Celtic v Dunfermline - Betfred Cup, All comments here

Well, oddly enough our attacking has been pretty good so far. Even against Cluj, our attacking was actually spot on. But my point was simply that we have far too many wingers in a team that desperately needs defenders.
I didn't see organized attacks as a team, only balls without a player to support them and make inpact inside the box area.Cluj won because of that.They knew when and how to attack. Also they won because we didn't deffend properly.That means we don't need desperately defenders but we need to modify how we can play and keep improving around it.We must learn not just to move the ball forward but to have quality when attacking and recover quickly when losing possesion.Otherwise we can't create a number of classic chances to score and at the same time we are being exposed at the back and it's a situation that could embarass even the best defenders in the world.

Also they won because we didn't deffend properly

In a game where we scored 3 goals and they scored 4, and while I concede that I'm not a professional footballer or football manager, I'm pretty sure you want to be focusing on the defence. Our attacking game against Cluj was actually very good. It was the inability to defend the transitions that lost us the match.

In a game where we scored 3 goals and they scored 4, and while I concede that I'm not a professional footballer or football manager, I'm pretty sure you want to be focusing on the defence. Our attacking game against Cluj was actually very good. It was the inability to defend the transitions that lost us the match.
We lost because when we lose possesion we can't recover quickly and return back to deff thats the reason, because they attacked as a team together with technique.We did well in counterattack too but when we have possesion we must attack with more quality and responsiveness creating classic chances and producing real pressure, not just corners and passing game.

I mentioned yesterday that the AB's and Celtic had both had unexpected losses last time and I wondered how the teams would respond. I correctly guessed that the AB would bounce back and triumph. There is a great book called Legacy that explains the team ethos that has made the All Blacks the greatest sports team in the world. It has lessons that apply to all sports and should be read by every sports manager in the world.

Couldn't watch it anywhere for some reason today. Usualy somewhere you can find it. I'll watch it on Celtic TV later tonight. Sounded like you are right though. All is not well.
We had to play a back four and we had to play our strongest team. I've been a supporter of Lenny but I'm worrying all is not well
strange found it difficult to log into game. online. Ok I'm in scotland on medium wave, online extremely difficult. Celtic get a grip, on radio channels at least. Internet been about for at least 20 yrs. I know dial up, and worked with sun micro. We are so far behind.

I mentioned yesterday that the AB's and Celtic had both had unexpected losses last time and I wondered how the teams would respond. I correctly guessed that the AB would bounce back and triumph. There is a great book called Legacy that explains the team ethos that has made the All Blacks the greatest sports team in the world. It has lessons that apply to all sports and should be read by every sports manager in the world.
Watched the game this morning, absolute canta at 36-0! If only we were that good but beginning tae think we dont even kno how tae put a team on the park! We are so disjointed at the bak & it looks like we've pissed £10M away on 2 Duds!!???..If this is the case they nd replaced & flog the 2 ae them bak tae whence they came! Hard lesson learned & I cannot think these are Lennons signings in which case whit the fuk is gon on!!?????

Who would have imagined a Celtic defence would buckle in an important qualifying game? I never thought i’d see the day.

Who would have imagined a Celtic defence would buckle in an important qualifying game? I never thought i’d see the day.
We're seeing it evry yr m8! Fitbaws no a difficult game if u buy players than kin play in their requisite position! Who the fuk had ever heard ae Julien or Bolingoli? Du Wei & Scheidt cum tae mind! I honestly think we need tae bin these 2 & start agane! Hell ae an EXPENSIVE mistake but these 2 are Utter PISH!!????? Get the cheque book oot Liewell!!????

Wtf what that today. Seriously get a grip Celtic or come up empty handed at season's end. We need a complete clear out top to bottom. Lawwells and his paymaster the masons have done our club up like a kipper. Who wants a strong sevco, lawwell does. He should have been putting us out of sight that no matter what they do over the clyde we can never be caught. The blame lies at Lawwells door no doubt, the board needs changing and we the support can change it. I have said my piece and I for one won't worry about negative responses from my fellow celts. Enough is enough imo, sick to the back teeth of being screwed year in year out by our incompetent board. A takeover would be more preferable than Desmond and Lawwell running our club. HH ☘️

Members online

Latest posts

Back