Celtic v Cluj - Europa League, Thursday 3 October, kick-off 8pm - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
When the draw was made I was delighted when Cluj come out of the fourth pot.

In many ways that game in August was a freak result. Neil Lennon is still somewhat in denial about certain aspects of that bizarre match. Sometimes you can't see the trees not so much for the Forrest but perhaps the McGregor. Playing Calmac at left back was probably the most stupid thing Lenny will do in his time as Celtic manager.

Bain, still injured, will be replaced by Forster. That's a big upgrade. Both summer signings Jullien and Bolingoli should be trusted to start this time around and both have a great chance to show their worth to the team. Callum will be in midfield, where he belongs and he has recently started to show an upturn in his form. Not that he's ever had a poor game, just that he is becoming more influential again. I thought he was our Man of the Match at Easter Road.

Both Calmac and Broony - who gifted Cluj that penalty - will have something to prove too.

Our three main goal threats, Edoaurd, Christie and Forrest all could have done no more that night and will be looking for the same again.

Elhamed and Ajer played last time and will be back on Thursday - Bauer is struggling again ironically as a result of the 'penalty' challenge at Easter Road. One of the ones you missed Mr Clancy.

The interesting position is wide left there are loads of options and

1. Play Forrest there to accommodate Ntcham in the team (Christie - Ntcham - Forrest)

2. Play Mohammed Elyounoussi who has impressed in training, less so in the games he's started.

3. Play Mikey Johnston who should be ready after recovering from the groin strain incurred on Beautiful Sunday.

4. Play Scotty Sinclair who has done well from the bench the last two games.

5. Play today's Birthday Bhoy Lewis Morgan, who got an outing against Thistle last week, worked very hard but nothing really seemed to work for him on the night.

Neil Lennon is probably thinking these options through at the moment. As a wild guess, I reckon he'll opt for option 4.

So I am expecting the team to look like this

Forster

Elhamed, Ajer, Jullien, Bolingoli

Brown, McGregor

Forrest, Christie, Sinclair

Edouard.

Prediction, same as the last time for us (3) but big Fraser to erect the Wall, so zero for Cluj....hopefully the Lazio v Rennes game is drawn.

Thoughts?

In many ways that game in August was a freak result. Neil Lennon is still somewhat in denial about certain aspects of that bizarre match. Sometimes you can't see the trees not so much for the Forrest but perhaps the McGregor. Playing Calmac at left back was probably the most stupid thing Lenny will do in his time as Celtic manager.

Bain, still injured, will be replaced by Forster. That's a big upgrade. Both summer signings Jullien and Bolingoli should be trusted to start this time around and both have a great chance to show their worth to the team. Callum will be in midfield, where he belongs and he has recently started to show an upturn in his form. Not that he's ever had a poor game, just that he is becoming more influential again. I thought he was our Man of the Match at Easter Road.

Both Calmac and Broony - who gifted Cluj that penalty - will have something to prove too.

Our three main goal threats, Edoaurd, Christie and Forrest all could have done no more that night and will be looking for the same again.

Elhamed and Ajer played last time and will be back on Thursday - Bauer is struggling again ironically as a result of the 'penalty' challenge at Easter Road. One of the ones you missed Mr Clancy.

1. Play Forrest there to accommodate Ntcham in the team (Christie - Ntcham - Forrest)

2. Play Mohammed Elyounoussi who has impressed in training, less so in the games he's started.

3. Play Mikey Johnston who should be ready after recovering from the groin strain incurred on Beautiful Sunday.

5. Play today's Birthday Bhoy Lewis Morgan, who got an outing against Thistle last week, worked very hard but nothing really seemed to work for him on the night.

Neil Lennon is probably thinking these options through at the moment. As a wild guess, I reckon he'll opt for option 4.

Forster

Brown, McGregor

Edouard.

Prediction, same as the last time for us (3) but big Fraser to erect the Wall, so zero for Cluj....hopefully the Lazio v Rennes game is drawn.

Thoughts?
Great team WCB play to our strength and now pretty solid at the back.
we hit them in the mid-front and hit them hard
Think we win 3-0.
mon the Hoops.

HH🍀

When he's on his game Muthafuka is great but too often we're pushing players (Forrest and Corpus) out of position to get him in the team and it messes with our shape. We have to play our best players in their best positions that means Corpus at 10 and Forrest on the right and Calmac not at right back! o_O I'd like to see Sinclair get a start think he deserves it.
Apparently Cluj's front two are both doubtful for the game with injuries.

When he's on his game Muthafuka is great but too often we're pushing players (Forrest and Corpus) out of position to get him in the team and it messes with our shape. We have to play our best players in their best positions that means Corpus at 10 and Forrest on the right and Calmac not at right back! o_O I'd like to see Sinclair get a start think he deserves it.
Apparently Cluj's front two are both doubtful for the game with injuries.
Romainian tactics, just prepare that cluj are at full strength and anything else is a bonus.

Forster

Brown, McGregor

Edouard.

Thoughts?
We need to play OUR game ,and make cluj play to that ,!!!!!! Dictate from the start ,don’t let them have any say in how it does ,hh

Probably Dan up to his tricks again Boab.
Listening to Radio Clyde and media Keevins still giving it SPFL is two teams and none can drop points etc, however, earler i pointed out seven games in last year we had lost two and drew one and sat 2 points clear and then it became, in Europe after christmas, in cup final and then had it in bag, pulled clear in the title as the huns started falling due to the amount of games and lack of depth in squad, and then we all know what happened at the end, 8IAR and Treble Treble

Thursday may be too soon for Johnston, he’s only returning to training this week so we should start with Elyounoussi. I’d play McGregor and Ntcham in central midfield with Christie ahead of them but we know that Lennon will pick Brown no matter what. Ntcham may miss out unless the manager wants to play Forrest and Christie out of position again. Will be interested to see if Afolabi gets a place on bench with Bayo suspended and Griffiths injured.

Forster
Elhamed Julien Ajer Bolingoli
Brown McGregor
Forrest Christie Elyounoussi
Edouard

Forster

Brown, McGregor

Edouard.

Thoughts?

Option 1 both Christie & Forrest are both coming in on their favoured foot, Nitcham & Eddie have been linking up well. Plus Nitcham distribution has been superb so far this(except for Cluj) also because Sandman will be in his element if Oli scores a few. 4-0 the bhoys Oli 2 Eddie 2 😂😂😂😂

☘️COYBIG☘️GET RIGHT IN TAE THUM☘️

Our worst enemy will be a media wanting to see us fail so they can write us off Friday, therefore we must avoid falling for any Cluj interviews regards Cluj praising us up as favourites. Two teams will be on the park just do the business and move on to the next domestic and prepare for the rubber sand dune.
Just remember a shit storm is coming to a new club stuck on reverse and deflectors will be on full.

Forster

Brown, McGregor

Edouard.

Thoughts?
If lenny doesn't getake caught up in the side show that's petrescu and plays our best 11 I think we'll win comfortably if we underestimate them again we could fall short the beat Lazio must give credit to that but it was in Romania can they do that in Rome? Doubt it. Play our best and we'll win HH

I think we should go at them from the off....and keep at them....even when we are 2 nil up.
I have a lot more faith in our defence now, as long as Ajer don't do anything silly, we should be solid at the back.

If lenny doesn't getake caught up in the side show that's petrescu and plays our best 11 I think we'll win comfortably if we underestimate them again we could fall short the beat Lazio must give credit to that but it was in Romania can they do that in Rome? Doubt it. Play our best and we'll win HH
Lazio dont look that great a side i reckon we take them at home and if we're at our best could take something off them in Rome.

Back