Celtic v Dundee Hibernian- League , Sunday 26th September, Kick-off 15:00hrs..destination Celtic Park, weather - most likely pishing all comments here

But they aren't available, and too many of those available aren't good enough. Football is a squad game and given the number of games we play we need a bigger squad than most. Take 2 players, McGregor and Furuhashi, out of the team and we are bang average in Scottish football let alone Europe. The first pick starting 11 may be good but the squad is poor.
I agree completely Garry,I was only trying to make a case for the manager and what we can look forward to when these Bhoys are fit,I have just said also I expect Ange to bring in a couple of Japanese players in January and I hope it does not stop there.
I think Soro is not good enough,big enough or strong enough to play in the centre of midfield,I think Rogic is a very good player but has no strength,James McArthy has played his best football
and god only know,s who gave him a 4 year contract,they should be castrated,we have 2 giants we brought in from Sheffield Wednesday these are the type of players we need beside Turnbull and Callum,,we only need to look at the size of players Michael Beale is brining to the cesspit to tell us we need to get bigger,,I say Beale Gary because Beale is the main man for recruits slippy is only a name..
This is not over Gary, 2011 comes to mind when we were 15 points behind sevco they thought it was all over,Joe Ledley thought otherwise..

HH.

With the current squad that is available or should that be unavailable to Ange anybody thinking wins or good performances are gonna be anything other than a struggle are kidding themselves. And yet after the transfer window so many on here were satisfied with part one of the rebuild.Fast forward a couple of months and all of a sudden we are howling at the moon. Think any manager would struggle with the injury crisis we are facing at the moment. Whilst Ange doesn't get a free pass as has been pointed out re plan b etc ...6 points behind is probably where I thought we would be after 4 games played never mind 7. Its Impossible to judge him giving the circumstances of the squad in its current form. And yes it could get worse this next week but I think I will give him a bit more considered time before giving up on the man.

3 months in the job
Injuries
Depleted squad
And some are calling for Ange's head
Same as when Slippy took over at IPOX
Give your heads a shake
The problem for some is they believe it's our right to win every game
I get the frustration at not being able to break some teams down, but today we had plenty of chances
3 crossbars, our striker MIA, mistakes happen in every game, but get a grip, look at who we're missing and KTF
HH
Boooo,,,,,,down with that sort of thing

A couple of months ago this guy walked on water now they want him out the door.
When he was doing the proverbial walks on water he had the company of Callum,Fyogo,Jamsie,
Christie Eddy and Ajer,not bad company to be in,unfortunately he does not have ANY of these 3 Bhoys and 3 walk away,s for company now so he has to do the best he can with what he has, but I agree that what he has is not good enough but this is not an Ange Postecoglou mistake,this is a 10 iar mistake when Lennon was more interested in keeping his job by not challenging Lawwell on the type of players who came in,,what we witnessed before this man came in was the legacy of 10 iar and the Eddie Howe fiasco,,sure sack the board if possible but let the man get on with what he has to do between now and the January window where I hope and believe he will walk away if he does not get who he wants in..

HH

With the current squad that is available or should that be unavailable to Ange anybody thinking wins or good performances are gonna be anything other than a struggle are kidding themselves. And yet after the transfer window so many on here were satisfied with part one of the rebuild.Fast forward a couple of months and all of a sudden we are howling at the moon. Think any manager would struggle with the injury crisis we are facing at the moment. Whilst Ange doesn't get a free pass as has been pointed out re plan b etc ...6 points behind is probably where I thought we would be after 4 games played never mind 7. Its Impossible to judge him giving the circumstances of the squad in its current form. And yes it could get worse this next week but I think I will give him a bit more considered time before giving up on the man.
That wasnt a second string side we had out

Structurally it sucked

the plan to cross to ajetti is weak

two attacking mids doesnt add much from high balls

good on counter if we have good ball winning and good long range passing into gaps

but for 90 minutes we have our two best creative players in front of ball waiting for through balls from players who arent really thsat great at it

no looking when passin

either means they have plan and runners dont follow set plan or its just random

crossing from corners was garbage

we play a system that requires a big strong aerial threat in centre with 2 wingers crossing high

