Celtic v Airdrie

Very stagnent first half by Celtic, Airdrie being stiff and defending in numbers. Ralston and Bain were the only ones in the first half to get pass marks. Really glad Brendan is sticking by big Tony. He was a miss for the Rangers game until he came on and gave us some stability. Can't see Burke being up top in the games to come.

2nd half was totally different. We showed flexibility in the wings. Middle of the park was more industrious. Think Brendan gave them a much needed kick up the back side. Weah has 5/6 gears to burn..thrives on a 1 v 1.

One thing I will say about Sinclair is he scores goals you don't expect him too being a winger. Pops up for a tap in most games. My point of view on Sinky is he has samaras syndrome. Plays when he can be arsed. He can prove me wrong against St Mirren on Wednesday night. But the Gers game is good back up evidence.

Happy with that display in the end! Think we should sell everybody over the age of 21? Hope Ralston is okay. We seem to be energized with the young Bhoys coming on, would have liked to have seen Henderson get a run out but maybe against the buddies on Wed

CELTIC FOR THE TREBLE TREBLE! ?

I saw the first half and it looked quite shabby as Celtic just didn't seem to have the guile to get beyond the bus but glad to see it all turned out well in the end and that Tim scored on his debut, long may it continue.

cobwebs gone,bain has too start,ralston,give him a chance! burke, try him on the left, (though eddy on the left and weah through the middle would my preferred option)weah! hunskelper!!! love wee mikey and great too see big nir back HH

Thought we looked slow and rusty in the first half but improved in the second. Brown played well but the team play better without him. A dilemma for the manager.
Would like to see Burke and Weah either side of Eddy in a front 3.

Members online

Latest posts

Back