Celtic v Dundee Hibernian- League , Sunday 26th September, Kick-off 15:00hrs..destination Celtic Park, weather - most likely pishing all comments here

Finally getting over the Covid but Celtic aren't doing anything to help my recuperation. I see there are people in the papers wanting to get rid of Ange doesn't take these people long they have the attention span of a Goldfish, listen a whole team walked out the door at the end of last season we have 12 new players come in to replace them, in an ideal world every one of them would just slot in and play great right away but we don't live in an ideal world, it will take time, players have to get to know one another we have been unlucky with injuries but patience is the key we have to give Ange time get his best players back then see where we are. We have a few nuggets in our new boys Kyogo etc...so let's wait till we have our best players on the park then look at the results before we start shouting for his head......ps Ajeti will get him sacked that guy should be given a free get him to fuck

They have the right to show displeasure John, they pay good money and deserve better than that, our highly paid 'stars' are getting lessons from kids and journeymen. Every combination possible has been tried out in that defence by Ange, and still the right one hasn't been found, it's just not good enough.
Says a story brim, when we have already used 5 different CB partnership.
When you think our least confidence pairing of Welsh and Murray compared to our most used and preferred now in Starfelt and CCV, then I wouldn't say there has been that great of a difference overall, so something not right

Finally getting over the Covid but Celtic aren't doing anything to help my recuperation. I see there are people in the papers wanting to get rid of Ange doesn't take these people long they have the attention span of a Goldfish, listen a whole team walked out the door at the end of last season we have 12 new players come in to replace them, in an ideal world every one of them would just slot in and play great right away but we don't live in an ideal world, it will take time, players have to get to know one another we have been unlucky with injuries but patience is the key we have to give Ange time get his best players back then see where we are. We have a few nuggets in our new boys Kyogo etc...so let's wait till we have our best players on the park then look at the results before we start shouting for his head......ps Ajeti will get him sacked that guy should be given a free get him to fuck
Ridiculous to be talking about Ange position still, and usual shit stirring from the media.
Saying that Dougie, may well have to revise his approach as what is clear now is that we have got nowhere near the depth of squad available with the formation and style of play Ange wants to play.
Says alot when we are missing Taylor so much within the team set up currently

O by the way, part of Angebaw is predicated on a high pressing game. 🤔

Its non existence for large parts of the game on Sunday was embarrassing, I was beginning to think that United had one or two extra players (outwith the MIB's). Ajeti Rogic Mccarthy and Turnbull never closed a player down once in the first half, Soro did for a while but with no back up he reverted to type.
At one point Jota ran 40yrds to make a tackle on a utd player in our box and he was left wing at the time, if the rest put in that sort of effort we would soon get back to humping teams.

Ridiculous to be talking about Ange position still, and usual shit stirring from the media.
Saying that Dougie, may well have to revise his approach as what is clear now is that we have got nowhere near the depth of squad available with the formation and style of play Ange wants to play.
Says alot when we are missing Taylor so much within the team set up currently
Totally agree John, just now too many players underperforming and players who shouldn't be there at all.

O by the way, part of Angebaw is predicated on a high pressing game. 🤔

Its non existence for large parts of the game on Sunday was embarrassing, I was beginning to think that United had one or two extra players (outwith the MIB's). Ajeti Rogic Mccarthy and Turnbull never closed a player down once in the first half, Soro did for a while but with no back up he reverted to type.
At one point Jota ran 40yrds to make a tackle on a utd player in our box and he was left wing at the time, if the rest put in that sort of effort we would soon get back to humping teams.
Hardly surprising 50, when you persist with a Turnbull /Rogic partnership and both don't have much if any defensive awareness, always going to be a potential problem.
Both I would class as luxury midfield players, and can be both very dangerous in attack, but only a 50% midfield player if you haven't got enough cover for there lack of defensive duties.
Both grand when your in total domination of the play, but how many games are we going to be in that position to do so?

