he was last night and on Saturday.

Mega bucks Saul! apparantly we paid Brighton £2million plus his wages for a season loan! #bringbackcharlie
#bringbackjackhendry
#bringbackefe!
🍺 🥳
keyboard drama queen warrior.
1 min Shane is best evr, now hes shit.
fukin hell man, lay off d alcohol abuse 4 a fkin day,
either dat or stfu & allow others 2 hav opinions diffrent to urs,
or go fukin do one.

Don't get you undies in a twist Michael. I don't think anybody said it was all Barkass' fault. He is a new guy up for evaluation and he has shown nothing that would suggest that he has the quality requred of a Celtic player/keeper. If he continued, from what I have seen we would be unlikely to win the league this season.
twisted undies 4 sure.
had 2 many alkypops again - woz tryin 2 do a selfie but fell over ragin & did a self wedgie

Soro the invisible man? Not yet seen him but maybe sometime this season, if not he'll be off.
The longest run out I can remember him having was in pre-season against Hibs. He slotted in straight away and played hard physical football at a very fast pace. Mind you, Luca Connell looked outstanding too if that same game and has not been seen again since. It must be galling for players like them and Turnbull to be ignored when the same favourites are often playing poorly in every match.

The longest run out I can remember him having was in pre-season against Hibs. He slotted in straight away and played hard physical football at a very fast pace. Mind you, Luca Connell looked outstanding too if that same game and has not been seen again since. It must be galling for players like them and Turnbull to be ignored when the same favourites are often playing poorly in every match.
Thanks for that BB. I didn't see the game you are referring too.

Laxalt's performance last night

- 6 dribbles (Milan only competed 9 as a team)
- 6 tackles (game high)
- 4 interceptions (only bettered by Dalot at fullback)
- 85% pass acc (+1KP)
Said after the derby he was our best player. The guy is most definitely class and AC must have thought why the fek they let him go to us. His energy, enthusiasm and no lack of skill are there for everyone to see. Hope it rubs off on his team mates. We play 4-4-2 against the sheep with positive midfielders and it could be a very good day for us and turn that corner that has seemed so far away till last night.

Said after the derby he was our best player. The guy is most definitely class and AC must have thought why the fek they let him go to us. His energy, enthusiasm and no lack of skill are there for everyone to see. Hope it rubs off on his team mates. We play 4-4-2 against the sheep with positive midfielders and it could be a very good day for us and turn that corner that has seemed so far away till last night.
He's definitely a player Stevie. I think this season is going to be a right rollercoaster for us as we lurch from the highest highs to the lowest lows and back again. I guess this is magnified even more given the bizarre circumstances we find our normal life in too. It won't help our blood pressure or livers any though!

I had to make the choice of not posting anything until I calmed down over last night yet again. I know I claimed it was all about the preformance more so than the result last night but I can't do it as the passion does take over before kick off.
To see the line up beforehand sent the blood pressure racing as yet again same midfield 5 and back 3 that was such a failure on Saturday.
Yes we were moving the ball much better but did we really look threatening upon there goal I would still say no. Once Milan could see we didn't offer much threat they were able to play into the game and to strike at our weeknesses that have been there for so long.
Any ball that is whipped into an area between CB and keeper is alarm bells ringing for us as there seems a total lack of communication between them. At this stage I have no idea can Barkas even leave his line to deal with any ball into the box, is his reflexes quick enough for a rooted to the line keeper again I would question but you don't need to be a keeper pulling off top class saves to be a good keeper as good communication is better than anything and yet is still missing.
I have defended duffy but his lack of pace a major concern as how many times did ajer have to bail him out. Went a goal down and went to pieces with it as our passing was again terrible.
Of course the changes were made as I believe lennys job hung by a thread. We were blessed to a much improved preformance when broony was finally taken off. I will hold my hands up and admit I was totally wrong about rogic as I felt we had seen the best of him and had nothing more to offer really, no he can still be our most important creative player.
I don't usually as a rule like to slate our own players but I will when I believe I see a player playing for himself and not the team and for me ntcham is guilty of doing so. I paid special attention to his preformance last night and I will be delighted to get rid of him in January. Only interested in his own game, may have made a few passes that caught the eye but as for working without the ball was none existent, lazy in fact. So selfish in wanting to close down our width as frimpong found out in the 1st half and lax in the 2nd, i will state is it because he wants the star man rating all for himself?
As that is what I can see and a very long way short of doing so, gets the full 90 and Turnbull not getting a look in cause of him. Lazio is a good while ago and believe he is still playing on that glory and not for us imo. For the more it continues the more I want him gone so January can't come quick enough for me. Overall imo signs of improvement without broony on the field, and with the right players in a more attacking formation is definitely the best way for us to be looking at. Problems still exist and need to be sorted still, Broony, ntcham and duffy all in the same team is a not for me.
Big decisions still need to be made for Sunday to get things right, will lenny be able to make them remains to be seen, as he eventually made them last night when chasing a game and still not before the game. Jury still out for me regarding lenny and the real acid test is Sunday as the huge positive is we all know we still have the quality of player to make this a magical season so nothing new last night to anything we didn't already know a huge improvement in the passion that is required and yet changes to get things right from the start.
Sorry for the long post

Back