Celtic v CFR Cluj - Paradise, Tuesday 13 August - all comments here

Share your concerns not just for this game but going forward,this lot tonight are not not going to roll over as we seen in first game they have a goal in them, we need to peg them back from the whistle and not make silly mistakes at the back

The only worry, as always, is our defence. Seems we have a blind spot when it comes to that area of our team. It’s infuriating for me that even after 3 years we still fuck about with cheap options who aren’t good enough for where we need to be to make the defence as strong as the rest of the team. Criminal negligence.

Édit. I meant to say we will still do this mob. 4.0 it’s the next round I’m most worried about if we don’t buy good defenders.

Think the Cludgies will come out swinging n hacking. They very fast on the break but if the miracle of miracles can happen n our full backs can use proper positioning and common sense, we could blow these guys away.
But, this being Celtic n our natural euro reaction is to turn into schoolbhoys and throw suicidal balls into our own box, if we can stand tall at the back we should sent these guys back under their castles with Count Duckula, nanny n Igor
With our usual gift of a goal for the opposition, going for 3-1 to the historic Celts, Jamsie, Eddy n Christie then hopefully we get sum guys in to fill the holes n a much sterner test against Prague.
Gerrintae'em Celtic TAL ?

CELTIC exited the Champions League at this stage last season against a bang average AEK Athens side after a 1-1 draw in the first leg. But that was at home, Celtic was in disarray behind the scenes and this spilled onto the park and into the media throughout that awful August last year. Things are different now, Celtic are free-scoring and there is a real feel good factor about the players which will be evident tomorrow night. The crowd can play it's part to roar the side on. Neil Lennon enjoys the challenge of playing in the Champions League and unlike Rodgers he's got a pretty decent record.

Expect Jozo and Elhamed to be back in the side along with Mikey Johnston and of course Odsonne Edouard and Ryan Christie.

After being at fault for Motherwell's opener Scott Bain will be sweating as he awaits the team selection - Neil Lennon has said he wants to play the keeper who is best at keeping the ball out of the net and that could mean Craig Gordon gets the nod. If he gets a reprieve Bain must know that he's due a shut out and a decent performance.

Team likely to look like this

Bain (if he's lucky)

Elhamed Ajer Simonuvic Bolingoli

Brown McGregor Christie

Forrest Edouard Johnston

Expect Celtic to win by a few goals. COYBIG

Celtic TV are showing the match live to all subscribers ie around the world and in Britain and Ireland - so that indicates that the tickets are selling out. Going to be a special night, see you there!

All comments here please...
I'll go for 3-1 Given that our players can reach a higher level to quote petrescu. Mind games a waste of time and list on lenny Dan but he's right about our higher level especially at CP HH COYBIG

Members online

Back