Celtic v Hearts, Wed 8th March at 7:45pm

Bridie Bhoy

This could be an important night for the league as we welcome 3rd placed Hearts to Paradise as sevco head to Easter Road. We are almost at full strength with only Jamesie Forrest out for the next few weeks with a strain.

Alan Muir is on MIB duty and Nick Walsh is doing VAR from the Louden Bar, so expect the usual fun and games as they try to find new ways to screw us over!

Saturday lunchtime's home cup tie is probably more important to the Jam Farts so don't be surprised if they rest a couple of players and we receive some "tasty" challenges to take out some stars for that game.

I wouldn't expect too many changes for the first of the vital double header match-ups against the Salt'n'Sauce Brethern. I wonder if Maeda might drop to the bench for Abada or will he keep Liel as an impact sub? The other question is whether Shammy let's Matt away in time for kick off or whether Mooy keeps his starting role?

Hart
Johnston Carter-Vickers Starfelt Taylor
Mooy CalMac Hatate
Jota Kyogo Abada

I predict a hard first half and we will ease away in the second half. Also Jobbie Neilson will whinge like hell about being cheated in some borderline decision that was actually correct while ignoring how his team benefited from multiple acts of thuggery going unpunished (why not - he does after every other bloody game he loses to us!).

Think that Abada will replace Maeda in the starting 11 and possibly O'Riley for Mooy. Their team will be interesting, with greeting face prioritise Saturday and leave out some of his first choices or will he go full strength.
Either way we need to start fast, score early and try to kill the game in the first half.

Hart
Johnston CCV Starfelt Taylor
O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Abada Kyogo Jota
Subs Bain Ralston Kobayashi Iwata Mooy Turnbull Haksabanovic Oh Maeda

3-0 win, 2 up at half time

This could be an important night for the league as we welcome 3rd placed Hearts to Paradise as sevco head to Easter Road. We are almost at full strength with only Jamesie Forrest out for the next few weeks with a strain.

Alan Muir is on MIB duty and Nick Walsh is doing VAR from the Louden Bar, so expect the usual fun and games as they try to find new ways to screw us over!

Saturday lunchtime's home cup tie is probably more important to the Jam Farts so don't be surprised if they rest a couple of players and we receive some "tasty" challenges to take out some stars for that game.

I wouldn't expect too many changes for the first of the vital double header match-ups against the Salt'n'Sauce Brethern. I wonder if Maeda might drop to the bench for Abada or will he keep Liel as an impact sub? The other question is whether Shammy let's Matt away in time for kick off or whether Mooy keeps his starting role?

Hart
Johnston Carter-Vickers Starfelt Taylor
Mooy CalMac Hatate
Jota Kyogo Abada

I predict a hard first half and we will ease away in the second half. Also Jobbie Neilson will whinge like hell about being cheated in some borderline decision that was actually correct while ignoring how his team benefited from multiple acts of thuggery going unpunished (why not - he does after every other bloody game he loses to us!).
This is the same starting XI I thought to myself earlier.

Think Maeda could do with a little time recharging and Abada is coming on strong, right now he's the only change I think there'll be.

We haven't really seen Ange stick with the same starting XI much this season from match to match but that couldve also been through little knocks and rotation.

It looks to me that when everyone's fit the starting XI will be the side you listed above with Maeda replacing Abada again, Abada the impact sub same for Haksabanovic at this time.

Jota I think he'll start because of how much he got out of getting that goal when the crowd were goading him and ramming it down the filthy swear mouths around the SMISA Stadium in Paisley.

Great confidence affirmation just when he was having a wee woble.
He needs that wee boost hopefully will do him the world of good and kick him onto better next time out.

I'm confident regarding scoreline 4-1 (a diet-hunVARpen ) similar to St Mirren game but they will try to come at us more leaving themselves open.

Don't think he'll tinker with the midfield but been wrong so many times this season but how comfortable and secure does having Iwata, Oriley and Turnbull in reserve make you feel?

I feel really secure about that.

Domestically I'd be confident these 3 in for Calmac , Mooy and Hatate wouldn't make us even skip a beat the transition is seamless.

#SquadOfTheChampions

I have little doubt Neilson will choose a team to physically get in and about us.

I expect some agricultural tackling from the diet Huns which will go unpunished until late in the game as per usual when it doesn't matter.

They will no doubt target McGregor and Hatate I reckon, as they make us tick, and if they can injure some of our players they know it could keep them out of the cup game to follow.

This is a game where we will have to be right on it from the start. A high tempo with crisp accurate passing and lots of movement is what's required here. Don't allow them the opportunity to leave the foot in. Keep them chasing shadows.

Let's really turn it on Celtic...

My take on the Abada or Maeda thing, I agree Abada probably shades it atm however I'd be more inclined to keep him on the bench and allow Maeda to run the legs of off them on our pitch, Abada more suited to a tighter ground like the Gorgie Midden.

O'Riely in instead of Mooy I reckon as his forward moving and passing is more of whats needed against hearts...

So

Big Joe

AJ CCV Starfelt Taylor.

O'Riely Calmac Hatate

Jota Kyogo Maeda.

4 nuffin and the VAR Lodge to ignore 7 off the ball incidents against our players from Japan.

Goals by Kyogo, OH.. Haka and the bet of the day Starfelt at any time.

P. S Meltdown in Edina as the spoonies beat the reincarnated sons of the devil.

It'll be rough but we'll win 3-1.

Mini huns will be out to maim so that we'll have injuries by the weekend.

They know that if we win this game then we'll also beat them at the weekend so I don't expect them to play nicely.

MIB and VAR have to be beaten too so a wee handball will aid the Farts.

WE NEVER STOP. 🍀

Think that Abada will replace Maeda in the starting 11 and possibly O'Riley for Mooy. Their team will be interesting, with greeting face prioritise Saturday and leave out some of his first choices or will he go full strength.
Either way we need to start fast, score early and try to kill the game in the first half.

Hart
Johnston CCV Starfelt Taylor
O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Abada Kyogo Jota
Subs Bain Ralston Kobayashi Iwata Mooy Turnbull Haksabanovic Oh Maeda

3-0 win, 2 up at half time
I like that team but why is Seigrest not on the bench ? Is he injured or have I missed something ?

I expect it to be a robust one. Probably even a kick fest. Every little niggle or knock they can inflict on us will be a bonus towards Saturday for them, which will be their main focus. Just get the three points.
Not to mention the MIB getting in the way as we move forward
Unintentional of course :rolleyes:
3-1 to the Bhoys
We'll get an early yellow, either AJ or Greg Taylor, just to give the MIB, an opportunity to get us down to 10 men at some point
We never stop
We move on, and win the league

COYBIG

Members online

Latest posts

Back