Celtic v Ferencvaros - Champions League 2nd Qualifier, Wednesday 26 August 7.45pm - all comments here

Press from the off, as some of you have said.

Elhamed has to start at RB - apparently their star man is likely to play down the left; plus, we might have to switch to 3-5-2 and the big man allows for that seamless change. He's gallus.

I'm a bit worried about Lenny's loyalty to Brown here. Without sounding like Harry Brady and Juco James, our captain's physical attributes have deteriorated massively: average Scottish midfielders are getting by him at a stroll. What might good European guys do? Opposition scouts will have definitely picked up on that

It's not going to happen, but I'd be so relieved to see a central three of McGregor-Christie-Ntcham starting.

2-1 Celtic. Christie to open the scoring, them to equalise after a daft mistake and Ajeti to come on and save us. Eddy to be class throughout.

Hopefully an entertaining match tonight. Tough one to call I'll leave it the rest of you to pick a score. The way we have been playing recently doesn't bode well for this game. This is a step up a huge one at that. Get through this tie and then anything is possible. But my heart says hoops to get through just, but my head is saying different. I'll go with my heart on this. C'mon the hoops. HH.

I noticed that Ladbrokes have the Hungarians down at 7/1 tonight - that's crazy odds. This is going to be a tight game and it could go either way. The anxiety levels aren't helped by the twitter rumour that Edouard is out, hopefully that's nonsense. An early goal then be patient for the second and give them nothing to hang onto to. 1-0 to Celtic....

PS the rumour is Eddie on the bench and Christie leading the line...

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back