Celtic v Dundee

Guchi back in the squad and no further injuries after Thursday. I would 'rest' Rogic and Taylor and start Hatate and Scales

Hart
Juranovic CCV Starfelt Scales
O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Abada Maeda Jota

Subs Bain Ralston Welsh Taylor Bitton Rogic Ideguchi GG Forrest

Watched them v Peterhead in the cup on Monday night and they were poor, Peterhead were the better team for an hour. They might get a new manager bounce but if we start fast like we normally do and get a couple of early goals we could hammer them again like the last time. Don't score early and it could be a long slog. Either way we should win by at least a couple.

Whatever line-up is chosen, I would welcome second-half appearances from Doak and Karamoko Dembele. Even with our January signing, we've gone off the boil and produced some stale performances. We need to reignite our fire. CalMac has performed well despite his facial injury, but we could afford to bench him for the first half and allow Bitton to be the CM. While I am in horses for courses mode, I would still choose Hart over Bain (even though I think Bain would be fine if picked) as I feel Joe has to stay sharp....and would be of benefit to big Jules if he gets the nod.

Aye, a lot of negativity among not just the noise, among the Celtic support in general, alright we've had a few games last month & this month, Ange's system takes it out the players legs, training hard, playing hard. Raith they came with a system too frustrate our game, 2nd half Jota was the key too opening it up & he did.

Thursday, THE VIKINGS came with a plan, they found a weakness in the System & exploited it the mid-field were missing Calmac sitting deep it stops the opposition going through the middle. Also central defenders, are trying too cover spaces left by full backs. So any pass the opposition chose they were exploiting the space.

Rant over, I'm going later today, eventually the kids sorted out what they were doing, dropped of Grandkids, hyper & wanting a board games night. Nae room in the bed a big dug, 3 weans & the Mrs I couldn't get comfy on the couch, so wide awake & hoping results go our way today, pump the dee & hope Utd take 2or3pts off theRanjurs.

☘COYBIG☘HAIL HAIL☘YNWA☘

All this about making changes is crazy, we must start with the strongest possible team available, the Huns play early afternoon and if they win then we have to ensure a victory, if the draw or lose then we again have to ensure a victory to pile on the pressure and take advantage of the situation, why the Fek we take chance messing about with the team is beyond me, the names being thrown around with the likes of Doak, Dembele, Scales, is bonkers,.

Win the game in the first half and then look to your bench.

if the game isn't going our way at the break then we need the strongest possible bench to ensure the win.

The League is the Golden Challis this season, take no chances or fekin prisoners on the way to achieving this. Treat every game as a final and utilize the strongest team at every opportunity.

No more of this resting players crap, play them, use them and sub them when required.

5-0 To the good bhoys.

Hail Hail

Also noticed we are evens favorites for a win on Thursday Bode a generous 2/1 almost. Do the bookies know something we dont. food for though.

On paper we should win this comfortably. Dundee have just appointed McGhee, who is serving a 6 match touchline ban, a strange appointment as noted by big Sutton.
This is a big game for us in terms of our ability to bounce back from a home defeat, albeit against a side who were a lot better than we expected.
I think Ange will have given a few a bollocking, he was raging at the way we played early in the game against Raith as picked up by the TV microphones.
Since the turn of the year we have rode our luck a little and even when dominating possession we are still guilty of squandering scoring opportunities.
Big GG has given us a more physical presence up front but he needs to find the back of the net more often, I think he will start today though.
I agree we need to field our best 11 today, as well as having a threat from the bench if needed.
The Huns will be full of confidence after their result against the real Huns so let's hope the other Dundee team (Utd) can bring them back to Earth with a bang.
No fucking about today, get the win, stay in control. 2-0.

Hart
Ralston CCV Starfelt Scales
Hatate Calmac O'Riley
Abada Maeda Jota
Bitton in for CalMac (still healing from his broken bones) in the second half
GG in for Maeda in the second half, and grabbing another goal
3-0 for the Bhoys
Jota, GG and Hatate to score

No more of this resting players crap, play them, use them and sub them when required.

5-0 To the good bhoys.

Hail Hail
Toad, you are welcome to your views, but that does not mean that those who do not agree are spouting crap.
Ange has a habit of talking about squad rotation....which effectively means resting players. I do not buy the argument that we have a 'strongest team', we have options that allow us to select a team to meet a particular challenge.

Whatever line-up is chosen, I would welcome second-half appearances from Doak and Karamoko Dembele. Even with our January signing, we've gone off the boil and produced some stale performances. We need to reignite our fire. CalMac has performed well despite his facial injury, but we could afford to bench him for the first half and allow Bitton to be the CM. While I am in horses for courses mode, I would still choose Hart over Bain (even though I think Bain would be fine if picked) as I feel Joe has to stay sharp....and would be of benefit to big Jules if he gets the nod.
Young Doak was way the youth team yesterday but karmoko was held back for today

After the disappointment of last weeks loss, my brother put it back in perspective
when he reminded me that my hope and want for this season was to win the league to stop them getting the CL money if nothing else.
I thot James Forest performance was back to his normal superb.

Toad, you are welcome to your views, but that does not mean that those who do not agree are spouting crap.
Ange has a habit of talking about squad rotation....which effectively means resting players. I do not buy the argument that we have a 'strongest team', we have options that allow us to select a team to meet a particular challenge.
100% correct. Ange usually freshens things up due to the physical toll taken on our players playing 2 high intensity matches every week for months on end.

Also we are suggesting small changes because there quite a few terrible performances on Thursday. These players are not being dumped, just dropped to the bench or for this game only.

I don't see why suggesting Scales is a terrible idea? We are at home against the bottom of the table side who will park the bus to try to avoid another 6-0 thrashing. Scales has scored twice in 12 appearances and set up several goals too. Doak is in as a sub because he is 1 of only 3 fit strikers we have available, and we are allowed to make 5 subs from 9 on the bench, and he has performed well whenever he has come on the pitch.

Latest posts

Back