Celtic v Hibs - Scottish Premiership, Sunday 27 September, all comments here

Celtic face dangerous opponents tomorrow at an empty Celtic Park. How come it's okay to pack fresher students into halls of residence like sardines yet it's not okay to allow even a few hundred supporters to share 60,000 seats at Paradise? Is it time we started pointing this out collectively?

Which of those 2 do you think should be the priority right now WC, people attending education or people attending sport?

Because sadly that's the choices that are having to be made right now while we find ourselves in the midst of a global pandemic, an unprecedented public health crisis that isn't even close to being over, one which has already claimed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people and one that still might claim the lives of hundreds of thousands more.

It's a balancing act where hard choices are having to be made in an attempt to protect public health while still trying to allow the basics of society to function as much as possible. Increasing the number of people out and about, travelling from different areas, using public transport, more people drinking in pubs before games etc. vastly increases the likelihood of what is a deadly virus spreading even further.

Look at how the R number works to see what would happen if even 10 out of those few hundred fans got infected while out at a game and since fans of other clubs would also expect to be able to go and see their team play then suddenly those few hundred you talk about turns into thousands and those 10 infected possibly becomes 50, 100, 1000. Is that a risk worth taking?

Unfortunately it's about priorities right now and going to a game of fitbaw is rightly NOT seen as a priority.

Which of those 2 do you think should be the priority right now WC, people attending education or people attending sport?

Because sadly that's the choices that are having to be made right now while we find ourselves in the midst of a global pandemic, an unprecedented public health crisis that isn't even close to being over, one which has already claimed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people and one that still might claim the lives of hundreds of thousands more.

It's a balancing act where hard choices are having to be made in an attempt to protect public health while still trying to allow the basics of society to function as much as possible. Increasing the number of people out and about, travelling from different areas, using public transport, more people drinking in pubs before games etc. vastly increases the likelihood of what is a deadly virus spreading even further.

Look at how the R number works to see what would happen if even 10 out of those few hundred fans got infected while out at a game and since fans of other clubs would also expect to be able to go and see their team play then suddenly those few hundred you talk about turns into thousands and those 10 infected possibly becomes 50, 100, 1000. Is that a risk worth taking?

Unfortunately it's about priorities right now and going to a game of fitbaw is rightly NOT seen as a priority.
First this a debate worth having but not on this thread I feel.
However if people can go to pubs and watch football, students can get crammed into residences, if this dictatorial government make political decisions wrapped up in the moral high ground of public health then to allow professional sport, that is integral to this economy , should be allowed a limited spectator return.
Having just returned from Spain I am in quarantine. This is basically house arrest with not s even space for physical exercise. If this is not a political decision to keep the people here then your analysis is different from mine. And when you question the rational you get the response, these are the rules just do it. Some democracy.
If you miss the subtlety I am leading the revolution
Happy for these posts to be moved out of Celtic chat, WC.
HH

However if people can go to pubs and watch football, students can get crammed into residences, if this dictatorial government make political decisions wrapped up in the moral high ground of public health then to allow professional sport, that is integral to this economy , should be allowed a limited spectator return.
Having just returned from Spain I am in quarantine. This is basically house arrest with not s even space for physical exercise. If this is not a political decision to keep the people here then your analysis is different from mine. And when you question the rational you get the response, these are the rules just do it. Some democracy.
HH

My brother in law is a mad conspiracy theorist. Like 100% committed, David ike loving, queens a blood drinking lizard conspiracy theorist...but he did tell me something about 9 year ago that's ringing true today. Our governments arent daft enough to enforce their rule on us. They've seen it tried and failed through the years. He predicted 9 year ago that we will live in a big brother nation. Where all our liberties will be removed. I obviously said he was talking nonsense, the people won't stand for that...he replied, that's the funny thing mate. We will ask for it. We will beg to be under house arrest. We will beg for our neighbours to grass us up for leaving our houses and seeing our loved ones. We will beg to live in a totalitarian state...i just laughed at him. As you can imagine he is feeling very smug at the moment 🤣🤣 you can move this post aswell WC. After all every other thread on the noise stays on topic 😁

Brighton scored in 94 mins to make it 2-2. There was 5 minutes added so game was done. Looks like ref blew for final whistle after United nearly scored....my coupon was fucked BTW... .then united were awarded a pen by VAR, after the final whistle!!! They scored and won 3-2 🤣🤣
Unbelievable. Good news for the coupon, got them on a couple of lines too ,thank fk.HH

HH

I agree it's not a debate for this thread but with respect mate take that up with WC then because it was him who raised this subject at the beginning of this thread.