Totally agree John, just now too many players underperforming and players who shouldn't be there at all.
Obviously you must be meaning Ajeti, I take it Dougie?
Hard to disagree with you on yesterday's showing and in general overall.
Still can't get my head around how he was kept on yesterday.
Surely Moffat could have offered more, or even bring scales on and push Monty up and use abada or Jota through the centre.
Even scales could have offered us more from set plays.
Very strange decision made by Ange on that one imo.

Hardly surprising 50, when you persist with a Turnbull /Rogic partnership and both don't have much if any defensive awareness, always going to be a potential problem.
Both I would class as luxury midfield players, and can be both very dangerous in attack, but only a 50% midfield player if you haven't got enough cover for there lack of defensive duties.
Both grand when your in total domination of the play, but how many games are we going to be in that position to do so?
If you look at their 'penalty' claim John, it never was btw as there was a foul on Starfelt just before their claim, it came from a throw in for us. Ralston threw it to Rogic who passed it with some clout to Starfelt with their man bearing down on him, he was whacked by a waist high challenge and floored. Still, it was a bad ball from Rogic who should have punted it the other way up the pitch. These are the wrong decisions we keep repeating game after game. We're doing ourselves no favours at all.

If you look at their 'penalty' claim John, it never was btw as there was a foul on Starfelt just before their claim, it came from a throw in for us. Ralston threw it to Rogic who passed it with some clout to Starfelt with their man bearing down on him, he was whacked by a waist high challenge and floored. Still, it was a bad ball from Rogic who should have punted it the other way up the pitch. These are the wrong decisions we keep repeating game after game. We're doing ourselves no favours at all.
Along with the hospital ball Ralston gave Mccarthy, sumed up some of our passing yesterday, terrible decision making.
I still thought it was a clear cut penalty myself brim and would have resulted in CCV getting the early bath imo.
Highlights just how costly bad passing can be in a modern day possession based game

Didn't see the game so can't really comment

what a will say is this is all new to ange he has no idea how these teams will line up against us that the officials are cheats and the media love to gloat

sick of saying it but he needs his own guys in or he's fkd and dumb n dumber still being in place won't help him one bit , we all watched this movie last year it's obvious some players are either not listening to what's needed or being coached differently from the rest

if the clubs standing in his way he needs to call them out because i don't see fans patience lasting past halloween

Didn't see the game so can't really comment

what a will say is this is all new to ange he has no idea how these teams will line up against us that the officials are cheats and the media love to gloat

sick of saying it but he needs his own guys in or he's fkd and dumb n dumber still being in place won't help him one bit , we all watched this movie last year it's obvious some players are either not listening to what's needed or being coached differently from the rest

if the clubs standing in his way he needs to call them out because i don't see fans patience lasting past halloween
Million dollar question kelly, JK has enough knowledge in what to be expected from the oppersition, mib's etc etc.
So is it a case of Ange not listening to advice given, or a case of not being able to get the players up to the required standard Ange is wanting now, as team is starting to look underprepared for the challenges awaiting in the spfl atm? Would love to know the answer

Obviously you must be meaning Ajeti, I take it Dougie?
Hard to disagree with you on yesterday's showing and in general overall.
Still can't get my head around how he was kept on yesterday.
Surely Moffat could have offered more, or even bring scales on and push Monty up and use abada or Jota through the centre.
Even scales could have offered us more from set plays.
Very strange decision made by Ange on that one imo.
Yes John that’s exactly what I mean him and Barkas there’s nine mill we’ll never see again get them to fuck free up wages if you get a million for the two of them you’ll be doing good

Million dollar question kelly, JK has enough knowledge in what to be expected from the oppersition, mib's etc etc.
So is it a case of Ange not listening to advice given, or a case of not being able to get the players up to the required standard Ange is wanting now, as team is starting to look underprepared for the challenges awaiting in the spfl atm? Would love to know the answe

He better find the answer quick

Yes John that’s exactly what I mean him and Barkas there’s nine mill we’ll never see again get them to fuck free up wages if you get a million for the two of them you’ll be doing good
Was hoping for that during the summer Dougie, and the longer they stay the harder the egg on the face becomes to remove

Nae need tae get intae a blind panic just yet but bottom line is we cannae keep dropping points like this! We're only 7 games in and we're already losing ground so something's got to change before we lose any more.