And did i mention the 2 attacking mids neither effectively link play or support the attack

there is a big hole in midfield

And lots of crosses and passes that dont actually find anyone

we run about mad but its not fruitful running just leads to injuries and fatigue

its a poor system to adopt every match with no variation when different players play
every single match

2 AMs with no deep lying midfielder with very accurate passing

too many dribbles no enough quality passes imo

nearly every pass to ajeti is off the ground and he is a ground ball striker imo

no deep midfielders hovering outside their box for cut backs all charge into 6 yard box

no coordination

no unit

poor team play

poor passing

slow passing

too much running about aimlessly off the ball hoping for beckenbauer passes

just weak tactically

A stanfard 442 creates more good chances than this 5 man counter attack system with weak defence

its best i can descibe it

5 players who cant defend all waiting for luxury long passes into spaces that dont exist unless your the brazilian 1970 side and even they didnt utilise that tactic very often but its our go to atttack every game

counter attacking with sacrificed midfield

weird stuff

I agree completely Garry,I was only trying to make a case for the manager and what we can look forward to when these Bhoys are fit,I have just said also I expect Ange to bring in a couple of Japanese players in January and I hope it does not stop there.
I think Soro is not good enough,big enough or strong enough to play in the centre of midfield,I think Rogic is a very good player but has no strength,James McArthy has played his best football
and god only know,s who gave him a 4 year contract,they should be castrated,we have 2 giants we brought in from Sheffield Wednesday these are the type of players we need beside Turnbull and Callum,,we only need to look at the size of players Michael Beale is brining to the cesspit to tell us we need to get bigger,,I say Beale Gary because Beale is the main man for recruits slippy is only a name..
This is not over Gary, 2011 comes to mind when we were 15 points behind sevco they thought it was all over,Joe Ledley thought otherwise..

HH.
Always thought it was too much to win the league this season and results so far make that even more likely. Until we sort out the structure of the football operation off the park we will struggle on it. Ange has been handed a shit sandwich with no backing whatsoever. Until the board room changes we will lose on the park because they are the ones holding us back.
2011/12 we at least had a midfield, Brown, Ledley, Wanyama, Ki, Kayal, to choose from, we currently have an empty space where the midfield should be and praying McGregor comes back asap as he's the only midfield player of any quality we have.

Watching highlights on Sportscene, how is Fuchs not sent off for his 'tackle' on McCarthy? Studs up, out of control, another assault on a Celtic player not dealt with by a referee.
It was an absolute shocker. A potential leg breaker. I was surprised the BBC actually showed that and the kung fu kick on Abada by their keeper.

But not surprised that they chose to start their replay of the Utd penalty incident AFTER the initial foul on Starfelt that led to the incident!

So Thompson, Caldwell and Naismith chastise Clancy for not awarding Utd a stonewall penalty - declaring the referee has to get the big decisions right. They just ignore Starfelt being kicked beforehand. They also completely ignore the Fuchs horror foul and the goalie's kung fu kick! Not a mention or even a replay - obviously clear red card incidents do not count as big decisions!

It was an absolute shocker. A potential leg breaker. I was surprised the BBC actually showed that and the kung fu kick on Abada by their keeper.

But not surprised that they chose to start their replay of the Utd penalty incident AFTER the initial foul on Starfelt that led to the incident!
We should be looking at our part more so BB, with 2 shocking passes leading to the 2 incidents, much of a feature of our play all day.
Still fuming over this midfield shite, playing a 3 without a box to box midfielder anywhere to be seen. Not a ball player to dictate our tempo and find telling passes.
Continue to keep leaving our whole right side wide open to be exploited and yet again concede another crucial goal from it.
Let's continue with keep playing out from the back without the players comfortable or good enough to do so still.
Moan as much as we like about injuries, yet 2 players to make all the difference, as no one else would be guaranteed to walk straight into this set up of a team as it stands.
Ange needs to start making some changes to his team set up quickly, as what he has opted and continues with has very little chance of any success, all the while it remains so predictable with the ball and so easy to hurt us without the ball

On another note....it's great to see our league looking like a proper competitive one with several teams near the top Challenging...I know "ITS ONLY SEPTEMBER" and obviously it won't stay that way but refreshing indeed...better than usual 2 horse monopoly that we've been fed for 150 years..healthy for our game in this country.........

