Celtic v CFR Cluj - Paradise, Tuesday 13 August - all comments here

???????
know how you feel, this has totally messed up our season re: signing players getting rid of players.

It actually hasn't, Falcov60, and anyone panicking right now needs to check in with reality.

We lost our spot in the UEFA Champions League. That happens. As unfortunate as that is, it's time to get up off the mat and concentrate on the league and 9 in a row.

Can you throw it to me? I could use one, as I just lost mine.
you poss know our Americans on sentinels. me Mario
It actually hasn't, Falcov60, and anyone panicking right now needs to check in with reality.

We lost our spot in the UEFA Champions League. That happens. As unfortunate as that is, it's time to get up off the mat and concentrate on the league and 9 in a row.
totally agree, but we have to have a plan to progress beyond that. It's not nine in a row that's been done. big ocean more fish, big horizons, out of the box. don't be inside box. kick on. We need new board leadership, up to date.not dissing Lawell (old school, done us well.) time for a change.

Well its Clusterfuck +2 days and the rage I and indeed, all of us felt after possibly the worst tactical approach to a vital game for many a year, has been joined with a feeling of being on a rudderless ship.

The enormity of the misjudgment by Lenny. The failure to get quality, even after spending £10m with another minimum of £6-7m in wages for both of them, is truly mind blowing incompetence.

Anybody who ever bothers to read my posts, will have noticed I don’t do sentimentality, or give people a bye because they happen to be good Tim’s. Even legends. It makes me nauseous when people overlook glaring weaknesses in anybody because they have been great servants, or always loved us.

We all love the club. The only thing that should matter, to me at least, is are you doing the job? Do you deserve to be there on merit? I don’t and never have fallen for the badge kissing fucking vomit, the statements of how much they love the club etc. Do the fucking job or fuck off, harsh to some, but that’s the way it is and I think it should always be.

This pre season to me is even worse than last year. Last year we did the square root of fuck all, to either help us qualify for the CL, or to provide additional players to help our players who were burned out win 8.

A shambles in the form only Celtic could pull out of their dithering, complacent arse.

Fast forward to this years fuck up and initially, it started well. I was hopeful lessons had been learned with 3 “defenders” brought in. No support for the midfield as Turnbull was unfit. And Lenny has caused nothing but confusion with every press conference, as he claimed it was four other players to be in for the qualifiers, then three, then two. Then we are ok to go. Really Lenny?

We dug out a 1.1 draw away. We all felt we should go through. At Well last Saturday, neither of the £10m worth of defenders on show filled anyone with confidence. We all talked about how Cluj would he physical and they were.

Lenny’s team selection was beyond strange. CAlmac at LB and young Johnson in such a game meaning he was totally muscled out. They exploited the left side and their first goal came when Callum was beaten in the air.

Ajer and Jose were terrible too, for me, only Hatem, the least expensive of the new arrivals played and he looked better. £10m of defenders on the bench in the most important game so far, tells me we have a massive problem in relation to the competency of Lenny to identify and sign quality defenders. He didn’t even pick his own players. Think about that. Think about the level of clusterfuckery here.

I’m reading they weren’t his players. Well, I don’t believe that and if it is true, then the situation is even worse than I thought. Much worse.

Playing well in defence against the pish we play here, is one thing. Step a foot into Europe against even average teams and we collapse. As I said, Ajer, Jose, Bain all truly awful. Calmac lost at LB and in the end we are out.

Imagine your a mid to front player and you get your act together in the second half, score 3 goals to bail our fucking atrocious defence out, to be continually out done by guys who simply aren’t good enough at the Euro level? The £10m guys aren’t deemed good enough to replace players that aren’t good enough and the whole thing gets worse for going forward.

Lenny’s tactics where abysmal. His selection was abysmal. His game management was abysmal. His substitutions were abysmal.

This year we spent money. But it failed to secure CL. They failed to take the field. That is utterly unnaceptable from whoever sanctioned buying them.

The confidence of the two players must be shot. Calmac must be fucked off for being exposed and run ragged. Ajer and Jozo must be affected too because they came up shorter than the winner of short guy of the year. Eddy who was brilliant, will be thinking I deserve a better team.

It’s not just a failure to invest in time for it to matter, it’s worse. We spent £10m on our Shite Defence and they aren’t good enough to get a game in front of that shite defence. The Mind boggles.

I am more depressed about the situation than angry now. We have failed at every level. Board, Manager, players.