Think AP needs to be pragmatic when it comes to how he wants to play for now, he either needs to make personnel changes to shore up this current 4-3-3 or switch to another formation altogether...at least until we get key players back from injury because right now the make-up of this 4-3-3 simply doesn't work either defensively or offensively!

Ajeti is woefully ineffective through the middle of the front 3 to the point where almost any other player in there would be an improvement and a midfield 3 containing both Rogic and Turnbull (talented as they are) not only lack the necessary physicality to impose themselves in the middle of the park but both also have a tendency to drift in and out of games, sometimes at the same time….so not only does this leave the defence overly exposed and the service to the front 3 patchy at best for long periods but the high press that was the key to our earlier form becomes non-existent because these 3 especially don't impose themselves enough and can't deliver 90 minute performances!

AP really needs to have a serious look at the players he currently has available and come up with an alternative 4-3-3 line-up or another formation before we ship any more points and the gap becomes too big to close.

3 months in the job
Injuries
Depleted squad
And some are calling for Ange's head
Same as when Slippy took over at IPOX
Give your heads a shake
The problem for some is they believe it's our right to win every game
I get the frustration at not being able to break some teams down, but today we had plenty of chances
3 crossbars, our striker MIA, mistakes happen in every game, but get a grip, look at who we're missing and KTF
HH
Sums it up for me. We will get there, don't forget the situation the new man inherited.

One thing moving forward though, no more projects and no more signings that need months before they can actually play.

Nae need tae get intae a blind panic just yet but bottom line is we cannae keep dropping points like this! We're only 7 games in and we're already losing ground so something's got to change before we lose any more.

Think AP needs to be pragmatic when it comes to how he wants to play for now, he either needs to make personnel changes to shore up this current 4-3-3 or switch to another formation altogether...at least until we get key players back from injury because right now the make-up of this 4-3-3 simply doesn't work either defensively or offensively!

Ajeti is woefully ineffective through the middle of the front 3 to the point where almost any other player in there would be an improvement and a midfield 3 containing both Rogic and Turnbull (talented as they are) not only lack the necessary physicality to impose themselves in the middle of the park but both also have a tendency to drift in and out of games, sometimes at the same time….so not only does this leave the defence overly exposed and the service to the front 3 patchy at best for long periods but the high press that was the key to our earlier form becomes non-existent because these 3 especially don't impose themselves enough and can't deliver 90 minute performances!

AP really needs to have a serious look at the players he currently has available and come up with an alternative 4-3-3 line-up or another formation before we ship any more points and the gap becomes too big to close.
I get where your coming from but I think he’s playing Turnbull and Rogic because he has nobody else who else can play till Cal Mac comes back Soro red card waiting to happen McCarthy too slow maybe Scales he’s played the left side of midfield before MJ don’t think so also agree Ajeti is shite he’s never going to come good we desperately need Cal Mac and Kyogo back they link the play we play well when they play but with Kyogo through the middle if he plays him on the left wing again I will call for his head

I get where your coming from but I think he’s playing Turnbull and Rogic because he has nobody else who else can play till Cal Mac comes back Soro red card waiting to happen McCarthy too slow maybe Scales he’s played the left side of midfield before MJ don’t think so also agree Ajeti is shite he’s never going to come good we desperately need Cal Mac and Kyogo back they link the play we play well when they play but with Kyogo through the middle if he plays him on the left wing again I will call for his head

Well this is the time for AP to show his credentials as a coach/tactician and get a bit more creative with what he has available Dougie!

He simply cannae continue with the philosophy of a 4-3-3 system based on 'outscoring the opposition' when he has 2 out of 3 players in a 3 man midfield simultaneously offering little protection to the back 4 and erratic service to the front 3 while his main attacking threat through the middle makes no impact whatsoever!

So he either has to tweak the personnel to find a way to make it work better than what it is or he has to switch to another formation that works with the players he has available...at least until we get key players back from injury. If that means playing players out of position then so be it but changes are needed otherwise we'll continue to misfire and drop points to teams we in all honesty should be beating.

Back