Celtic v CFR Cluj - Paradise, Tuesday 13 August - all comments here

Ray i was delighted that Lenny got the gig, and was pretty vocal about it,hope it disnae come back and steal's ma Stella's!,that shambles tonight frightened the shite out of me!
I know what you mean Michael,,ok you wanted him ,fine,that’s your choice ,and also more on here are prob the same ,but am going to disagree with you ,they way his hibs exit was orchestrated stinks to high heaven ,!Rodgers exit was known well before that ,so someone had to come in quickly ,there where names branded about ,but was there any legitimate moves made ,and interviews made,no,! Never was ,as he was always the boards choice from the start,and to make the decision minutes after the final says it all, tell you would have preferred Moyes! He had big premier league experience,with Everton,Man U , ok went wrong ,but was he given a chance,went toSpain ,even beat Barca ,at there own ground , he is only one name ,but there where others available am sure ,I realise all these post on here after last night ,may be a bit emotional,only to be expected ,but the result was un-expected,we had this in our hands,? We have brought in players ,where the feck where they ,everyone is shouting for signings ,why ,?.the way things are going Lennon won’t bloody use them ,what is the point ?last night was purely down to him ,and him alone ,sorry for saying this ,have read loads on Kerrydale St, boy they don’t miss,we have about 4 games before the crumbledome,if we carry on like this god ,don’t want to think about it ,hh

When you watch a game of football and it's blindingly obvious where the problems lie with your team of choice, doesn't it make you wonder why the so called professionals cant see what you can see as a layman ?
Last season sevco bullied us twice at Ibrox. We have a good midfield but it can be physically dominated by a lesser talented team. Our defence has been inept for years , with the deficiencies obvious to most fans. What has been done about it ? Next to fuck all. And when we sign a £7m centre half we don't play him.
Some of Lennon's choices have been bizarre. For example, on Saturday we were 5-1 up with both Shved and Bayo on the bench and he brings on Sinclair. What was the point of that when these two guys are crying out for game time ?
Fucking love Lenny too but fuck sake mate open your eyes and address the problems.
The line up was insane from the 1st whistle calmac at left back to accommodate ntcham who really for his cheek and lack of apology to the fans apart from being shit anyway shouldn't be starting that game. Our back line that played in Romania would have done the job. Calmac we know thanks to BR is completely wasted as a lb in a Celtic jersey.

IMHO last night was caused by Neil trying to accommodate Ollie, now Ollie was one of our better players last night, but he has thrown a strop had a chat with Neil and been given the assurance he needed to stay a while longer, fair enough.

Now young Ryan has been immense this season so far and was a guaranteed starter, so has Calmac, Neil again IMHO couldn't drop either to accommodate Ollie, and dropping Broonie was never happening, so the answer, drop Boli and shift Calmac to left back. A decision that upset the flow midfield to front as neither Ryan or Ollie showed much for the ball when the defence had it.

So IMHO playing Calmac at left back cost at least 2 goals and disrupted the midfield, thats not Cals fault thats the managements for not having the bottle to drop one of 4 players and instead leaving out Boli.

I'm also left wondering how Neil can go and ask Peter for the KT money now when he aint using the players we have already bought.

H. H

The line up was insane from the 1st whistle calmac at left back to accommodate ntcham who really for his cheek and lack of apology to the fans apart from being shit anyway shouldn't be starting that game. Our back line that played in Romania would have done the job. Calmac we know thanks to BR is completely wasted as a lb in a Celtic jersey.
Beat me to it Winter ?

Micheal,was that the after match interview.?read a bit about it ,not sure what was said ,but seemed to be the case as you said ! Hh
Aye lennys post match interview practically threw the players under the bus. Players not doing the simple things etc and worse but we never play calmac as lb , why when we just bought one for 3 million? Jullien boli shved no none of them for a home game? It's why they are here. Also even I can tell you cluj will put the ball wide and whip in crosses into the box every opportunity . How does incorporating ntcham into the side negate this? Wrong decisions a plenty cost us ntcham a wasted jersey. Can only play when those around him do well. Broony was left hopelessly exposed by that choice left without calmac to help him meant he'd too much to do too much of the time. Some real headscratchers last night everyone is now behind lenny but his was the worst performance of night with ntcham. At 2-1 or 3-2 calmac should have replaced ntcham into midfield with boli replacing ntcham on the field. Lenny it seems tried to be too clever with petrescu when there was no need for it , the players wouldve done the job themselves.

IMHO last night was caused by Neil trying to accommodate Ollie, now Ollie was one of our better players last night, but he has thrown a strop had a chat with Neil and been given the assurance he needed to stay a while longer, fair enough.

Now young Ryan has been immense this season so far and was a guaranteed starter, so has Calmac, Neil again IMHO couldn't drop either to accommodate Ollie, and dropping Broonie was never happening, so the answer, drop Boli and shift Calmac to left back. A decision that upset the flow midfield to front as neither Ryan or Ollie showed much for the ball when the defence had it.

