Celtic v Hibs Saturday 18th March 2023 at 3pm

I've just watched the highlights on Sportscene and I'm not surprised the 3 huns on the programme all thought the Celtic penalty was soft. What's all the shit about the BBC being unbiased? Not in Scotland where you get 3 huns commenting on a Celtic game!

Still 9 points in front ya dobbers.
Me tae.....Couldny believe half they were saying.....they dinny even hide it noo.....

Below par performance from a few players today,Hibs happy to do everything in their power to slow the game and put the boot in. Starfelt needlessly pulling the guys shirt and if OH didn't score with his header would we have got a penalty for the holding and pulling of him I think not. Good to come away with the 3points hopefully the players injuries will have cleared up during the international break we will need all the squad for for the run in and the cip.

Below par performance from a few players today,Hibs happy to do everything in their power to slow the game and put the boot in. Starfelt needlessly pulling the guys shirt and if OH didn't score with his header would we have got a penalty for the holding and pulling of him I think not. Good to come away with the 3points hopefully the players injuries will have cleared up during the international break we will need all the squad for for the run in and the cip.
We could never be critical of Ange but the question that needs answered
why do you stick with Starfelt he is a bomb scare and has cost us over the season.
We got a penalty against St Mirren for exactly what he done today.
Not one of our local group of Tims has anytime for him.
Especially when you think of the two excellent centrehalfs we let go.
One is playing in the top division of France & the other is playing so well in Germany he is being named as a future Germany centrehalf & we keep the bomb scare

Hibs = Shitebags, if they had stayed on the front foot yesterday and kept the press on on Starfelt Turnbull and Taylor they could have got something.... But no they would rather play spoiling tactics at every opportunity, first half after Reo went off we lost our way, but credit were its due they stuck at it and trusted Ange's mantra to come out tops again.

And it was good to see a couple of subs come on and score I'm sure it made that twat from the evening Times choke on his supper the prick..

Get it up yeah spoon burners, a team of pathetic whimpering cheats, chasing after the ref demanding every decision is looked at in the var Lodge.... Yea Hibs'd it ya diddys AGAIN...

Motm for me was Calmac as he carried Turnbull in that first half when he was poor, got better second half but done himself no favours imho..

Me tae.....Couldny believe half they were saying.....they dinny even hide it noo.....
So mad watching that cosy little bluenose bunch - so - apparently never a sending off, Starfelt dived to get the Hibs boy booked for the first one, second one apparently CCVs fault for getting kicked in the face by a boy already on a booking, Hibs penalty no doubt about it - tho the ref never saw it and no Hibs player claimed - decision made at Clydebank and called in, CCV dived to get our penalty and Starfelt pushed a boy out the way for Oh's goal. Bitterness is so bad you can smell it. Surprised they didn't get Kenny Miller to dial in.

why do you stick with Starfelt he is a bomb scare and has cost us over the season.
One is playing in the top division of France & the other is playing so well in Germany he is being named as a future Germany centrehalf & we keep the bomb scare
I agree that Starfelt has a brainfart in him but I guess the reason Ange stands by him is that whenever him and Carter-Vickers have started a domestic game together we are unbeaten. It must be about 50 matches now with 1 draw and the rest victories.

I'd say Cameron is the senior pal in that pairing but Carl must be doing a lot right - especially considering Angeball exposes our CBs a lot by pushing both full backs up the pitch and we don't play a deep lying defensive midfielder like Broony or Lennon to assist them.

Personally I would prefer a CCV/Kobayashi pairing in the long-term but - in my opinion - Starfelt isn't as awful as many fans make out!

I agree that Starfelt has a brainfart in him but I guess the reason Ange stands by him is that whenever him and Carter-Vickers have started a domestic game together we are unbeaten. It must be about 50 matches now with 1 draw and the rest victories.

I'd say Cameron is the senior pal in that pairing but Carl must be doing a lot right - especially considering Angeball exposes our CBs a lot by pushing both full backs up the pitch and we don't play a deep lying defensive midfielder like Broony or Lennon to assist them.

Personally I would prefer a CCV/Kobayashi pairing in the long-term but - in my opinion - Starfelt isn't as awful as many fans make out!
The stats speak for themselves.

One other important thing to come out of yesterday's game is that on certain occasions playing another striker alongside Kyogo is an option. I thought him and Oh together up front worked well as it gave our opponents much more to think about defenfing their own box.

The only other time I can remember us going 2 up front was when Giakoumakis joined Kyogo as we successfully chssed the game at sevco.

This should be an option we use more often against very deep lying bus parkers.

I've just watched the highlights on Sportscene and I'm not surprised the 3 huns on the programme all thought the Celtic penalty was soft. What's all the shit about the BBC being unbiased? Not in Scotland where you get 3 huns commenting on a Celtic game!

Still 9 points in front ya dobbers.
I personally thought their level and unbiased assessment of the game was spot on (no I f*****g didn't ) the 3 of them spouting absolute pish about how the bad camera angles at Motherwell have to be taken into consideration for rankers 3rd goal ,the same bad camera angles that chopped off a legitimate Celtic goal not long ago,

Whether we like him or not bud the statistics back up we haven’t lost a game when he and CCV have played and the penalty yesterday we’ll do you think we’ll ever get one of those. No didn’t think so
He’s been an easy target in this part of the world and the Mibbs and now VAR go after him. But and this is the main thing
The Big Aussie guy in charge picks him every time and in one interview defended Starfelt to the hilt afterall if as you say he’s costing us then why are we still top of the league by Nine points
Yes Starfelt makes mistakes but show me a player that doesn’t
Mistakes happen by every player in this Celtic team but supposedly Starfelt’s are the most easy for our supporters to highlight and target and the 2 players who left they didnae want to stay so Ange said bye bye he moved on to the ones that wanted to be here. So if Ange picks them
That’ll do for me.
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops
We never stop

HH 🍀

I think that pairing will eventually happen.

Kobayashi was bought with one eye on Europe. He is a left sided centre back which will give us better balance. He also is a good distributor of the ball.

He’s being given plenty time to settle in, and as the partnership of CCV and Starfelt is consistently winning games, I think the feeling is, it would be the wrong time right now to break it up.

I wouldn’t be surprised however, if we sold Starfelt at the end of the season and made money on him.

Ange is a planner. I think we will see players coming and going regularly under his reign. This will suit our business model, player’s ambitions and the way Ange operates in freshening things up and continually evolving…

Members online

No members online now.

Back