Celtic v AZ Alkmaar.

As yet still no broadcaster.
It's an attractive game in front of an almost full house creating a unique atmosphere between what appears to be two well matched sides.

You would think that broadcasters would be tripping over themselves to show such a game so early in the season?

As for the game itself, fitness allowing, I would revert back to Corpus left side and Kyogo playing through the centre again. I'll take either Jamesie or Abada right side and go with the regular midfield three.

Without away goals, these games become a bit of a shootout, so as long as we have one more than Alkmaar (preferably three or four) then at least we go into the return game punching.

I was a little worried about this match, but after watching the highlight video of the RKC Waalwijk - AZ match, I think we will cruise to a 4-1 victory.

Based solely on that 12 minute highlight video, I think we will control the match if we press hard like we did against Hearts (and even the previous few matches to be fair). Some of those AZ guys can't even control the ball on the first touch when they're not even under pressure.

I was a little worried about this match, but after watching the highlight video of the RKC Waalwijk - AZ match, I think we will cruise to a 4-1 victory.

Based solely on that 12 minute highlight video, I think we will control the match if we press hard like we did against Hearts (and even the previous few matches to be fair). Some of those AZ guys can't even control the ball on the first touch when they're not even under pressure.

Experienced Dutch manager Mark Wotte boldly claims Celtic could beat AZ Alkmaar by three goals

“Alkmaar have a lot of young players and I don’t think they are mature enough just yet to beat Celtic. If it was the team of last year going to Parkhead then I think it would be two teams equal in quality. But it is not the case now after Alkmaar sold those players,” he said.

Experienced Dutch manager Mark Wotte boldly claims Celtic could beat AZ Alkmaar by three goals

“Alkmaar have a lot of young players and I don’t think they are mature enough just yet to beat Celtic. If it was the team of last year going to Parkhead then I think it would be two teams equal in quality. But it is not the case now after Alkmaar sold those players,” he said.

The Dutch are tried and tested at playing the old mind games, AG.

Celtic would be naive and foolish to believe that this will be anything but a total feet, hands and teeth fight against strong opposition.

We made that mistake with a Dutch side in 1970. I doubt we'll be prepared to make that same mistake again.

Think it'll be the same starting 11 as the weekend.
Christie out but Abada back according to Ange.
Their best player, Koopenmeiners has travelled after being left out at the weekend but his participation will depend on his move to Atalanta going through. Their Swedish winger Karlsson is suspended. The recognisable names in their team are Bruno Martins Indi (ex Feyenoord, Porto. Stoke CH), Jordy Clasie (ex Feyenoord, Southampton MF) and Ruud Guillit's son Maxim.
Probably getting them at the right time, increasing our chances of progressing, but still a 50/50 on who goes through. Main concern is our (lack of) defence.

Pay no attention to that 💩 bhoys.

Fuckin ticket sites a joke I'm already logged in got a ticket went to pay it asked me to log in again but didnae recognise my email???🤬🤬🤬🤬
Finally got one had to get my wee maw to log into her account she said it only gave her numbers instead of saying wit stand I got can anyone let know how to view seat its 416 row z seat 5 cheers in advance I'm heavy fevered for this game 🤣

Finally got one had to get my wee maw to log into her account she said it only gave her numbers instead of saying wit stand I got can anyone let know how to view seat its 416 row z seat 5 cheers in advance I'm heavy fevered for this game 🤣
Yeah, well wear a mask and don't pass any o' that fever on to your fellow Tims, Cairnsy

And God bless the wee maws o' the world too

Back