Always thought it was too much to win the league this season and results so far make that even more likely. Until we sort out the structure of the football operation off the park we will struggle on it. Ange has been handed a shit sandwich with no backing whatsoever. Until the board room changes we will lose on the park because they are the ones holding us back.
2011/12 we at least had a midfield, Brown, Ledley, Wanyama, Ki, Kayal, to choose from, we currently have an empty space where the midfield should be and praying McGregor comes back asap as he's the only midfield player of any quality we have.
What role are we looking for calmac to do Gary?
Still at the base of the triangle 3 like he has done a few times now with the Turnbull /Rogic partnership ahead of him?
That has been used on enough occasions already that has led to defeats, to show it doesn't work to well.
No possible replacements for Turnbull or Rogic if either get injured as we haven't got that type of player within the squad.
Kyogo will need to grow another 3 foot, if we are going to keep putting high balls into the box without anyone capable of getting a head onto it.
Our tactics at present are stinking, and until we start seeing a change in them then I fear for another long depressing season ahead.

So we've got ask ourselves what is the problem here? Is it Anges game plan? Or are the players, or the ones he picks, not up to the job? Or is it neither, just bad luck?
I'm ruling the last one out.
To me, Ange is an idealist. In his head he wants a full on attacking team that scores loads of goals. Every team wants to do that.
Hey Ange, the world don't work that way. You cannot build anything without good foundations, namely, the defence.
So as plan A, scoring more goals isn't working out, what's plan B?
I'm rapidly getting fed up of his excuses, he's starting to sound like Lennon and Kennedy.

On another note....it's great to see our league looking like a proper competitive one with several teams near the top Challenging...I know "ITS ONLY SEPTEMBER" and obviously it won't stay that way but refreshing indeed...better than usual 2 horse monopoly that we've been fed for 150 years..healthy for our game in this country.........
And 5 team's ahead of us and not a good one among the lot of them, doesn’t say to much about us at the moment Docco

That wasnt a second string side we had out

Structurally it sucked

the plan to cross to ajetti is weak

two attacking mids doesnt add much from high balls

good on counter if we have good ball winning and good long range passing into gaps

but for 90 minutes we have our two best creative players in front of ball waiting for through balls from players who arent really thsat great at it

no looking when passin

either means they have plan and runners dont follow set plan or its just random

crossing from corners was garbage

we play a system that requires a big strong aerial threat in centre with 2 wingers crossing high

And did i mention the 2 attacking mids neither effectively link play or support the attack

there is a big hole in midfield

And lots of crosses and passes that dont actually find anyone

we run about mad but its not fruitful running just leads to injuries and fatigue

its a poor system to adopt every match with no variation when different players play
every single match

2 AMs with no deep lying midfielder with very accurate passing

too many dribbles no enough quality passes imo

nearly every pass to ajeti is off the ground and he is a ground ball striker imo

no deep midfielders hovering outside their box for cut backs all charge into 6 yard box

no coordination

no unit

poor team play

poor passing

slow passing

too much running about aimlessly off the ball hoping for beckenbauer passes

just weak tactically

A stanfard 442 creates more good chances than this 5 man counter attack system with weak defence

its best i can descibe it

5 players who cant defend all waiting for luxury long passes into spaces that dont exist unless your the brazilian 1970 side and even they didnt utilise that tactic very often but its our go to atttack every game

counter attacking with sacrificed midfield

weird stuff
We can't build a team around Ajeti
We need a striker to get himself in the game, if the ball isn't coming to you, you're not doing your bit to get open
Anybody who's played the game realizes that
The game passes some players by and that's when the manager and coaching staff have to get together and fix it
For me, Scales or Welsh, who started as a midfielder should come in before Soro
Rogic was crowded out too many times today, and we definitely missed CalMac today
I'm looking forward to watching Scales in a run of games
We will come good, but arses need kicked in the Hoops

Members online

Back