Sevco will go at us from the off. I won’t go down the road of bluster, we will do them blah blah, as the last two visits there were the most cowardly performances I have witnessed in a life of games against those Cunts. Are we better than them? Have they caught up? Have we allowed them to catch up? Do we have the bottle?

Motherwell pressed us from the off and we looked shit first 35 minutes. Cluj pressed us from the off and we looked shit first half. Sevco will press us from the off. Will we get two new fullbacks? It certainly won’t be Gummy and Melling now. It will be cheaper alternative options.

Where we are right now is a place I always knew we would end up due to not improving continually. Lenny is under severe pressure, as he should be after that managerial disaster. I hated he blamed the defence rather than taking responsibility for it. For picking it, for buying two guys he didn’t play. His call his fault. Let himself down there.

We need decisive action to get quality in, or AIK will Hand us our arse too. Will our bottle go? Will anybody be surprised if it does?

I don’t think so. That sums up Celtic right now. It’s down to Lawell, Lenny and the players to win the league and at least qualify for the EL. Right now we are an EL team and not even one of the better ones.

Thanks board. Thanks Lenny or whoever spent £10m on defenders who can’t get into a pish Celtic Defence. How bad a slur on anybody who claims to be a defender is that? You can’t get a game in defence for Celtic? Really? Are you an amputee?

This is crunch time. Again.

A total fucking shambles only we could dig out of our complacent arse. We lose badly at CreditDome and Lenny and Lawell need to resign. No ifs, no buts, just fuck right off.

Well its Clusterfuck +2 days and the rage I and indeed, all of us felt after possibly the worst tactical approach to a vital game for many a year, has been joined with a feeling of being on a rudderless ship.

The enormity of the misjudgment by Lenny. The failure to get quality, even after spending £10m with another minimum of £6-7m in wages for both of them, is truly mind blowing incompetence.

Anybody who ever bothers to read my posts, will have noticed I don’t do sentimentality, or give people a bye because they happen to be good Tim’s. Even legends. It makes me nauseous when people overlook glaring weaknesses in anybody because they have been great servants, or always loved us.

We all love the club. The only thing that should matter, to me at least, is are you doing the job? Do you deserve to be there on merit? I don’t and never have fallen for the badge kissing fucking vomit, the statements of how much they love the club etc. Do the fucking job or fuck off, harsh to some, but that’s the way it is and I think it should always be.

This pre season to me is even worse than last year. Last year we did the square root of fuck all, to either help us qualify for the CL, or to provide additional players to help our players who were burned out win 8.

A shambles in the form only Celtic could pull out of their dithering, complacent arse.

Fast forward to this years fuck up and initially, it started well. I was hopeful lessons had been learned with 3 “defenders” brought in. No support for the midfield as Turnbull was unfit. And Lenny has caused nothing but confusion with every press conference, as he claimed it was four other players to be in for the qualifiers, then three, then two. Then we are ok to go. Really Lenny?

We dug out a 1.1 draw away. We all felt we should go through. At Well last Saturday, neither of the £10m worth of defenders on show filled anyone with confidence. We all talked about how Cluj would he physical and they were.

Lenny’s team selection was beyond strange. CAlmac at LB and young Johnson in such a game meaning he was totally muscled out. They exploited the left side and their first goal came when Callum was beaten in the air.

Ajer and Jose were terrible too, for me, only Hatem, the least expensive of the new arrivals played and he looked better. £10m of defenders on the bench in the most important game so far, tells me we have a massive problem in relation to the competency of Lenny to identify and sign quality defenders. He didn’t even pick his own players. Think about that. Think about the level of clusterfuckery here.

I’m reading they weren’t his players. Well, I don’t believe that and if it is true, then the situation is even worse than I thought. Much worse.

Playing well in defence against the pish we play here, is one thing. Step a foot into Europe against even average teams and we collapse. As I said, Ajer, Jose, Bain all truly awful. Calmac lost at LB and in the end we are out.

Imagine your a mid to front player and you get your act together in the second half, score 3 goals to bail our fucking atrocious defence out, to be continually out done by guys who simply aren’t good enough at the Euro level? The £10m guys aren’t deemed good enough to replace players that aren’t good enough and the whole thing gets worse for going forward.

Lenny’s tactics where abysmal. His selection was abysmal. His game management was abysmal. His substitutions were abysmal.

This year we spent money. But it failed to secure CL. They failed to take the field. That is utterly unnaceptable from whoever sanctioned buying them.

The confidence of the two players must be shot. Calmac must be fucked off for being exposed and run ragged. Ajer and Jozo must be affected too because they came up shorter than the winner of short guy of the year. Eddy who was brilliant, will be thinking I deserve a better team.

