Celtic v Kilmarnock - Scottish Premiership Sunday 22 Sept 1pm kick-off - all comments here

Just a thought I had for a few days now.
Does anybody think along the same lines as myself that if things go REALLY well tomorrow for Big Mike and the pox infected vermin from across the city hit skid rowe again,, but do not rise from the ashes again,, that our chances of getting into the EPL would increase dramatically.
I watched a tv show in Manchester during the week where this young girl was interviewing people and asking the question,,which European teams did people think would increase the popularity of the English Premiership,she named 5 teams for people to comment on and two of them were Celtic and Ajax,, but one of the guy,s said Celtic would only qualify for the third division but,, the girl came back at him and said you obviously do not know their history,this is the club who broke the stranglehold on European teams winning the European cup,the same team to have first won 9 league titles in a row,the first team to have won every trophy they played for domestically for the last three seasons,they called it a treble treble..
She went on to say in my opinion if you give teams like the Ajax,s and the Celtic,s of this world the gate money,the tv rights and the opportunity to play in the EPL after 5 years they would be among the best in Europe,,some EPL teams have 20,000-30,000 fans at home games,Celtic and Ajax can have 60,000+ for every home game..
One of the men said this will never happen,,if we let the Dutch and Scottish into the premiership we might as well invite the Irish and the welsh..that was the end of the show..
Maybe the guy has never been to Cardiff or Swansea,or maybe he only watches English cricket in Glamorgan..HH

Just back in from todays match via mates hoose & pub, attendance was poor probably at lot of folk who have STs working today & unable to get time of like my daughter, was able to let mate use it so didn't waste a ticket.

Fuckwits sitting a few rows behind us drunk & shouing abuse at team from 1st whistle right through to HT. Had a word at ht about the language, got foul mouthed rant from the wee cvnt, noticed him heading into toilet, poor we prick slipped & ended up head first in urinal, his slip was assisted of course. Got back to seat with HT goodies, before the loudmouth returned to his seat, wet & a few cracked teeth (shame😂not). Gave his mates a good laugh at him

Youngest grandaughter belows out "NOW THAT KARMA" Then whispers in my ear "your naughty Gramps" hows that "you weren't in the toilet long enough to do the toilet" sussed out by a 5yr old🤔😁😁👁️

Great game considering Thursday exploits, Wee Jamesy is on 🔥 form wise & Eddie just makes scoring look so easy.

Not going tae Partick Th game going out for late b/day meal with Mrs 😠

☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️

Just back in from todays match via mates hoose & pub, attendance was poor probably at lot of folk who have STs working today & unable to get time of like my daughter, was able to let mate use it so didn't waste a ticket.

Fuckwits sitting a few rows behind us drunk & shouing abuse at team from 1st whistle right through to HT. Had a word at ht about the language, got foul mouthed rant from the wee cvnt, noticed him heading into toilet, poor we prick slipped & ended up head first in urinal, his slip was assisted of course. Got back to seat with HT goodies, before the loudmouth returned to his seat, wet & a few cracked teeth (shame😂not). Gave his mates a good laugh at him

Youngest grandaughter belows out "NOW THAT KARMA" Then whispers in my ear "your naughty Gramps" hows that "you weren't in the toilet long enough to do the toilet" sussed out by a 5yr old🤔😁😁👁

Great game considering Thursday exploits, Wee Jamesy is on 🔥 form wise & Eddie just makes scoring look so easy.

☘HAIL HAIL☘COYBIG☘YNWA☘
Hail Hail TT,puttin' some manners on the wee phuq! (y)

think ye'll find sky,bt,the sfa,possibly eufa might have something to say about that,pesky t.v deals and contracts!

I'm speaking entirely hypothetically. In a hypothetical world where Celtic TV streamed every single Celtic game on a subscription basis, this would not be a barrier to us having a near-full stadium for every game. Again, of course I don't expect this, but we have the numbers. And when illegal streams were booming, during the Rodgers era, we had a huge rise in attendances.

But yes, of course given the nature of the modern football industry, TV deals will come before fan convenience. It's the way it must be. It's the nature of the beast.

Everybody's entiled to give their two cents
They're running a business, whether we like it or not, it's Celtic FC's prerogative to show or not, jus like it's everyone's choice to turn up, or not
I don't presume to know anyone's situation, things change, life happens, which mean that people's prioritites change
If the stadium is half empty, it's also half full
HH

I didn't say anyone wasn't allowed to give their two cents. I was simply saying that if anyone involved in Celtic thinks live streams are connected to empty seats, they ought to look back at the Delia years, when illegal streams for every game were readily available and the stadium was half-empty, and the Rodgers years, when the stadium was mostly near-capacity and illegal streams for every Celtic game were readily available.

That's maybe a wee bit harsh considering they have paid their money but then there is a waiting list so perhaps there should be some usage quota enforced.
On that note there should be some kind of ticket exchange where season ticket holders not able to make a match could offer it at face value to somebody after a ticket. A lot of the time when you go looking to buy tickets from the website the selection isn't great. Maybe we could start something like that on here.
I met a load of Glasgow lads in Peadar's in Derry one drunken Friday and they all had tickets to the game the next day but were in Derry on a stag do. Their tickets need not have gone to waste.

Yep, definitely, I think this kind of system should actually be Celtic-run. You could actually have a system where season ticket holders could inform the club of non-attendance in advance and thus make seats available to non-season ticket holders. It wouldn't be perfect and not every or even most season ticket holders would buy into it, but you could work out some kind of incentive-based deal for them.

Youngest grandaughter belows out "NOW THAT KARMA" Then whispers in my ear "your naughty Gramps" hows that "you weren't in the toilet long enough to do the toilet" sussed out by a 5yr old🤔😁😁👁

☘HAIL HAIL☘COYBIG☘YNWA☘

So it was you who pushed me in the toilet, ya bastard?

Yep, definitely, I think this kind of system should actually be Celtic-run. You could actually have a system where season ticket holders could inform the club of non-attendance in advance and thus make seats available to non-season ticket holders. It wouldn't be perfect and not every or even most season ticket holders would buy into it, but you could work out some kind of incentive-based deal for them.
FC Basel have something in place. You can have the season ticket as an app on your phone - the bar code is scanned on the way in. If you can't make a game then you can mark your seat available and if it gets sold you get a partial refund on your season ticket.

Apologies if I offended. I had an operation within a week of the game, still climbed to row DD in the top tier - not easily might I add😂. Like I said in another comment, a lot of genuine decent reasons, such as ill health but also a lot of poor ones.
no worries (y) 🍀

Back