Celtic v Hibs - Scottish Premiership, Sunday 27 September, all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Celtic face dangerous opponents tomorrow at an empty Celtic Park. How come it's okay to pack fresher students into halls of residence like sardines yet it's not okay to allow even a few hundred supporters to share 60,000 seats at Paradise? Is it time we started pointing this out collectively?

With Forrest out and Brown a major doubt the team will probably be more like the one the club's new Twitter management committee has decreed should start.

Riga FC were no mugs and their negative style against bigger teams has proved to be successful on their own ground until Thursday night. All that mattered was the win, so move on.

The team could look something like this...

Barkas

Ajer, Duffy, Bitton

Frimpong, Turnbull, McGregor, Christie, Elyounoussi

Edouard, Ajeti.

Meanwhile Jack Ross, after the disappointment of dropping two points last weekend, is eyeing three points at Celtic Park.

Prediction? Celtic 3 Hibs 1 COYBIG.

Decent team WC has posted.....so nay chance of that happening then 😂.

Hope he does however I think Elhamed will come into play with a back four.

Barkas.

Elhamed Duffy Bitton Taylor.

#Turnbull/Brown# and McGregor.

Frimpone Ryan Mo.

Ajeti.

# Brown if fit otherwise David T.#

3 nil the hoops. Ajeti Duffy Frimpone to score.

for me i would like to see a few positive changes.
Barkus
bitton duffy jullien {if fit}
Pingpong Mcgregor Turnbull Elyounoussi

Christie
Ajeti Eddie

Would love to see how that team would perform.

But i also know whats coming as im not as daft as my typing looks.

I've gone celtic to win 3-1.

And a wee question to all the people who are having a go at us who aren't happy about the way we have been playing. Should we all be huns?? They were told Pedro was the new jose and they swallow swallowed it. He was a genius right up till the minute he was sacked. Even though sutton, the world and his dog were saying they were shit, they still shouted about this being their year and they were going for 55. Then we had Warburton, the future England manager. Under him they were going for 55, they were the simply the best up until he was sacked by sky sports news. Now they have slippy, future Liverpool manager. The huns haven't got any better. Yet they sing about how they are the best. We enjoy this as Celtic fans. We talk about daludimol. Now we have our own fans who want us to start popping their pills. "Twitter managers, get behind the team, stop being so critical." Seems we have to be pretendy huns and kid on everything is awsome. Ill continue to have a moan about celtic as long as we continue to play how we are playing. When we start playing how i know we can then ill stop moaning. Im not any less a celtic fan. I want my team to play well and win well.

I've gone celtic to win 3-1.

And a wee question to all the people who are having a go at us who aren't happy about the way we have been playing. Should we all be huns?? They were told Pedro was the new jose and they swallow swallowed it. He was a genius right up till the minute he was sacked. Even though sutton, the world and his dog were saying they were shit, they still shouted about this being their year and they were going for 55. Then we had Warburton, the future England manager. Under him they were going for 55, they were the simply the best up until he was sacked by sky sports news. Now they have slippy, future Liverpool manager. The huns haven't got any better. Yet they sing about how they are the best. We enjoy this as Celtic fans. We talk about daludimol. Now we have our own fans who want us to start popping their pills. "Twitter managers, get behind the team, stop being so critical." Seems we have to be pretendy huns and kid on everything is awsome. Ill continue to have a moan about celtic as long as we continue to play how we are playing. When we start playing how i know we can then ill stop moaning. Im not any less a celtic fan. I want my team to play well and win well.

Until we start playing players on merit and not because they are trusted by the manager then we will continue to stagger through results, should NL continue to refuse to play the team we can all see that could start games then he will continue to receive criticism, he has chopped and changed since the season began so no reason not to try with the likes of turnbull {or soro} replacing brown, Elyounoussi backing up the left side to let Taylor defend, and Ajeti and Eddie up front, should it not work out and we end up scrambling a result then we can hold our hands up and say he is correct as it didn't work and maybe he does know what he is doing. but for me this reeks of fear of losing hence sticking with the same old same old.

get the fresh young lads in the midfield who are desperate to prove themselves to not only him but the Celtic support as well.

my wish is for us to kick on and be hailing NL for the rest of the season as no other manager deserves it more to be in charge when we celebrate the 10.

And this was Tommy Sheridan's view from yesterday...

“I’m with you all the way Lenny, through ups and downs, failures and glories,” Tommy Sheridan

Bang on Tommy!

