Celtic V Airdrie Score Predictions

Who is this Airdrie we speak of, for the younger fans. The team the huns put out of business,

10:12, 4 JUN 2013Chairman Jim Ballantyne (SFA hun)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-approve-name-change-airdrie-1930459
AIRDRIE UNITED
AIRDRIE UNITED have changed the name of the club back to Airdrieonians.
After a long campaign by Diamonds fans, clearance has been granted by the SFA to use the name for the first time since 2002.
Chairman Jim Ballantyne said: “When the old company went into liquidation it was in a different football environment and the use of the name was not possible at that time.
“However, recent changes and rulings paved the way for us to make the move.
"It was actually raised at a fans meeting a few months ago but we could not give too much away as there was still much work to be done.
"However with the support of last year's club sponsors. E & A Heating Ltd, we were able to progress matters to a conclusion and formal SFA clearance was finally granted at the recent meeting of the Professional Game Board".
The club has today confirmed that they will also return to their old club crest.
The traditional all-red crest will be the new official badge, with the club also using an alternative black and red version on next season's away kit.

Having been driven into full liquidation in May 2002, Airdrieonians FC became even more famous for being the first Scottish senior club to go out of business since Third Lanark in 1967. The spirit lived on, though, as the town welcomed Airdrie United into being, and saw it win the Bells Challenge Cup in 2008. Thanks to the efforts of owner and chairman Jim Ballantyne, the name Airdrieonians was restored in time for the start of the 2013-14 season. We're at last back to two lions - and a cockerel - on the shirt.

Underlined for clarity club and business in same sentence

Who is this Airdrie we speak of, for the younger fans. The team the huns put out of business,

10:12, 4 JUN 2013Chairman Jim Ballantyne (SFA hun)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-approve-name-change-airdrie-1930459
AIRDRIE UNITED
AIRDRIE UNITED have changed the name of the club back to Airdrieonians.
After a long campaign by Diamonds fans, clearance has been granted by the SFA to use the name for the first time since 2002.
Chairman Jim Ballantyne said: “When the old company went into liquidation it was in a different football environment and the use of the name was not possible at that time.
“However, recent changes and rulings paved the way for us to make the move.
"It was actually raised at a fans meeting a few months ago but we could not give too much away as there was still much work to be done.
"However with the support of last year's club sponsors. E & A Heating Ltd, we were able to progress matters to a conclusion and formal SFA clearance was finally granted at the recent meeting of the Professional Game Board".
The club has today confirmed that they will also return to their old club crest.
The traditional all-red crest will be the new official badge, with the club also using an alternative black and red version on next season's away kit.

Having been driven into full liquidation in May 2002, Airdrieonians FC became even more famous for being the first Scottish senior club to go out of business since Third Lanark in 1967. The spirit lived on, though, as the town welcomed Airdrie United into being, and saw it win the Bells Challenge Cup in 2008. Thanks to the efforts of owner and chairman Jim Ballantyne, the name Airdrieonians was restored in time for the start of the 2013-14 season. We're at last back to two lions - and a cockerel - on the shirt.

Underlined for clarity club and business in same sentence

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxDzWGqWoAAl8JI.jpg

Despite having the good fortune of being born in Coatbridge, I grew up on the wrong side of the Rio Grande (Coatdyke). Albion Rovers were within touching distance, but I found myself living in Airdrie. There are many good Tims living in that town, but a great many of my neighbours were shades of bitter orange..... Huns who did not like to wander far. One such rancid waste of flesh was a real cretin. Just my luck that I see him all too frequently as the fucker now lives in Prague. He can often be seen in full Diamonds regalia........so for this reason alone I would love to see his team crushed!

Last edited:
Back