Celtic v Dundee United - Saturday 29th Jan, 3pm, Celtic Park

Thanks all, I also have a great support group through the Maggie cancer centre in Edinburgh where during lockdown we had monthly zoom meetings just to buck everyone up . All the others in the group had been diagnosed early so had been treated with medication (Hormone) or had their prostate removed .
On a lighter note the hormone treatment gave me a fine pair of moobs 🤣 and I also get oramorph when I need it🥴
Oramorph a great pain leveller even with a tiny nip of whisky my thoughts are with you ,you right it is good to talk it kinda opens a new room to you when illness can be a lonely place at times ,,,,stay strong

Thanks Frank and everyone else , its prostate cancer I've got by the time I was diagnosed 4 years ago it had already spread outside the prostate so initially I had 10 doses of chemo followed with 40 sessions of radiotherapy and a thing called Brachio therapy everything was looking Good but at the 3 month check up the scan showed it had returned and I now had tumors on my ribs near my heart the nape of my neck on the spinal chord and inside my pelvis and other small tumors dotted around so its been another 10 chemos and a trial drug (unsuccessful) I'm waiting for more radiotherapy.
Can I just say to everyone a heartfelt thanks for the support you've given me ,its been great to talk to other folk rather than burden my wife with all my woes .
I know this sounds a bit preachy gentlemen but if your over 50 go and get yourself checked out especially if theirs a history of prostate cancer in your family , I had no symptoms and only went for a test after my brother asked my late dad why he was going to oncology and my dad had said his prostate cancer was back after 20 years ,he'd had it when he was 70 and hadn't told his 5 sons so we all went and got tested and I was the unfortunate one to draw the short straw ,in folk of European decent the ratio is 1 in 8 if your of Afro-Caribbean its 1in 4 ,initially its only a blood test so well worth getting done for peace of mind.
Hi Marky , Its actually refreshing to hear someone chat about their own cancer battle..My dad got diagnosed with cancer of the colon that had spread to the liver..He has no warnings and had been taking the poo test every year for decades that picked up on nothing..Currently dealing with more chemo to shrink tumours on the liver..Im sure your putting up a great fight Marky for yourself and your family and friends..I had a friend who had a tumour removed the size of a small melon over 12 years ago and he is cancer free so there is always hope..Ull be in my thoughts and prayers my friend :)

Hi Marky , Its actually refreshing to hear someone chat about their own cancer battle..My dad got diagnosed with cancer of the colon that had spread to the liver..He has no warnings and had been taking the poo test every year for decades that picked up on nothing..Currently dealing with more chemo to shrink tumours on the liver..Im sure your putting up a great fight Marky for yourself and your family and friends..I had a friend who had a tumour removed the size of a small melon over 12 years ago and he is cancer free so there is always hope..Ull be in my thoughts and prayers my friend :)
Best wishes to your dad, hope all goes well for him 10.

Hi 50 shades Best wishes to your dad , its been a long 4 years but can only try and stay positive and try to treat life as lightly as possible one bonus of the chemo is I don't have to shave anymore 😊 I'm now what my wife and family call aerodynamic and built for speed 🤣

Hi 50 shades Best wishes to your dad , its been a long 4 years but can only try and stay positive and try to treat life as lightly as possible one bonus of the chemo is I don't have to shave anymore 😊 I'm now what my wife and family call aerodynamic and built for speed 🤣
All the best Marky, sounds like you're putting up a hell of a fight in a battle that too many of us will face. Stay strong and positive my friend.

Thanks Frank and everyone else , its prostate cancer I've got by the time I was diagnosed 4 years ago it had already spread outside the prostate so initially I had 10 doses of chemo followed with 40 sessions of radiotherapy and a thing called Brachio therapy everything was looking Good but at the 3 month check up the scan showed it had returned and I now had tumors on my ribs near my heart the nape of my neck on the spinal chord and inside my pelvis and other small tumors dotted around so its been another 10 chemos and a trial drug (unsuccessful) I'm waiting for more radiotherapy.
Can I just say to everyone a heartfelt thanks for the support you've given me ,its been great to talk to other folk rather than burden my wife with all my woes .
I know this sounds a bit preachy gentlemen but if your over 50 go and get yourself checked out especially if theirs a history of prostate cancer in your family , I had no symptoms and only went for a test after my brother asked my late dad why he was going to oncology and my dad had said his prostate cancer was back after 20 years ,he'd had it when he was 70 and hadn't told his 5 sons so we all went and got tested and I was the unfortunate one to draw the short straw ,in folk of European decent the ratio is 1 in 8 if your of Afro-Caribbean its 1in 4 ,initially its only a blood test so well worth getting done for peace of mind.
Geezo Marky, you haven't had to look far for your troubles
Many on here can relate to the health issues, you are not alone my friend, and there's always an ear on here to bend when you need it
My mate went through it last year, and he's doing great, so hopefully, you get some good news shortly
You never know, there's always hope
Another mate oi mine was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 6 years ago, he was over for a coffee a few weeks ago, and what a laugh we had
He then said to me "I'm not angry about getting 'Parky', it's just how it goes, he's from Ayrshire and hasn't lost his sense of humour
Chin up mate
You are among family on here and we will Never Walk Alone
Best to you and your family
HH

Last edited:
Marky, sorry to hear about your illness and thank you for sharing with us and at the same time thinking of others with your advice for people to get tested.

This forum is very special because it ensures that we Never Walk Alone no matter what is happening in our lives.

thoughts and prayers are with you 💚

Brief update , was at the consultant this morning news wasn't what I'd hope for PSA had rocketed again so they are going to try Radium treatment ,because all the tumors are on bone and Radium is next to calcium on the periodic table the Radium attaches to the bone and the radiation fights the cancer cells , something else to try .
Well onwards and upwards 😊

Brief update , was at the consultant this morning news wasn't what I'd hope for PSA had rocketed again so they are going to try Radium treatment ,because all the tumors are on bone and Radium is next to calcium on the periodic table the Radium attaches to the bone and the radiation fights the cancer cells , something else to try .
Keep fighting Mark. Take care.

Keep fighting the fight Marky and stay positive.

H.H

The very best of luck Marky.

Bestv wishes Marky to you and your family from
all the Noise family.
God Bless.

HH

Hey Marky ,
Hey Marky , Keep your spirits up..Not the news you wanted but you will be used to setbacks by now im thinking..Get the Radium treatment and fingers crossed its does the trick..You have all the best wishes in your fight from your fellow fans here :) ps Thanks 50 SOG :)

Members online

Latest posts

Back