Celtic v Hibs - Scottish Premiership, Sunday 27 September, all comments here

It may have taken a good while for that preformance today but still in no douth that there is more and better to come yet. The benchmark has now been set thankfully. I would be a big fan of Jules and now he will have to fight to get his place back in the team and when he dose will have to keep playing well in order to keep it. The real beauty now is that rule applies to everyone eddy included. To have real choices Turnbull or Christie both would walk into any other team in Scotland. Feeling so confident for the rest of the season ahead now as we are only going to get better.

Barcas
Frimpong, Duffy, Ajer, Luca
Calmac, Christie, Soro, Turnbull
Eddie Griff. or Ajeti

Hibs always have a go and they will again on Sunday. So far, playing with three men down has, to me, been the major cause of our problems. I have no doubt of that. we now have players injured and that gives Lenny the excuse to leave his apse out, which is a fucking disgrace that he couldn't see they needed left out, or worse, didn't have the bottle to do what needed to be done. With Forrest and Brown out I am hopeful that things will improve. If Taylor gets a start tomorrow then Lenny can fuck right off. He's bought two LB imposters and he needs to take the hit for absolutely zero judgement there and play Luca, or one of the fucking ball boys.

I think with the changes and fresh energy playing with 11 players will give us, we will put the Hibees to the sword. 4.0
Worked out quite well the day,not seen much of Luca and Soro to know how good they are so neither would start for me.

Can't believe no one picked up a booking for the treatment they dished out on frimpong today. At the beginning of the match when he went on a run the gogic snapped him, made no attempt to get the ball, should have been a booking. Then everyone had a kick at him throughout the match with no punishment...it was a fucking joke!!
I was raging watching the replay in slow mo, that was a red card, as if you watch it, he is looking at where he wanted to plant his foot, right on the wee man's ankle
Nice to see (as you say Boab) that our Bhoys showed some fight when the tackles started flying in
Big Shane Duffy looks the part, takes no prisoners and will be there to back up our players when the going gets rough, although he went on the wrong side and got shoved aside quite easily that one play
I thought big Nir strolled it again today, and the way wee Taylor got back to cover was outstanding, he'll come good, as long as we remember he's a left back, and is being asked to play in a system where he bombs forward, something he's not used to previously
Some of his crosses were spot on and better finishing, would have resulted in more goals
CalMac, different class, Turnbull & Soro looked good
Hope we get to see more of them

On to Thursday Bhoys & Ghirls
HH

Last edited:
I think Bitton has got himself into the team full time. I know I’ve always said that he is a midfielder but he’s definitely doing the job in defence. He was brilliant yesterday. In fact I don’t think there was a failure, plus a strong bench. The “thunder’ was back yesterday.

Absolutely fantastic result yesterday against a very good side.

I don't share NL's ever so slightly over the top assessment that it was one of the best performances EVER throughout BOTH his spells in charge.

It was however a massive improvement on what we've been producing of late.

There was some snap in our play yesterday. Some urgency that has been missing was returned in spades at 3pm on the hallowed turf.

Probably, because it's been long absent, Neil described it in overly glowing terms. It wasn't near one of his best team performances but it was a huge leap forward for us this season.

If you were to be critical, then perhaps Hibs got into too many decent areas in the first half, without ever actually threatening Barkas' goal.

Second half, despite scoring one less than the first half, was the best football we've played since lockdown.

Frimpong was a menace and, as much as I love Jamesy, he has to start now.

Brown defied time and the aging process once more.

Calmac (my fav Celt) strolled it.

Duffy, after some worrying signs in the first half, finally looked comfortable at the back.

Bitton must stay in the back three.

I'm now utterly convinced that Taylor is the Duracell Bunny. He must be one of the best trainers at Celtic Park

Turnbull was born ready for the Celtic challenge. The lad looked every inch a starter.

Finally, losing Ajeti, even for a couple of games, is now a hammer blow. He's scoring every fifty minutes he's on the pitch! 😳

More, much, much more of the same from now on please Celtic.

HH guys 🇳🇬🍀🇳🇬🍀🇳🇬

Back