Celtic V Bodo/Glimt

Well here's the thing ...I actually thought he was a Hun troll... nothing to do with intelligence or stooping to decpicable levels...read two of his comments and they sounded rather hunnish to myself..you see there's over 3000 members on this forum now so it's pretty hard to keep track of genuine member s and reprobate trolls...but judging by the comments of other fellow noisers I've made a rather rash judgement of a fellow noiser and for that I am deeply sorry....but I do stick by my opinion ..saying that it was a disgusting performance by the team tonight is a pretty disgusting thing to say from a Celtic supporter...but that's just my opinion of course
We’ve all done it …
Ok I haven’t but it’s been said
Apology given
Time fir the tumbleweed and moving on

Spot on Frank ....don't expect progression in Europe but might actually work for this seasons objectives which have already been exceeded. Winning the League for me would be exceptional. Still feels like a long way off and a seriously tough challenge.
It's a tough challenge and its always been my main ambition for the club to win the league above any other tournament this season.
Playing in Europe can have different outcomes for clubs .
The domestic confidence and momentum we have gained domestically cannot be lost. They will be on a high from the greatest European result in their history and have a tough away tie to utd on Sunday. Hope utd are right up for that and test their energy levels.
You could suggest that having 1 tie in Europe vs them having possibly 3 would help us from fixture congestion to injuries domestically and with so few games left now theyd have postponements allowing us the chance to get points on the board and a gap.
You could also suggest that the more successful you are the more assured and confident you become due to mixing it at a higher level with the big clubs. History this century would suggest the former to be more likely as Celtics run to Seville saw us end the season trophy less incredibly.
I'm sure that was also the case for oldco's run to riots in Manchester they also finished the season trophy less.
Either way it's a once in a generation or lifetime even achievement for bodo/glimt telly said that the population would fit inside CP. Incredible really and I dont feel the way I did after neuchatel xamax or legia Warsaw etc because of what they had already achieved against Roma.
Still gutted though I'd day this ,
Dortmund need a 2nil win at ibrox and I'm sure most will agree that they are capable of doing that and progressing.
I think that if we field the right starting XI without experimenting with the personnel we are just as capable of doing the same HH

Last edited:
The Difference last night was how each team balanced the defending of attacking play, we defended by using the press to hold them, they defended with numbers and attacked fast when they played out from their defense, we are naïve when it comes to defending from opposition using the flanks and never seem to be in the right positions, we saw that they had plenty back assisting the back 4 when we attacked and they stayed composed when coming out.

we are a team in progress still, lessons to learned, Rogic and O,Riley dont seem to work so one of them should be dropped for Hatate as we missed him in the middle, not only for his forward play but his back tracking is superb, also Meade doesn't lead the line well, makes the right moves but has no real composure.

anyway, could be blessing in disguise, the huns go through and we put them under pressure for a couple of games.

The League is the golden ticket not the conference.

Hail Hail

It's on a par with the glorious results we achieved against Cluj, Aek Athens and Sparta Prague's reserve team in recent years.

We have gone from a club that was beating Europe's best ( at home anyway ) in the Champions League to tonight's, Bobo Glimpse fargo of nonsense.

It's not good enough.
We turned things around in the latter stages of the Europa League. Let us keep that notion front and centre.
As I am based in Prague, our two results against Sparta were particularly sore. My high school students are aware that I always keep one eye on Celtic. Last week they were even chanting Huns tunes in the school hall in an attempt to wind me up (they were given a shitty homework assignment as a reward!)
We have to understand that we have come a long way under Ange. The Bodø/Glimpt Bee-Gees were falling over and the ref allowed them to interrupt the flow of the game in a manner that reminded me of the final in Seville. Ange will respond to that, he will have the team set up in a different order next time.
We may progress (we still have a chance), but our expectations have been modified and if we fall at this hurdle then we will concentrate even more on lifting the league title.

You deserve a wee shout out Frank (sorry for embarrassing you probably the last thing you need) but you're a great addition to the Noise mate, wise, balanced, honest, respected by everyone, one could say the opposite of STG, Docco or me! Anyway respect to you brother.
I'm such a nice drunk, the rest of you reprobates could learn from me 🙄
Thanks very much for your kind words Hoopy. I think The Noise as a whole is the place to be. We have many fine contributors, all very much worthy of our time and attention. Have to say though....you're at your best when you're pissed !