I'm no gonnae drag down the rest of this thread by debating it any further here so I'll respond to your post on the Coronavirus thread instead.

Last edited:
I would imagine Lmcbhoy 99% of the members on the noise would agree with your sentiment.
In my opinion our biggest problem is at L/Back,it,s just not good enough and has been the case since we lost KT..
I am not looking for a ready made KT because they dont come along very often but I will settle for better than we have now.
The display I watched on Thursday by Greg Taylor was definitely not Celtic standard,I dont care what Lenny or Lawwell say about new faces being difficult to get in,that is bull,the reason we cant get decent fullbacks in is because we wont pay the money.
Why is money always an issue with us when we have two Billionaires on our board and one of which is the owner who by his own admission said he offered Sir Alex Ferguson double what Man Utd were paying him to come to Parkhead to stop sevco doing 10 IAR.
Has it maybe escaped him that this is OUR 10 IAR and sevco are doing everything they can to stop OUR 10 IAR..
sevco have thrown everything they have at stopping us getting 10 IAR, I believe they are once again up to their neck in the proverbial shit, they,re finances are at rock bottom once again McAllister said in the hun media get together yesterday that Kent is close to getting into the England team,,that is a curve ball for all the gullibles who nearly choked on the fish and chips when they heard that nonsense.
This is a call for somebody with money left in their pockets to come in with an offer so they can keep the lights on and maybe have enough for the elusive midfielder slippy is looking for,but when we think about what they will do to stop us,maybe they deserve a wee bit of credit because it looks like they would sell their souls to stop 10 IAR,,and what will we do ??? keep listening to Lawwell telling us ,,we have not identified anybody yet we think is better than we have .. this is the same man who told all the shareholders,,I dont know what is in the 5 way Agreement,I have not read it..I wonder how many company,s would have just shrugged their shoulders at losing around £25m and the opportunity to put their main opposition to the sword..is it possible that Lawwell is more interested in building hotels than building football teams,,or does he once again know something we dont..

HH.

Hopefully don't live to regret saying this but I actually think tomorrow's game will suit us and

I agree it's not a debate for this thread but with respect mate take that up with WC then because it was him who raised this subject at the beginning of this thread.

I'm no gonnae drag down the rest of this thread by debating it any further here so I'll respond to your post on the Coronavirus thread instead.

Schools opening I get. Football not happening I get. Uni's going back now I don't.

They aren't attending lectures, they are sitting in their rooms doing it via zoom. So could be done from Bellshill to Budapest from home.
This is £600 plus a month to rent student accommodation a pop in Scotland, to rent a room with five to a flat packed on top of each other in block after block of student flats never mind halls in City after City and Uni and college towns in between. Down in London thats double. Then associated student poulation boosts to economy - The tuition fees, student loans etc etc.
And thats before the international students pay there multiples of thousands (the real reason). This is as an economical decision to proceed now. Tertiary education is an industry now.
Celtic park need not be open, schools could and should if at all possible to educate and allow parents to work..if safe, though thats questionable.
Uni's have remote options they could be carrying out now. To ask them to go back under fear of losing spots and discouraging deferrals is about money and a lot of it.

It's a big test tomorrow if we get the 3 points that'll do me every game this season is going to be a fight and every 3 points we get is 3 closer to the 10 we can all say who we would like playing and how we would like to see our team playing but all we can do is pray that lenny gets it right and the men he puts out do the business so Mon the hoops.

Members online

Latest posts

Back