It’s not just a failure to invest in time for it to matter, it’s worse. We spent £10m on our Shite Defence and they aren’t good enough to get a game in front of that shite defence. The Mind boggles.

I am more depressed about the situation than angry now. We have failed at every level. Board, Manager, players.

Sevco will go at us from the off. I won’t go down the road of bluster, we will do them blah blah, as the last two visits there were the most cowardly performances I have witnessed in a life of games against those Cunts. Are we better than them? Have they caught up? Have we allowed them to catch up? Do we have the bottle?

Motherwell pressed us from the off and we looked shit first 35 minutes. Cluj pressed us from the off and we looked shit first half. Sevco will press us from the off. Will we get two new fullbacks? It certainly won’t be Gummy and Melling now. It will be cheaper alternative options.

Where we are right now is a place I always knew we would end up due to not improving continually. Lenny is under severe pressure, as he should be after that managerial disaster. I hated he blamed the defence rather than taking responsibility for it. For picking it, for buying two guys he didn’t play. His call his fault. Let himself down there.

We need decisive action to get quality in, or AIK will Hand us our arse too. Will our bottle go? Will anybody be surprised if it does?

I don’t think so. That sums up Celtic right now. It’s down to Lawell, Lenny and the players to win the league and at least qualify for the EL. Right now we are an EL team and not even one of the better ones.

Thanks board. Thanks Lenny or whoever spent £10m on defenders who can’t get into a pish Celtic Defence. How bad a slur on anybody who claims to be a defender is that? You can’t get a game in defence for Celtic? Really? Are you an amputee?

A total fucking shambles only we could dig out of our complacent arse. We lose badly at CreditDome and Lenny and Lawell need to resign. No ifs, no buts, just fuck right off.

Had a big sigh before I started this reply.A good post Tv articulating the general mood just now.
As we know, all of us including the reputable bloggers are reduced to speculating and guessing what the problems are with the club. We could be right about everything,we could be wrong about everything except what we saw on the park we all know the shambles that was and I lay all the blame at Lenny and even more so John Kennedys door (I think putting Calum at left back fucked the defence and midfield by moving them all slightly out of position) I hope to eff we are wrong about everything else e.g. the scouting,the planning,the ambition,the new players and that wee Strachan's got it right and its all calm behind the scenes and we are responding and regrouping buuuuuutttt........... :confused::confused::confused:

Depression is the main feeling now because , after all the shouting and swearing and blaming , in our hearts we know that things will continue as they were at the Club .
A couple of 'good' results in the League and everything will be hunky-dory again . To some , yes , but the underlying weakness at Celtic will remain . The seeming reluctance to build on success . It has been our Achilles Heel for decades .

Older heads like mine and some others on here will remember that after the Lisbon success , for a few years we were one of THE teams in Europe , but in the 70's we started to sell our best players and from then on we have been in decline . The team came second to the people on the Board - and the supporters ? Well they were just the saps who turned up and handed over their hard-earned and then were ignored .
Things changed for a while under Fergus , who was a genuine businessman who , let's not forget , took a big gamble with his own money at a time when there were few billionaires willing to step in and fund the Club.
But since he left we , the supporters , have become little more than grudgingly tolerated extras to the Celtic Board who have never shared the same ambitions as the fans . To them a healthy bottom line is the be-all and end-all of the Club ; to the supporters a healthy bottom line is the route to investment in better players to push the Club to a higher level both at home and in Europe .

What can we do ? Hope that the GB put up a banner or two to remind the board that WE are still here ?
Boycotts ? Refuse to buy merchandise ?
I have been through this with the Old Board ( Kellys and Whites etc.. ) and it was difficult then even when they were running the Club into the ground - how much more difficult will it be to force change on an admittedly very successful Business which prides itself on its competence ?

However the people running the business appear to have forgotten one crucial factor in its business model - the customer !

They have failed to match our ambitions and take note of our deep dissatisfaction at recent events :
they have failed to support Res 12 ;
they have failed to fight the passing of tainted titles to a Zombie Klub;
they have failed to exert real influence for change on the corruption at the SFA which has assisted wrong-doing on a disgraceful scale ;
they have failed to invest adequately in the recruitment of a DOF who could advance the Club ;
they have failed to fight the Team's corner when clearly discriminatory decisions have been inflicted on them in matches .
All of the above is still relevant whether we lost in the CL or won . There is a need for change in our Club at the top but I am too pessimistic to expect anything to happen in the short term .