I thought we maybe missed Nir Bitton in that Midfield defensive role just to stick a leg in now and then to break down their attack.
Stats wise we domunated the game and they only had 4 shots on goal.

As I said earlier their keeper is out for the second leg so thay might change it a bit as he had a good game.

Still all to play for we've scored against better teams than this and there is no pressure now for the away leg.

Might be a blessing in disguise. As supporters, including myself, riding the wave we have been on has been great but maybe we were all getting ahead of ourselves.
Lets win on Sunday and deal with whatever next Thursday gives us.
Always a Celt
HH

We won't play as bad as that again, right from the start the team looked imbalanced with both rogic and oriley similar players, also not one got pass marks as the whole team was off it, its happened a couple off games already this season, stmirren away, Ross County away Dundee utd home Aberdeen away second half, we got away with it, but against a better side tonight we were found out, I wont slag any the players for were we are now is even more than I could have imagined at the start off the season, what I will say is we won't all play as bad at the same time, we get the first goal it's still game on, if we win we win, if not it won't be the end off the world cos hopefully if we go out the, huns will progress, giving them more hard games than us with less time to recover, this could be massive in the run in, anyway Mon the hoops

I think Ange was caught out last night. His 'system' was not good enough last night. We met a team who played a better version of the same or similar system whilst still being in pre season training. What concerned me most was what went on at half time. Ange did not seem to know what to do to rectify wat was obvious on the park in the first half. By the way I still love him to bits. Just a bit frustrated by the obvious

Another European night that has left me in a state of shock, as I really didn't see that coming our way.
It was like watching a rerun of some of the horror movies we saw last season.
We were so poor with the use of the ball and even worse without it.
Tactically, still don't understand why we opted for a 4231 and we looked so uncomfortable from the off, and no better when we changed to the 442 after 70 minutes.
A game plan seemed non existent, to the degree that we looked like a team that wasn't even interested in this competition as such.
The mark of a good team is how they respond to such a poor performance, and we have placed a lot of extra and unwanted pressure upon ourselves now after last night.
A very poor performance last night, even with the warning signs beforehand, I will like to think is nothing but a dip in form at the moment.
It's all about the response now and we need that big time on Sunday.
Showed enough character this season so far this season, to put last night down to a blip on our copybook and one that needs to be forgotten about very quickly.
We can't allow one very poor performance to define our whole season still as we have still got way to much to play for still.

Another European night that has left me in a state of shock, as I really didn't see that coming our way.
It was like watching a rerun of some of the horror movies we saw last season.
We were so poor with the use of the ball and even worse without it.
Tactically, still don't understand why we opted for a 4231 and we looked so uncomfortable from the off, and no better when we changed to the 442 after 70 minutes.
A game plan seemed non existent, to the degree that we looked like a team that wasn't even interested in this competition as such.
The mark of a good team is how they respond to such a poor performance, and we have placed a lot of extra and unwanted pressure upon ourselves now after last night.
A very poor performance last night, even with the warning signs beforehand, I will like to think is nothing but a dip in form at the moment.
It's all about the response now and we need that big time on Sunday.
Showed enough character this season so far this season, to put last night down to a blip on our copybook and one that needs to be forgotten about very quickly.
We can't allow one very poor performance to define our whole season still as we have still got way to much to play for still.
I wouldn't be too annoyed John. This team destroyed Roma. They seem to have a good manager. They were very well organised and at no stage panicked.
I would also rather to be taught lessons like this in Europe rather than the more important league.
I thought our weak link was greg taylor, but would scales have been any better? Juranovic wasn't great either. He was caught sleeping for their second goal. The third goal calmac was caught out and didn't pick up the spare man. The reality is that none of them covered themselves in glory and I'm sure they don't need us to tell them that.
The difference in this year and last year is, we were being taken apart by the lesser teams of the spfl. Major improvements have been made and as the bigman said last week, the team are nowhere near his expectations.
The world keeps turning. On to the next one.

That team had 6 weeks to study us, prep for us and be ready for us...I'd imagine we only properly started fully focusing on this game was Monday morning.....I know it's an excuse but a perfectly valid one ....it will be a much different game over there...I can guarantee that

Members online

Latest posts

Back