Celtic v Ferencvaros - Champions League 2nd Qualifier, Wednesday 26 August 7.45pm - all comments here

I've already dealt with it
I meant will Neil Lennon deal with it and play a proven line up that works 🤔
So am I over it .
And anyone not100% for the team and 10 in a row get rid as soon as .
Hail Hail mon the hoops ☘🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮
The players and management team deserve criticism for losing to that mob last night but some of the comments ive read this morn have been a fuckin disgrace especially towards the manager.

Hopefully we don’t sell off our best like first time. But can’t trust a Masonic bastard up at our box office, hope to hell Im wrong?

I think we’ll sell at least 3 recognised first team players before the transfer window shuts.....Leicester are cashed up as they just sold a player for £50M and I would bet they will be paying us a visit.....it wouldn’t surprise me if a player or 3 have already been quietly approached and are favourable to a move.....money talks.....we simply have to get players in to the team quick smart.....who are good enough and totally committed enough to the cause.....the question I ask myself after the debacle with our Board’s attitude to Resolution 12 is.....are our custodians prepared to go to any lengths to keep the Huns viable?

We’ll know the answer to this soon enough...

The players and management team deserve criticism for losing to that mob last night but some of the comments ive read this morn have been a fuckin disgrace especially towards the manager.
I totally agree Tony 👍 disgrace.
I think it was the wrong set up.
But if we had scored a couple when we were playing some good stuff middle part of the game and won .
Would there still have been so many comments about how lenny got it all wrong 🤔🤔

Forrest not at races tonight. Frimpong on with 12 mins to go and showed more guile and passion. Age catching up with Broonie..
Why do we buy so many players and not give them a chance ?
Persisting with his favourites will cost Lennon his job.
How can Lennon claim that Klimala isn't fit ? If he has been training all summer , putting in extra hours and being dedicated then the only reason he isnt fit is that Lennon wont play him. He is certainly fit enough to start and play an hour.
Poor defensive midfield play exposes our defence every European qualifier but we persist with the same players.
His comments regarding Klimala makes you think he just wouldn't give shved a chance , always the excuse but would never play the player and stuck with jaimsie hide n seek

We lost, we deal with it, we move on
HH
But we dont fucking move on. We keep going round the same groove of zero ambition and cheapskate dithering. We keep buying players and hoping they won't be shite. They usually are and end up contributing fuck all when it matters. Taylor needs to be replaced as a matter of urgency. If he tries to cross a ball one more time when the defender has his cross covered I will put my boot through my telly. He never cuts inside when a defender commits, he just hits it off him time after time after fucking time. A total tactical shit show. Our minimum of two defensive howlers and playing with no striker? No, we dont move on unless the strategy changes and as long as that tight fisted, bonus ball cunt Lawell is running the show, nothing will change. Sick beyond words, but, here's the worst thing.

Not a single cunt of us is surprised. That's the main issue. We expect nights like that because we all know we never prepare ourselves for the CL. And please, no defending the board. Not today. You will only make yourself look stupid. And worse, not able to see the big picture. I'm away to stare oot ma windea. I may be some time.

Last edited:
The whole world can see Taylor isn't a threat is a wasted outlet and the play breaks down time and time again , yet the 2 clipboards and Lenny never think ''lets change the fkn problem ''

Only pas marks last night was ping pong who didn't mess about he got the ball ran at them and created chances something we should have been doing from the off ,this patient side to side shite we put up with the snake is creeping back and teams just sit in knowing well be along in 5-10 mins

we were for the large parts last night pedestrian and nobody in the dugout could see it

we move on the games gone now going for 10 will mask the problems that have never gone away ,,,,and for what bragging rights ,,,,,our support are easily conned

well done to the board you got to fk your customers over again

But we dont fucking move on. We keep going round the same groove of zero ambition and cheapskate dithering. We keep buying g pkayers and hoping they won't be shite. They usually are and end up contributing fuck all when ut matters. Taylor needs to be replaced as a matter of urgency. If he tries to cross a ball one more time when the defender has his cross covered I will put my boot through my telly. He never cuts inside when a defender commits, he just hits it off him time after time after fucking time. A total tactical shit show. Our minimum of two defensive howlers and playing with no striker? No, we dont move on unless the strategy changes and as long as that tight fisted, bonus ball cunt Lawell is running the show, nothing will change. Sick beyond words, but, here's the worst thing.

Not a single cunt of us is surprised. That's the main issue. We expect nights like that because we all know we never prepare ourselves for the CL. And please, no defending the board. Not today. You will only make yourself look stupid. And worse, not able to see the big picture. I'm away to stare oot ma windea. I may be some time.