So IMHO playing Calmac at left back cost at least 2 goals and disrupted the midfield, thats not Cals fault thats the managements for not having the bottle to drop one of 4 players and instead leaving out Boli.

I'm also left wondering how Neil can go and ask Peter for the KT money now when he aint using the players we have already bought.

H. H
Your last paragraph summed it up ,the players brought in this window are not being used !WHY ,what the feck is Lennon up to,?what would be the point of spending more on players to sit on their hole on the bench ,ach ,makes me angry ,may have to take a good few hours away from here to calm down,hh

H. H
I'd agree with you on all that 50 perhaps with the exception of ntcham I thought he went missing too often and was wasteful in possession at times Christie I thought played a decent enough game. That's all I would see different. HH

Our recruitment has been yet another £60m down the fucking drain shambles. One new player started. One. Our shambikuc Defence was without the £8m CB we bought. The LB, come, I’ve never seen a baw, whit dae ye dae way it? Gets left out for a guy who canny spell left back. Do the math Boli lovers.

Bain? Brown? No words needed.

First half as per, shat it.

Second half so much better. Great goals. But, our fucking defending, yet a fuckingain does us.

Fucking pathetic, as our club have bought three defenders, one looks worth the money, one the jury is perplexed as they just watched his YouTube clips, the other looks like he is impersonating the guy he killed who was a great footballer, and used to play for Rapide. Dye your hair youre in.

I can’t believe we, and in we, I obviously mean that tight-fisted, cheapskate, dithering, shitebag is still in charge.

Until he leaves, we will continue to decline. If anybody still doubts that, then I pity the fool.

Do we want to be the richest team in Scotland or the weakest,that is the question the board must ask themselves, no I am not one just to throw money at a problem in the hope of curing it but at the same time it's no secret that our defence requires investment,plenty of rumours saying which players Celtic are looking at but no action to get them,being careful is one thing but to keep lowering our ambitions until we find a player who we can get at a price the board will pay regardless of what he brings to the team is ridiculous we need a new defence now not when the January sales come round ,we need action not rumours,we need to attract players to the club it's no use having millions in the bank if you are not going to spend it we got a 100 percent return on KT it time to use it

This could have been avoided by leaving ntcham on the bench. And by playing the team in a way they're accustomed to. Lenny caught up in trying to outhink petrescu when he'd already won that battle in Romania was unnecessary. The change at lb there was no need for, even a back 3 wouldve pushed home our advantage.

Like most on here i think Lenny fucked it up. Calmac at LB after the shambles last time at ibrokes? Not playing the guys we supposedly signed to help us on the big stage? He's having a fucking laugh laying the blame on the players. The buck stops with him.
HH?
Apparently not after the post-match interviews, Stevie.

I hope Lenny takes a long hard look at the DVD and realises that he's not the tactical heavyweight he might think he is.

He still has my backing, but I think that he needs a solid deputy to rein him in when he gets high-fallutin ideas about his management skills. John Kennedy and Damian Duff seem to be solid citizens, but they are not the lads you would necessarily back to be the type of top-quality coaches that a club like Celtic needs. I also don't think they have the presence to put up any resistance to Lenny when he does his Guardiola impersonation.

A few empty jerseys last night added to a half-cocked gameplan multiplied by a lack of reasonable investment equals a catastrophic failure to launch.

Come Friday, Lenny is going to have to suck it up at the presser and issue an apology to his players and the supporters. He wasn't the only person to blame, but be has to take his fair share of responsibility.

Watching back at highlights from last night. The goals we lost were shambolic.
1st - The team collectively fall asleep to a quick throw in. Brown fails to stop the cross, Lustig was slaughtered for similar v AEK last season, and McGregor let the forward run across him. Not his fault, he’s not a left back.
2nd - Brainfart from the captain.
3rd - Brown lets the midfield runner get beyond him, Bain should have done better with shot (which may not have been on target had he left it). Elhamed sleeping and let’s forward run on to rebound unchallenged.
4th - a punt over the top, 5 or 6 statues watch their player run onto the ball

A tactical disaster from the manager. McGregor is so important to how we play. He sets the tempo, he keeps the ball moving in midfield, he takes the ball under pressure and rarely loses it.
Would Guardiola ever have moved Xavi to left back for a must win CL game?

Like most on here i think Lenny fucked it up. Calmac at LB after the shambles last time at ibrokes? Not playing the guys we supposedly signed to help us on the big stage? He's having a fucking laugh laying the blame on the players. The buck stops with him.
HH?
Yes it does ,feckin big style ,if he can’t see the bleedin obvious then time to move on ,,should never have been engaged, from a moment of great triumph,record treble treble,winners,to complete deflation within hours of the final,beggars belief,hh

Back