Celtic v hamilton thread

2 young enthusiastic players who really pushed themselves and worked their arses off today D.

I think the management are asking a lot of them and some of what's being asked is not suited to their game but I've got nothing but praise for how both those bhoys played, their contribution, effort and work rate was first class.
Struggling to see what EL houssiyousi brings to the team. ( forgive the spelling).

Struggling to see what EL houssiyousi brings to the team. ( forgive the spelling).

EL houssiyousi :ROFLMAO: That's what I'm calling him from noo on!

I like him TGS, he's a clever player, good eye for a pass and a good turn of pace. Thought he was quite creative in the early stages and linked up well with Taylor but he tailed off a bit early in the 2nd half.

My only gripe with him is he needs to learn how drop the shoulder and go round a player better. He has this daft habit of just running straight into defenders like he expects them to move out his road or something. Somebody needs to tell him they're called defenders for a reason, they're no gonnae step aside and wave at him as he runs in on goal :LOL: It's a bizarre trait.

EL houssiyousi :ROFLMAO: That's what I'm calling him from noo on!

I like him TGS, he's a clever player, good eye for a pass and a good turn of pace. Thought he was quite creative in the early stages and linked up well with Taylor but he tailed off a bit early in the 2nd half.

My only gripe with him is he needs to learn how drop the shoulder and go round a player better. He has this daft habit of just running straight into defenders like he expects them to move out his road or something. Somebody needs to tell him they're called defenders for a reason, they're no gonnae step aside and wave at him as he runs in on goal :LOL: It's a bizarre trait.
Fair enough shadow, but would you pay £17m for him? Genuinely don't think he's that great mate
Imo had one game against Hibs semi (sc) and ain't seen enough to put me in his fan club.

Fair enough shadow, but would you pay £17m for him? Genuinely don't think he's that great mate
Imo had one game against Hibs semi (sc) and ain't seen enough to put me in his fan club.

£17m? Short answer naw I don't think he's worth that sort of money mate, that's just a daft EPL 'mare money than sense' sort of fee but I do think he's got some talent in his locker and I think we'll see it more as the season goes on. (y)

£17m? Short answer naw I don't think he's worth that sort of money mate, that's just a daft EPL 'mare money than sense' sort of fee but I do think he's got some talent in his locker and I think we'll see it more as the season goes on. (y)
Hope am proved wrong shadow would gladly take a gallon of coffee with humble pie, EPL is mental no doubt but go try buy him and match his wages.👍

To be fair NJ I would like to see frimpong pushed futher up the field, give Forrest some competition for his place.
Not slating jamesy by any means but a dearth of competition for that spot.
Hoping Karamoko will push Jamesy a bit this season, we can't hold that kid back. I definitely see merit in Frimpong further forward but with only Elhamed to cover and his having to carry a personal injury alarm, I think we'll need to persevere with Frimpong as a full back for now. To be fair he's pretty good and learning all the time (y)

I think you've got to look at where a player's natural talent lies and coach them into refining that talent and deploying it where it's most effective instead of trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Taylor's natural talent lies in his defensive capabilities yet we're trying to coach him into being more of an attacking threat, Frimpong's natural talent lies in his attacking capabilities yet we're asking him to drop back and defend.

I think both played really well today, Frimpong especially but you could see these bhoys and the team were being unnecessarily stretched at times because of what they were being asked to do and when better teams than Hamilton start exploiting that these bhoys are going to come in for criticism and I think that's unfair on them because they're being asked to perform roles that don't suit their natural game.
Can't really argue except natural game or not they are going to have to learn, and to be fair they are doing that. If they are exposed at times we need to make sure we adapt to counter that. Boli isn't fancied, Elhamed isn't always available so until that changes we need to get on with it. I think both can be taught and can learn.

Really enjoyed that game for an opener with no crowd could easily have been a one nil bore . We are playing as a team fast and slick we will scare alot of teams this season. I'm reading a bit of criticism about our central defenders but did you notice the time they spent in the final third . Our defence had a good day at the office a double deflection which is a rarity the only blemish. There were no passengers in that game everyone put a lot of effort into that win . As fans we shouldn't criticise individuals as we don't know what's going on in the background. Like carrying a niggling injury or any personal stuff . To be signed by Celtic you must be a good player but sometimes the expectation of playing for our club is too much for some . Living in the Glasgow fishbowl can't be easy . I've seen enough to get very excited and expectant for this season . Hail Hail

Thought it was a good game to start the season,not perfect but put on a show of what we have,yes we still need to add a strong defender to stiffen the defence,a very comfortable start,thought Bain unlucky with the goal and the rest of the team worked for the 90,back at the top good start HH

IMG-20200803-WA0003.jpg

Those bastards going all out the get eddy sold. They know their team are fucking gash and are trying to disrupt. Lawell please offer him whatever it takes, we qualify for the CL he plays great and we get a double payout for him next year. I hate being reduced to hoping, but right now I'm hoping like fuck.

Replying to

@RhebelRhebel

and

@Pmacgiollabhain

Interesting that

@BBCScotland

have removed Michael Stewart from tv to appease another team and then also put a former player from the same team in the anchor seat. There’s pandering and then there’s this.

EecnGn5WAAYfCEc.jpg

You pay a tv licence that pays this guy’s wages, yet you are paying for this tax fraudster whom the BBC employ knowing he had committed tax fraud.

Replying to

@RhebelRhebel

and

@Pmacgiollabhain

Interesting that

@BBCScotland

have removed Michael Stewart from tv to appease another team and then also put a former player from the same team in the anchor seat. There’s pandering and then there’s this.

View attachment 10453

You pay a tv licence that pays this guy’s wages, yet you are paying for this tax fraudster whom the BBC employ knowing he had committed tax fraud.
Thompson was like a 3rd year pupil doing a filmed media module and was as stuttery and disjointed that earned the pupil the assessment to, "try woodwork son."

Fucking awful.

Jamesy spent much
View attachment 10452

Those bastards going all out the get eddy sold. They know their team are fucking gash and are trying to disrupt. Lawell please offer him whatever it takes, we qualify for the CL he plays great and we get a double payout for him next year. I hate being reduced to hoping, but right now I'm hoping like fuck.

As if Lenny will have sleepless nights worrying about Rodgers sneaking about. Sure his stupid white teeth probably glow in the dark.

Back