Can’t really argue with your sentiments here.....you move on when you can see positive change.....the status quo simply isn’t good enough...

The whole world can see Taylor isn't a threat is a wasted outlet and the play breaks down time and time again , yet the 2 clipboards and Lenny never think ''lets change the fkn problem ''

Only pas marks last night was ping pong who didn't mess about he got the ball ran at them and created chances something we should have been doing from the off ,this patient side to side shite we put up with the snake is creeping back and teams just sit in knowing well be along in 5-10 mins

we were for the large parts last night pedestrian and nobody in the dugout could see it

we move on the games gone now going for 10 will mask the problems that have never gone away ,,,,and for what bragging rights ,,,,,our support are easily conned

With all respect Kelly.....I don’t think we’re all being conned.....Resolution 12 made sure of that.

As an aside.....I noted the other day that Auldheid said on CQN that Res 12 was continuing.....and would be doing so without the involvement of Peter Lawwell.....Auldheid has integrity.....so I’m hopeful he and those helping him are successful in their endeavours...

We have gone from using 2 strikers and storming the league, back to 1 and struggling to break teams down and now to 0 strikers.

This is not the Celtic I know of, inventive attacking football. I love Lennon, but playing Celtic with 0 strickers is a sackable offense in my book.

With all respect Kelly.....I don’t think we’re all being conned.....Resolution 12 made sure of that.

As an aside.....I noted the other day that Auldheid said on CQN that Res 12 was continuing.....and would be doing so without the involvement of Peter Lawwell.....Auldheid has integrity.....so I’m hopeful he and those helping him are successful in their endeavours...
That was there first mistake they involved Lawwell and used the long con

so i wish him well

I agree that the team were a lot poorer than us but better organised, which seems to be a recurring theme.

Our defence has been needing shored up for a while now and don't look like they know what they're doing half the time agreed.

The problem with the strike force is who is buying the players? Lenny obviously doesn't trust Klimala and it goes back to Rodgers when shved was signed and a few others, the scouting and player purchasing has been a shambles for a while. Like I keep saying to everyone for every Dembele there is 3-4 Boerrigter's.

I must disagree on the Europe part as that is where we gain credibility and respect as a club and as fans, if we play in the big time we attract more interest and we have packed stadiums because we are up against Europe and not the Hamiltons of this world.

Another issue is get the 10 all will be forgiven, why should it we should be winning the 10 no matter what, if this is the height of ambition to win a one horse league then the problem isn't just with Peter Lawell pocketing money for failings or the fact that the club needs a shake up from its foundations, it is also the mentality of the support, we plow so much money in to this club and we are getting beat of teams that dont match up to us financially, that to me spells something wrong and as long as we as fans are happy not to question them we will continue to be fleeced by the board and the puppets managing.

Hi Tbhoy, Cheers for taking the time to answer my post, its always good to get other fans viewpoints.

Re the 10 and European football, just to be clear its my view that this season only that the participation in European football means little to me, we dont have a right to be winning 10 no matter what, we have to earn it, yea we are favourites but we were up against a team that were 7/1 to win at Celtic park last night. The overwhelming feeling i get from fans is the chance to win 10 comes around so little in one's life that its the aim for this season for most.

And I hope I never see the day when Celtic fans wont stand up to the board when they feel its warranted .

As much as I enjoy a European run I think it would be a distraction this season we could do without.

H.H

Hi Tbhoy, Cheers for taking the time to answer my post, its always good to get other fans viewpoints.

Re the 10 and European football, just to be clear its my view that this season only that the participation in European football means little to me, we dont have a right to be winning 10 no matter what, we have to earn it, yea we are favourites but we were up against a team that were 7/1 to win at Celtic park last night. The overwhelming feeling i get from fans is the chance to win 10 comes around so little in one's life that its the aim for this season for most.

And I hope I never see the day when Celtic fans wont stand up to the board when they feel its warranted .

As much as I enjoy a European run I think it would be a distraction this season we could do without.

H.H

Hey man

I totally understand that the ten is something that only happens so little. I also know that our friends across the city will be throwing everything at it to stop the ten, even though they don't acknowledge we won the previous nine because they imploded.

I do fully believe though that we should have the resources capable enough of challenging on two fronts and if not why? I'm not saying we should win the champions league etc.. but we should be capable of at least getting there and maybe getting out of the group stages.

My biggest gripe just now is the hypocrisy from Lawell and Co on how we are a champions league team held back by our league and the financial disparity is what stops us competing, that's absolute crap in my opinion how about we start being able to beat teams like Cluj, Copenhagen, AEK and now Ferencvaros, who are less fortunate than us financially, before we start moaning about how we cant compete with the 'big boys' anymore. Respect is earned not given.

