Celtic v CFR Cluj - Paradise, Tuesday 13 August - all comments here

Och its brutal, nights like this, in more ways than one but We Have A Future to eradicate early departures from competition over time.

Some manky under privileged cunts don’t have any future.... nor much of a past come to think of it.

HH ☘️
cheeky, but true. No doubt they will score hundreds of goals this season, due to their quality forwards, wingers, midfieldere. oh forgot appointed officials. was he not there last night atrouish referring.

That we do mate that we do. That’s why we’re faithful through and through.
Don’t like the blonde wig. After tonight An Angry Redhead ?‍? would be better ggggrrrrr
Mon the Hoops. HH

HH ?

Hey i’m fkn blonde ???

cheeky, but true. No doubt they will score hundreds of goals this season, due to their quality forwards, wingers, midfieldere. oh forgot appointed officials. was he not there last night atrouish referring.

The officials are their 16th man.

They love a heavy stack eh?

Still they’ll get skulldragged

What I meant was that tonight was the most ruthless and most clinical we've looked in attack for a long long time while at the same time looking so breathtakingly inept at the back. 100% agree with the need for another defensive/enforcer type primarilymidfielder Jim, said this exact thing for this exact reason on one of the threads last night (possibly this thread).

As for Bain I do like him but he was suspect for last week's goal (Cluj) was suspect at the weekend with Motherwell's 1st and he was again tonight which is worrying.

HH mate (y)

Agree some of the attacking play at speed is faster and more skilled than even the peaks of BR, so it can be fixed quite easily for the league, but we are no longer miles ahead of the sevco tramp and need to be concerned.
PL needs to now accept he is not the special one or forced to change his limited visions, then we can move ahead. Concerned if he is allowed to carry on as in the several last windows, very concerned going by last.

Lenny is not the best, lots to learn still but potentially more than good enough for the league at least.
Bain?, never convinced myself, agree with Sutton comments last season not getting carried away with hype, he has still to prove it. I don't think he is physically big enough to be top class and Celtics number 1.

Agree some of the attacking play at speed is faster and more skilled than even the peaks of BR, so it can be fixed quite easily for the league, but we are no longer miles ahead of the sevco tramp and need to be concerned, if PL is either changed or forced to change his limited visions we can move ahead. Concerned if he is allowed to carry on as several last windows, very concerned going by last.

Lenny is not the best, lots to learn still but potentially more than good enough for the league at least.
Bain?, never convinced myself, agree with Sutton comments last season not getting carried away with hype, he has still to prove it. I don't think he is physically big enough to be top class and Celtics number 1.

Can’t agree about Bain. Not so good in europe check but at home he more than often keeps a clean sheet. Can’t be too harsh.

Lenny got it wrong tonight why? I have no clue but he is a good manager and i’m routing for him to sort it out.

Everyone has an off day now n again and i’m hoping that was his.

Agree some of the attacking play at speed is faster and more skilled than even the peaks of BR, so it can be fixed quite easily for the league, but we are no longer miles ahead of the sevco tramp and need to be concerned, if PL is either changed or forced to change his limited visions we can move ahead. Concerned if he is allowed to carry on as several last windows, very concerned going by last.

There were certain days when you looked at big Packie in his prime and you thought to yourself "nothing's getting past him today". That also happened periodically with Artur and Forster.

I don't get that sense of security with Scotty, Jim......I always feel that (in spite of his record last season) that he's always likely to spill one in.

I don't think you have to be a 6'7" monster, but you have to have some physical presence and also psychologically "fill the goal".

What is the problem, we seen what happened in
romainia. We knew they were a good team. when I looked at team selection, I was confused. what was formation etc. as before build team. next year!! yeehaa

Cluj Champions of Romania,very experienced CL campaigners,dirty at the right times and in the right places all calculated to disrupt the flow of the game.but most surprisingly ( To us ) changed from their default tactical system of sit deep and hit on the counter to coming out and going for Celtics throat which we did not expect and as a result we did not cope with their tactics at all 1st half
Ref. Inconsistent as I've ever seen at this level or effin rotten ( take yer pick )
Celtic. IMO Hayes at left back was our best performer in Valencia last year so even if you dont trust Boli WTF was Calum doing at left back ? !0 minutes in its obvious this is not Mikeys game but we wait till the hour mark to change it.Hayes on from start ,Calum left mid Eddie out left.Griff in the middle Jamesie on bench and play a solid 4-4-2 till we suss the opposition out. I,m not a manager but honest to God we're 10 minutes in and I want the subs brought on because I could feel their goal coming ( Ah know Hayes wisnae on the bench but he shoulda been :(:(:(:(

There were certain days when you looked at big Packie in his prime and you thought to yourself "nothing's getting past him today". That also happened periodically with Artur and Forster.

I don't get that sense of security with Scotty, Jim......I always feel that (in spite of his record last season) that he's always likely to spill one in.

I don't think you have to be a 6'7" monster, but you have to have some physical presence and also psychologically "fill the goal".

Holy goalie my favourite. Fkn rebel. Magic

Back