Celtic v Hearts - Wednesday 12 February, Celtic Park kick off 7.45pm - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
After an extended run of away games, all negotiated successfully and with some real style, Celtic are back in Paradise on Wednesday night in the top versus bottom Premiership clash. Hearts are already talking about not risking some players as the Hamilton game at the weekend is more important to them so that's an indication of how this one should pan out. They'll try to park the bus and frustrate Celtic.

Leigh Griffiths and Odsonne Edouard will be back as will Fraser Forster, Callum McGregor and Jozo Simunovic.

Neil Lennon is likely to go with a 3-5-2 after reverting to a 4-2-3-1 against Clyde.

Team could look like this, although there may be a temptation to play Ryan Christie.

Forster

Ajer, Simunovic, Jullien

Forrest, McGregor, Brown, Ntcham, Taylor

Edouard and Griffiths

Highland Paddy has some great pics of the old Celtic Park up today on The Celtic Star. I remember being in the Jungle in the early 1980s - 1 April 1981 actually - and Celtic thrashed Hearts 6-0 with the Jungle signing "April Fools, April Fools, April Fools...Hearts I think were bottom of the league then too, oh and they stayed there and got relegated. This was Celtic's highest ever victory over Hearts until December 2013 when we beat them 7-0 at Tynecastle.

GW931H675.jpeg

Celtic might not hit them for six as that exciting Celtic team in 1981 did, or seven as the 2013 Hoops managed through at their place, but five would do nicely.

The Celtic team that April Fools night was

Bonner

McGrain, McAdam, Aitken, Reid

Sullivan, MacLeod, Burns

Provan, McGarvey, McCluskey

Subs - Conroy, Nicholas (coming back from injury)

GW1020H564.jpeg

Scorers were McCluskey 23 pen, 48, MacLeod 62, 75, McGarvey 29, Provan 24. The crowd was just 13,300 although arithmetic was never a strong point for the old board. This was a fine Celtic side.

I wonder how the Celtic team listed above would do against this Celtic team from 1981? Thoughts anyone?

Wednesday night? I reckon Celtic 5 Hearts 0.

A very important game and unfortunately whoever took the decision to make Celtic the only club in Europe whose far flung and nearby fans can't watch it after they blocked access, I hope their next shite is a hedgehog, breach.

But apart from that. Hopefully a good performance and a few more goals.

Last edited:
Looks like us illegal streamers will be pissing in the wind

going for a tight 2-1 ,weather will ruin the game ,hopefully there's a power surge and all they boaxs get fried

Collums the twat in the middle and sevco have cheaton yet again the sniveling goat fiddler gets the sevco game ,,,must be a record in the making

Members online

Latest posts

Back