I personally believe that there is serious problems underlying from the boardroom to the coaching aspect that needs to be addressed.

I fully respect your opinion and I am just basically putting across mine and maybe venting a little for all the disappointment over the last few years 😂

But we dont fucking move on. We keep going round the same groove of zero ambition and cheapskate dithering. We keep buying players and hoping they won't be shite. They usually are and end up contributing fuck all when it matters. Taylor needs to be replaced as a matter of urgency. If he tries to cross a ball one more time when the defender has his cross covered I will put my boot through my telly. He never cuts inside when a defender commits, he just hits it off him time after time after fucking time. A total tactical shit show. Our minimum of two defensive howlers and playing with no striker? No, we dont move on unless the strategy changes and as long as that tight fisted, bonus ball cunt Lawell is running the show, nothing will change. Sick beyond words, but, here's the worst thing.

(y)(y)

Sum here talk as if dis is a once off! NFL pickd a team 2 manage same shambles twice last season, CL & Europa
its a fukin habit n not good enuff

NFL so klueless n full of rage last night, post match he evn 4got 2 mention or did not c - dat d ref cheated us oot a MO goal n changd play booking broony bcoz of screams.

Bcoz even NFL knows dat - nun of dat shud hav countd, We are CELTIC with MILLIONS in d bank n not a bankrupt sevco

Last edited:
Hi Tet,it was BBC sportsound,just after the game,interviewed by kerridine whatshisname
I saw a tweet attributed to that name

but when I read link the quote wasn't that

did you actually hear him say those words?

strange that if he said that its not being paraded by MSM

with the quote available.

It may well be the malicious type of FF false news to stir anger even more.

thats why I was hoping to read the quote verbatim.

Hey man

I totally understand that the ten is something that only happens so little. I also know that our friends across the city will be throwing everything at it to stop the ten, even though they don't acknowledge we won the previous nine because they imploded.

I do fully believe though that we should have the resources capable enough of challenging on two fronts and if not why? I'm not saying we should win the champions league etc.. but we should be capable of at least getting there and maybe getting out of the group stages.

My biggest gripe just now is the hypocrisy from Lawell and Co on how we are a champions league team held back by our league and the financial disparity is what stops us competing, that's absolute crap in my opinion how about we start being able to beat teams like Cluj, Copenhagen, AEK and now Ferencvaros, who are less fortunate than us financially, before we start moaning about how we cant compete with the 'big boys' anymore. Respect is earned not given.

I personally believe that there is serious problems underlying from the boardroom to the coaching aspect that needs to be addressed.

I fully respect your opinion and I am just basically putting across mine and maybe venting a little for all the disappointment over the last few years 😂
I think our players are good enough

if they are utilised effectively

But its not so easy to play gunging ho against weaker teams week in week out then switch to savvy system against better teams.

But thats why manager needs to have varied systems and grounded clear plans thats drilled into team.

Sadly lennon doesn't agree.

he thinks players should play his system off to his specs without actually telling them what his specs are.

they should know just by being picked.

Anyway

II agree with your post fully, we should be able to play better than we do against less resource backed teams.

I thought lennon was system savvy and good leader

I no longer think those things.

I also think lawell should go.

Not for being penny pincher but for allowing torpor and hubris to grow arms and legs and silence in the face of clear and present hearsay.

Last edited:

100% Kelly about Taylor,but the big problem we have is,we dont have anybody to replace him with.
I scream at him everytime I see him running 20 yards up the line then the brakes go on and he launches the ball back 30 yards,I keep asking myself,,, is he rehearsing a part that someday he might have to put that ball into the box..

HH.

Yes Lubo,the best thing which happened tonight is we kept their scoring chances down to 2,,hate to think what would have happened if we had given them 4 chances..

HH.
Positive

Well lennon after match chats show he is not fit to be manager which could be positive since we have a chance to address the lack of systems discipline by changing manager while we have full season to win league.

he chose not to play his own signings to cover cf

he needs to go because his weird choice of out of position players in a system they dont appear to understand is alarming

and he spent fortune on guys he doesn't think are better than the players not performing very well in the role he chose.

the system failed Neil Lennon, your system, the players you picked failed coz you picked em over others and their failure is because you picked them.

Not the players, although they contributed.

The buck stops with you Neil

You had many many nights where your system needed tweaked bot got away with it.

You didn't learn from the mistakes.

You allowed hubris and torpor to set in by praising shite

then blaming others when the same shite system loses.

The positive is this season is salvageable. But it requires a new manager with better systems.

Members online

Latest posts

Back