I'll back NFL all the way but I want to be excited and enjoy watching my team.
I don't want to here that the thick end of £10 million sitting on the bench because they aren't match fit.
We are by far the best team in Scotland and the end of last season was some of the best football played by any team in the league
Let's get back to that style and win 15 in row never mind 10

Watching Hibs last week they started playing in a 3-1-4-2 formation that changed to a 4-4-2 when they were chasing an equaliser. They'll probably start similar this week. I thought their best player, by far, was Gogic who sat in front of the back three and broke up play. No coincidence it was Kent's poorest performance of the season. What we need to do is have someone behind the front 2 who can move him out of position and create space for others. I like 3-5-2 but until we sign someone who can play left wing back we need to revert to a back 4. I'd also play a midfield diamond, someone to take Gogic out of his comfort zone by moving wide when we're in possession. There biggest threat going forward is the pace of Boyle, playing a full back facing him rather than a wing back chasing him would be better.

4-4(diamond)-2
Barkas
Frimpong Duffy Ajer Taylor
McGregor
Christie Turnbull
Elyounoussi
Ajeti Edouard

Watching Hibs last week they started playing in a 3-1-4-2 formation that changed to a 4-4-2 when they were chasing an equaliser. They'll probably start similar this week. I thought their best player, by far, was Gogic who sat in front of the back three and broke up play. No coincidence it was Kent's poorest performance of the season. What we need to do is have someone behind the front 2 who can move him out of position and create space for others. I like 3-5-2 but until we sign someone who can play left wing back we need to revert to a back 4. I'd also play a midfield diamond, someone to take Gogic out of his comfort zone by moving wide when we're in possession. There biggest threat going forward is the pace of Boyle, playing a full back facing him rather than a wing back chasing him would be better.

4-4(diamond)-2
Barkas
Frimpong Duffy Ajer Taylor
McGregor
Christie Turnbull
Elyounoussi
Ajeti Edouard
I like that formation (until we get a lwb). A lot of skill and energy in that midfield and hopefully a lot of fast interplay between that midfield.

It is maybe asking a lot of Frimpong (especially after he receives his mandatory unpunished "leveller" early on by the opposition hammer thrower). CalMac needs to be disciplined in the deeper role - especially if Frimpong is bombing up and down the pitch all game, but Christie can help out too.

I'm genuinely sad Forrest and Broony are injured but this maybe forces our hand into trying this new line up which some of us have been wanting to see. I think it will be a success but it may take a few games to really get into the groove.

it should be a fantastic exciting game which is maybe the boost some people need. 3-1 to the Bhoys!

Last edited:
Barcas
Frimpong, Duffy, Ajer, Luca
Calmac, Christie, Soro, Turnbull
Eddie Griff. or Ajeti

Hibs always have a go and they will again on Sunday. So far, playing with three men down has, to me, been the major cause of our problems. I have no doubt of that. we now have players injured and that gives Lenny the excuse to leave his apse out, which is a fucking disgrace that he couldn't see they needed left out, or worse, didn't have the bottle to do what needed to be done. With Forrest and Brown out I am hopeful that things will improve. If Taylor gets a start tomorrow then Lenny can fuck right off. He's bought two LB imposters and he needs to take the hit for absolutely zero judgement there and play Luca, or one of the fucking ball boys.

I think with the changes and fresh energy playing with 11 players will give us, we will put the Hibees to the sword. 4.0

Barcas
Frimpong, Duffy, Ajer, Luca
Calmac, Christie, Soro, Turnbull
Eddie Griff. or Ajeti

Hibs always have a go and they will again on Sunday. So far, playing with three men down has, to me, been the major cause of our problems. I have no doubt of that. we now have players injured and that gives Lenny the excuse to leave his apse out, which is a fucking disgrace that he couldn't see they needed left out, or worse, didn't have the bottle to do what needed to be done. With Forrest and Brown out I am hopeful that things will improve. If Taylor gets a start tomorrow then Lenny can fuck right off. He's bought two LB imposters and he needs to take the hit for absolutely zero judgement there and play Luca, or one of the fucking ball boys.

I think with the changes and fresh energy playing with 11 players will give us, we will put the Hibees to the sword. 4.0
I've been banging on all week to my son about Luca I hope he gets a chance soon.

Luca Connell won't even be in the 20 man squad, should be on the bench as we have no one to play on the left if Taylor gets injured, but won't be.
I fear you are correct. Not being on the bench under the circumstances you describe is a major mistake, and imagine you are Luca watching Taylor unable to beat a man, cross a ball and continually take the fizz out of attacks by his inevitable passing it back? Is it that Lenny doesn't want to admit he made a cunt of agreeing to one player who's a farce and one who is back up at best? His LB choices have been a complete waste of money and have weakened the team. Only he can address it. The two reasons I didn't want Lenny as manager, had nothing to do with Lenny the man. I love the cunt, it was that he would be a yes man to Lawells dithering and cheapskatery and that tactically he was suspect. He doesn't even look well. With his mental health issues I am worried for him. I absolutely believe that making the changes we clearly need this would result in better levels of performance and ease the stress he is under. He alone has the power to address our issues, if he doesn't then I worry for his wellbeing and our chances of continuing our domination. Get it done Lenny.

Back