Celtic v CFR Cluj - Paradise, Tuesday 13 August - all comments here

All said and done,this club will not go into debt,? The huns are massively in debt,but they don’t care ,all the clubs are going into debt,to progress,we have bought players and they are not playing them,Lennon’s choice, we have some fine players here, played in wrong positions,hh

No excuse for a club our size to be playing bhoys out of position. Agreed ??

That's why it was a disastrous decision Maria, if we can all see that's a mistake then why can't Lenny?

Just for the record (before anyone tries to claim I'm hating on Lenny because he wasn't my shout for the job) I'm not turning on Lenny he still has my support but that decision HAS to be called out because it was tactical suicide, a ridiculous call to make!

HH pal(y)

Defo man. I think Lenny was the right choice within the context, but we have to be critical of this stuff; otherwise, we're just fucking drones with nothing to say. Lenny got team selection wrong tonight. Managers make mistakes. Hopefully he learns from it and makes all the necessary adjustments.

It certainly didn't shape up as a back 4 either SP because Calmac looked caught between LB and LW for most of the 90 from what I could see and turned out to be neither, looked like he didn't know which position he was supposed to be playing which is probably why I assumed it was a back 3.

I refuse to blame Calmac for his display tonight because it was the manager's call to play him there and it was a disastrous decision because it messed with the whole shape of the team and how we usually set up, caused nothing but confusion.

HH mate(y)
We've kicked a ball or two in our time, Andy, and most of us have got an idea about the game. Calmac's a footballer, but he was a rabbit in the headlights over there, he didn't pick the right starting positions when the ball was being switched and to be fair, I don't expect him to. He's our metronome and he was thrown into no-man's land tonight.

I think he had a poor game based on other factors though (like his general distribution and getting caught wrong side time and time again), like your good self, I don't blame him for that, but we're not Holland of the '70's and we've certainly not mastered the art of total football.

Lenny obviously wanted a formation that could shift from a four to three to four again depending on how the game was panning out, but it still requires the players to play percentage football and get that wee roond fucker as far away from the pokey as possible.

Confusion is the key word there, mate.......there didn't seem to be too many on the pitch that had a scooby-doo what to do, especially when we took the lead?

They actually scored another two but they Broonies hand ball changes the course of the game. They wouldn't have scored again as we were in the ascendancy and dominating the game.
Well thats crystal ball shit. Sorry pal but you can’t say that as fact.

I here Lennon say his spending on new transfers could be curtailed by tonight’s loss!!
He better be fuckin joking cause that team won’t win the league!! We need a Gk a couple of full backs a CDM and another first team striker.. and we need them before the 1st September, this is the most important game against the scum in years and will go some way towards winning the title, early an all as it is a marker needs to be laid down...HH

Defo man. I think Lenny was the right choice within the context, but we have to be critical of this stuff; otherwise, we're just fucking drones with nothing to say. Lenny got team selection wrong tonight. Managers make mistakes. Hopefully he learns from it and makes all the necessary adjustments.

Spot on mate. It's a costly mistake but he's far from the only one who should be carrying the can for tonight. From boardroom to dressing room there are people who need to have a right good look at themselves. Crazy thing about tonight is we looked fucking awesome in attack and looked like fucking amateurs at the back :LOL:

We are very low level for Europe
We need a better manager, few signings and few replacements.
There are no justifications if you can't see that.
We are pumped by Cluj.The downfall is written long time ago.This is no joke, this is reality.

It's not crystal ball saying that the penalty changed the course of the game. I did watch the game and at that stage we were dominant.

Pedantic. You said we would have won because we were in the ascendency.

Thats crystal ball shit coz its not fact.

Can’t tell the future

Members online

Latest posts

Back