Celtic v Kilmarnock - all comments here

We're operating on fumes Noah. Look at the entirety of that first team squad. We're limited to quality but overfilled with numbers. The likes of McGgregor and Eddie are nothing more than tired but haveno replacements. We need to be careful with those two as we've seen with Kieran you can go to the well too often. Sinclair flits but his stats are somehow great for goals and assists. the worrying thing for me is we are suddenly prioritising a striker. We need 2 centre halfs a first choice right back, cover for left back and an heir aparent to a 33 year old in Broony before we even consider a striker
I think First and foremost now we need a manager. Players are running on empty but there's plenty there full of beans. Hayes. Weah. Burke. Why not play them?

Billy McNeil quote
"............................I've said in the past that Celtic have always had an element of the fairy-tale in their make-up, ........"

Celtic 1 Kilmarnock 0
Goalscored in 67 minute
Goalscorer number 5
Occassion today marked the passing of our number 5 who lifted the European Cup as the first Scottish and British team to do so 1967

BBC Off The Ball
‏Verified account @offtheballbbc

Terracing Teaser: If the answer is 67 minutes, what is the question?

#offtheballbbc
10:49 am - 27 Apr 2019

The Clumpany
‏ @TheClumpany
12m12 minutes ago

The Clumpany Retweeted BBC Off The Ball

“How long would it take to read out a list of all the matches in which the late Rangers football club fielded ineligible players on account of undeclared dual contracts?” #offtheballbbc

I think First and foremost now we need a manager. Players are running on empty but there's plenty there full of beans. Hayes. Weah. Burke. Why not play them?
The only one of those to play at home would be Weah and he's away with the US u'23's and if he did play he would have to play in a 2 up front with Eddie, which we just don't do (but we should at home at least). Hayes is an industrious sort for away games possibly but let's be honest he's as hard working as you and I would be, and probably only marginally better as a footballer to take us forward.
His delivery and skill doesn't match his work rate as much as I like him for his effort, he's not the future or even now. Burke I like but he's never a striker yet unless you are playing a counter attacking game which bar European ties or possibly Ibrox we're unlikely to do. Possibly wide as an option but considering his second touch appears to be a tackle he'd be a 9 million project. I'd actually risk that if I'm honest but not if we're not going to get to coach him. If we did get the opportunity then fine but he's not ready yet for a team that predominately attacks, just not yet anyway.

No matter what we think of today's game no Celtic supporter will ever forget that our number 5 scored in the 67 minute in a game dedicated to the memory of Billy McNeill,the Celtic captain who lifted the European Cup the first time ever a British club had done so in 1967and the best centre half who ever played in the number 5 shirt and it did not shrink to fit him,gone but not forgotten HAIL HAIL CESAR

Members online

Latest posts

Back