Celtic v Bayer Leverkusen - Thursday 30 September, kick-off 8pm - all comments here

The jokers have their say

From the guy who left nothing for the new guy to work with, which meant trying to build a team around the ones he thinks can produce for him and having to recruit players who have to adapt to a new setup whilst the league is up and running, speaks out about players attitudes. Fuck off and you as well Lambert fucking failure at management at all your clubs and have nothing, but negativity to offer.
You're fucking right the game and players has changed Lenny and you Lambert, thats why both of you failed players don't respond well to nights out on pints and pizza then training, we are not a fucking pub team, fuck off we owe you both fuck all, take whats left of your status before it's fucked completely

These guys are paid to comment on the game and much of what they say is correct in normal times.
But given the platform they should have aimed both barrels at the disaster this board has presided over and the fact the manager could and should have been in since last November. We could have hit the ground running this season but instead they dithered when everyone else could see Lennon was done. Then they took 4/5 months to appoint a new manager. I’d have had more respect for them if that was the line they took.
instead they decide to savage a team that’s hardly played 10 games together through injury. As football men they should know where we are and fir me it was cheap shots

Not getting the point your trying to make virgoYou suggested in the post I replied to....."Out of curiosity Stg, I find it strange how you can defend the system of play we have adopted when it has handed up as many chances to the opposition that is costing us so badly with the goals conceded."
If you look at the table, we are no worse, and I would suggest better off as the table shows in the GA columns

I think Slippy will be gone before Ange .... Slippy gone by March
Aye there's something going on wi him.....He is not the same man as last season....been moaning aboot not getting cash for players etc.....I think he is beginning to see the real 'rangers'....The debt, the racism, and all that goes with it......So Vigobhoy I think your spot on.....would actually be surprised if he lasts until March......and I think he will go withoot taking on another managers job.....He will wait till the right job comes along.....but not at the ragers.....

ma tuppence worth

Every teams dropped points this season some would have dropped more than others if they hadn't had help , with all things considered we haven't got off to a flyer but we appointed a manager far to late ,the same goes for the players some in days before we kicked a ball

Throw in the international crap ,players returning back late for what little pre-season we had ,,,,,were we not expecting to much from a guy who has never coached in europe ?

were 7 games into the league ,it's never won or lost in sept/oct,

With the international crap break coming up again he would do well to ,,,,,, ffs get his own coaches in people he has worked with and can trust ,,,,not the crap foisted upon him there lies the problem

said right from the off one man can't be expected to coach his ideas across to 30 players and expect everyone to take it in

He also needs to stick with a backline that works not keep chopping and changing

Right now it looks as though he dosen't have the quality of player to play his style of football

or is it ,he has 3 coaches that can't get his coaching across

wasn't on the Ange bus at the beggining but can see what he's trying to do but unless he gets his own guys in i can't see him lasting as the entitled don't have the patience

Folk need to direct there anger towards the board and lennon they led us to this mess
No anger from me Kelly. Said from day one it'll take time to get us back on track. As for the coaching situation, with respect, I feel you're doin' Ange a disservice. I believe it's ENTIRELY down to himself whether there's a change in coaches or not. I have no idea which way he will choose, stick or twist. Either way he will have my support.

For the greater good , we should afford a manager time to build something special from the ground up...sure we might have a couple of lean years but the benefits will be worth it in the long run
Ofcourse mate but i cant see the majority of fans being patient enough for that.

Ofcourse mate but i cant see the majority of fans being patient enough for that.
I'll never settle for playing second fiddle to sevco scum (SS) Tony, especially when there as shite as they are, last season was bad enough, and admit I haven't the patience to put up with another season of it either.

I'll never settle for playing second fiddle to sevco scum (SS) Tony, especially when there as shite as they are, last season was bad enough, and admit I haven't the patience to put up with another season of it either.

Sometimes you just gotta take a step back...we can't expect to be brilliant and win everytime

Sometimes you just gotta take a step back...we can't expect to be brilliant and win everytime
Not expecting brillance Docco, but a bit of consistency wouldn't go a miss either.
Our general play hasn't been to bad overall, but need to start getting consistency into our play to improve upon the results within the league, which still remains our main priority imo.

Not expecting brillance Docco, but a bit of consistency wouldn't go a miss either.
Our general play hasn't been to bad overall, but need to start getting consistency into our play to improve upon the results within the league, which still remains our main priority imo.

Winning nearly every trophy these past 10 years is pretty consistent I'd say....we need a lot of work to get back to a higher level again and this work has to start at our very foundations

Winning nearly every trophy these past 10 years is pretty consistent I'd say....we need a lot of work to get back to a higher level again and this work has to start at our very foundations
Winning nothing last season and not even being able to challenge in anything either calls upon a big response regardless.
Still say that a decent foundation has been laid already and time to start building upon it now Docco.

Aye there's something going on wi him.....He is not the same man as last season....been moaning aboot not getting cash for players etc.....I think he is beginning to see the real 'rangers'....The debt, the racism, and all that goes with it......So Vigobhoy I think your spot on.....would actually be surprised if he lasts until March......and I think he will go withoot taking on another managers job.....He will wait till the right job comes along.....but not at the ragers.....
Been saying the same thing since July that we would win the league by between 5 and 8 points and that Skippy would be gone before March. My opinion has not changed since then.

And yet mate we have some clowns out there looking to have the BOSS sacked after 3 months.
substitute the word clowns for huns and your bang on mate, he arrived late, due to the board chasing someone who didn’t want to come, only had ONE transfer window, probably only The Japanese fellow was his signing , as you said only been here 3 months, the team Lennon/lawwell left was a shambles, with want away players not trying and players well past their best, make no mistake the size of the rebuilding job ange has on his hands, the signs are good, I’m positive we’ll win the league this year, the cracks are beginning to appear over at castle greyskull, with slippy now openly criticising the board for a lack of investment, all his “stars” have a price tag on them,….and that price is falling on a daily basis the more DESPERATE they’re getting to get cash in……ANY offer will be accepted for any of them, problem is NO ONE WANTS the pound shop galactico’s

This situation that ange finds himself in seems to be very familiar to him.
Like most people on here, I knew nothin about the man before he appeared on our radar, but from what I have read about him since, it seems he has been doubted in just about every job he's had in coaching.
Yet time and again he has proved the doubters wrong.
Give the man a fuckin chance for jaysus sake.
He inherited a fuckin mess from the board and Lennon. I have no doubt he will turn this around and not only that he will blow any opposition away in the process.
What ever happened to "keep the faith" and "faithful through and through".
Seems them sayings only apply when we're winning everything!

Last edited:
This situation that anger finds himself in seems to be very familiar to him.
Like most people on here, I knew nothin about the man before he appeared on our radar, but from what I have read about him since, it seems he has been doubted in just about every job he's had in coaching.
Yet time and again he has proved the doubters wrong.
Give the man a fuckin chance for jaysus sake.
He inherited a fuckin mess from the board and Lennon. I have no doubt he will turn this around and not only that he will blow any opposition away in the process.
What ever happened to "keep the faith" and "faithful through and through".
Seems them sayings only apply when we're winning everything!
The same people who espouse the manager needs time have decided a quarter of a season is enough time for them.
Plus we have now have an abundance of diet Pedros moving kestrel super cans about rewriting anges system.
strangely I happen to be at my caravan and I can hear dogs barking outside
Eerie

Back