Celtic v Dundee United - Saturday 29th Jan, 3pm, Celtic Park

How will Scales learn more if not given game time? Taylor gives 100% but for me is very limited. We need more than squaring up to other players. We need the player who offers more to the team and as I said, in my opinion Scales has more in his locker
Well, as everyone says it's all about opinions. The great thing is.....we have options now. What a difference in such a short time.

How will Scales learn more if not given game time? Taylor gives 100% but for me is very limited. We need more than squaring up to other players. We need the player who offers more to the team and as I said, in my opinion Scales has more in his locker
Rotation and squad depth with matching up of players v opposition players formations been used perhaps Stevie

Aye, watched Morton v Raith Rvs lastnight good game despite the weather, hope its not as bad later on or I'll be staying in the hoose. Fancy us in this one, send a warning out, before Wedensday. So 4-0 Celtic, Gio hat-trick , Wee Jamesy.

☘HAIL HAIL☘COYBIG☘HAIL HAIL☘YNWA☘
☘GLASGOWS GREEN AND WHITE☘

Last edited:
For me Taylor is a decent defender. But Scales offers more going forward and his height is better for defending set pieces where the opponents are lumping the ball into our box, and I think these are more important attributes for playing Dundee Utd at home.

Hopefully we are well in front and can bring Jullien on for 20 minutes run out to start to get his match fitness up. Possibly introducing him alongside CCV & Starfelt to see how 3 CBs might work while pushing the wingbacks further forward. I wouldn't be starting him in this game after being out for over a year.
I agree, and I would add that Scales seems to have good sense of how GG will play. His understanding of GG's positional style means he should get the nod.

I think it will be same team as Wednesday but i would like to see Scales in for Taylor and Jullien for Starfelt but the latter might be abit risky in a must win game..I think the more game time Forrest gets we willl start to see him improving as hes been out a long time..If Berti Auld really rated him who am i to disagree..Win with no injuries is vital and no sending offs ..Agree with you John about bringing on the subs to save the big players for the Glasgow Derby..I think 3 v 1 win

Snap Steviebhoy with regards Scales in for Taylor

We’ve 1 or 2 players one booking away from a suspension I believe and no doubt the MIB know who they are…

We’ve 1 or 2 players one booking away from a suspension I believe and no doubt the MIB know who they are…
Didn't know that I thought the rules for suspension had changed. I think our top 3 players on yellows are Bitton Carter-Vickers and Welsh all on 5 each.
However If this is correct they are not in danger ?
Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban.
Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban.
Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.

We're getting a healthy situation where there's lots of competition for places now with players coming back from injury. So whoever gets a game will be eager to impress with the game on Wednesday the one the new guys want to play in.
As we're at home we should win comfortably but we can't be complacent, ever.
This is a big game for DU so they will be up for it, don't think they will park the bus though.
2-0. Jota G-Mak.

Back