HH

Nae harm to the lad, but I`m glad Bolingoli is not playing ,he has a lot to learn yet.

So what happens now? A public apology from both Lennon and the board?
An admission of guilt?
No. It will remain the same old shit and the board and Lenny will defend each other.
A board i dont believe a word from.
Lennon a manager i never wanted.
Who gives a shit what i or any supporter feels?
It's hard to be optimistic and I'm entitled to feel that way.
My beloved club treading water and going nowhere.
HH?

Lots of this is wrong thats wrong stories circulation, some looking at behind the scenes stuff, I've no idea if what is being circulated is fact, based on fact or just ?, however I'm just a tad sceptical of the timing to be honest with you. No matter what is going on behind the scenes, the management firstly then the players chosen to play ballsed up big time, get it bloody sorted Neil and lets get this 9 @ 10 over the line. Dont be remembered for ever as the guys who blew it. If there is a split within the ranks get them together and bash a few egos, and Neil ffs play the players best suited for the job in hand.

H.H

With regards to jullien. I can remember before he signed that in France leccuipe magazine it was reported that it would be unthinkable if jullien signed for Celtic. Naturally at that time I thought it was meant he was too good for the SPL, now I'm wondering if they meant unthinkable because he's not of the standard our club would spend such amount of money on.

With regards to jullien. I can remember before he signed that in France leccuipe magazine it was reported that it would be unthinkable if jullien signed for Celtic. Naturally at that time I thought it was meant he was too good for the SPL, now I'm wondering if they meant unthinkable because he's not of the standard our club would spend such amount of money on.

I too was wowed with the clips I watched of him. I can see a player in there though. His ability in the air and his passing is well above average. I started to get a bit jittery when his positional play was less than ok. Against Well he lost out in the air to a guy who should never have won that header for their second.

So now we have him being overlooked for the very game we bought him to help negotiate. If I was him I would be pissed off, but at the same time relieved that I played no part in the worst defensive display since the French were overrun by the Nazis.

Boli I think will never feature as our LB if another one is bought. He just us t a defender. Julien we need to hope comes good because he is here for four years.

I am also concerned with the mood of the camp after such a collapse. Not our mid to front who after remembering they weren’t rabbits stepped up in the second half only to be blindsided by incompetence again.

We need a keeper. Neither Bain or Gordon are anywhere near good enough. We also need two fullbacks or three of we accept Boli can’t cut it. He can’t. Get over that please.

We also on the evidence of Tuesday need another CB. How may opportunities can we give people to fuck us up? Too many already and looking good in the SPFL is not enough.

We lost KT. We lost Benkovic and if I was Lenny I would be onto Rogers to get him back on loan.

The CL money has gone yet again and all of the above probably won’t happen which will se us decline another bit.

This policy of selling our best to balance the books is a disaster.

I hope there are hard straight talking meetings taking place. I hope Desmond is prepared to put cash in if Lawell stalls. Can we go into the AIK game with the same defence? If we do, then we really deserve all we get.

Lose that game and at Sevco and Lenny is history. Lawell will escape, and that to me is our biggest problem. Lenny has made everybody who doubted he was the man to be edged further into that mindset. And he brought it all on himself with his managerial leadership on Tuesday.

Ask yourself this, how woukd we have reacted if RD had been in charge of that fiasco? We would be outside CP with torches and pitchforks. Lenny should not get a bye where RD wouldn’t. Ever. Nor should he no matter how much affection we have for him. We are going for 9, if he can’t deliver that from the position we are in he is simply not the guy and my intitial fears of him being a yes man, if the claims that Lawell bought the defenders is true, then we are fucked.

Some terrific posts from the bhoys and ghirls over the last 2 days. I've been so fuckin scunnered it's taken me 2days to start looking at them tbh. TV made a very worrying point about the new defenders maybe not being Lennon's signings,. I believe this to be true. He said if that's the case it's fkn even worse than we think and I agree with him 100% . Nobody spends 10 million on two new defenders and doesn't play them ,he obviously doesn't fancy either. Maybe it's already time to write off the 10 million and start again from scratch. Nobody's got all the answers here and we're all hurting like fk looking for them .I've never been one to slag off lenny or even Kennedy whose never filled me with confidence that he's capable of doing the job but this is getting to be a fkn joke and the campaign s no even started properly yet. Time to get the fkn finger oot and start recruiting some decent defenders before we blow the whole fkn shebang. HH

One of the best posts ive ever read on here

Members online

Latest posts

Back