Celtic v Livingston - all comments here

Ah but one is not better than the other docco. And its the sort of shit that Clay thinks if you believe otherwise. I respect you "old school fans" have endured a lot. But that doesn't make your opinion more valid than mine. I want to see celtic win the 10 as much as you. But I want it to be won with a bit of style. Fuck sake most of you were lucky to see the lions play. I dont think its fair that if you want to see your team win with a bit of style and flair then you're somehow spoilt.
Lubo, I'm not overly inspired by how Celtic are playing at the moment and we all want to see some pacey, silky, one-touch sexy football. Unfortunately - that's no how the game works all the time. Sometimes you just have to grind it out and play through it.

Lenny does appear to be working against his own best interests at the moment, but it is what it is and I've seen plenty of really good Celtic sides who played some terrific football but came up short when trophies were being handed out or when the really meaningful games came round.

I get the frustration, but no one has a divine right to win games and opponents don't have an obligation to lie down. It's not great, it's not fluid, we're not nearly creative enough, but the job is still getting done and we know there's plenty of scope for improvement.

Naw 3 wks to face the vermin, not a happy tim mate being honest. 2 goals lost at home to Livi, stoppit.
cant say im happy with form

decent strike for their second from lapse from brown imo, he getting old

penalty was bad positioning from ajer that allowed winger space to cross but penalty was soft imo

happier doesn't mean im happy

but im more optimistic today

I think when you lose two goals at home to Livingston there must be something not quite right.
The Livingston left back on loan from Monaco looked a competitive young man.... Serrano ( nick name Hammy😉) would be worth watching!
Would like to see Turnbull given a start and surely two up front.
Anyway a win.
Cmon Hibs!
HH

Have to when 3 1 up bring on the Turnbulls etc and tell them go see the game out. Half and half games to get them all up to speed as quick as. Ideal today to let players come on when the goings good, onlt takes a mistake and then you are left having to defend against a bouyed up team, make the subs and punish them with fresh legs and pace.

So we arent allowed to be annoyed at how celtic are playing?? I dont give a fuck about what all you had to live through in the 70, 80 and 90s. If I'm annoyed about how we are playing now then ill moan about it. You lot be celtic fans how you want to be an ill do it the way i want to. I wont call you a plamf (great word btw) on how you do it. We have been dog shit this season. Im not a "its all about the win" fan. If you are that's brilliant. I want to see us play well. Not hold out for a win against anycunt, especially a team at the bottom of the table
👏👏👏

Frustrating and worrying the way we are conceding goals at the moment yes we got the 3points but we could easily have ended up with just the 1 if the Livi player got his header on target sitting top of the pile for today but if we don't improve our game there is no guarantee we will be there at the end of the season

Last edited:
I believe NL has the fear of Scott brown. Terrified of upsetting him hence the reason he is never left out. Needs him on his side in the dressing room and it could be his downfall.

No other manager would play him 3 times in a week or would have left him on that pitch today after the hour mark.

Only my opinion.

Lubo, I'm not overly inspired by how Celtic are playing at the moment and we all want to see some pacey, silky, one-touch sexy football. Unfortunately - that's no how the game works all the time. Sometimes you just have to grind it out and play through it.

Lenny does appear to be working against his own best interests at the moment, but it is what it is and I've seen plenty of really good Celtic sides who played some terrific football but came up short when trophies were being handed out or when the really meaningful games came round.

I get the frustration, but no one has a divine right to win games and opponents don't have an obligation to lie down. It's not great, it's not fluid, we're not nearly creative enough, but the job is still getting done and we know there's plenty of scope for improvement.

I believe thats where the mix up is SP. I believe thats why some fans believe others are acting spoilt. I understand there is no divine right to win a game. We are competing against teams that have 11 guys who are usually playing out their skins against us. But at the end of the day we are better. Thats just a fact. If we play to our potential we should be blowing teams who are 2nd bottom of the league out the water. I dont believe its all the players fault that we are not up to speed...there is an issue with the club from top to bottom that seems to be eating at us. I want the players to play how we all know they can play and i want the management to make the changes that can effect the game positively...that isn't happening at the moment.

Very sensible post here, but I would argue the improvements aren't coming quick enough, and when we do look to have improved we're taking two steps back the very next game. It was dire to watch that today. Struggling to create any clear chances against a Livi side who started the game like they thought they could get something, not your usual 11 men packed deep in their own half kinda tactics, doesn't fill me with confidence when it comes time to play they bastards. I think it's reasonable to be worried just now.

There is some positives to be taken, we’re top of the league again, and we haven’t gotten out of 2nd gear, there a lesson to be learned from the huns attempt to get 10IAR, smith stuck by too many of his tried and trusted players that were clearly passed their best, I feel Lennon doing the same, broony looked dead on his legs, 3 games a week is too much for him, if we don’t shake things up a bit and get some younger, hungry, faster players in that team, I fear for 10IAR it all looks a bit pedestrian/going through the motions......

We're frustrated cos most of us could pick better line ups than Lenny right now. He gets paid handsomely and it's only right we question his recent tactics and the way we set up. Who else predicted today's line up? Worrying.

Thought the first 30 mins (penalty aside, fucking back 3 getting stretched again) was probably our best period of football so far this season.

We were slick and pacy and it was down to better movement off the ball, that constant movement allowed the quick one touch, pass and move and it not only got us up the park much quicker than at anytime so far this season but it allowed us to get in behind because we didn't give them the time to regroup at the back.

We got a glimpse of what we know these bhoys are capable of, the problem seems to be sustaining it as after the 30 minute mark we fell back into the same old bad habits where players stand around waiting for a pass instead of going looking for one.

As for Taylor, the stick this bhoy is getting is unfair imo! If the finger should be pointed anywhere for his issues it should be pointed directly at the management. Taylor is a LB who's suited to playing in a back 4, he defends as well as any LB we've had over the last 10 years but he's being sent out to play a position that he's simply not equipped for and that's down to Lenny not him.

Very sensible post here, but I would argue the improvements aren't coming quick enough, and when we do look to have improved we're taking two steps back the very next game. It was dire to watch that today. Struggling to create any clear chances against a Livi side who started the game like they thought they could get something, not your usual 11 men packed deep in their own half kinda tactics, doesn't fill me with confidence when it comes time to play they bastards. I think it's reasonable to be worried just now.

I hate bringing them into the equation but at the end of the day they are the only ones who can stop 10 in a row. At the moment they are buzzing. We have fans on here who have been watching them saying they are pish, they havent lost a match or a goal. Can you imagine what they are saying about us. They will not fear us at all...."who gives a fuck what they think" I hear you say but we should. Their players believe their own hype. And they have a lot to be happy about. No defeats. No goals conceded. 60 million quid player has started scoring again. Its all about confidence. They have a game plan and its working for them. We dont seem to have any plan. Now it they come to us and we play at our best then we will take them apart, like we have in the past. But when was the last time that happened?? If they come to us and we play how we have been playing all season then they could take something from us. It could happen. That's not a good thought. That's where we are at at this moment in time

Once again Meh. Taylor, Brown, Forrest Hamed, need dropped. His use of subs is deplorable, I have no confidence in his ability he better sort of out. Or hes out. But hopefully not before he fucks everything up. Another game another frustrating performance. I bet he says we were brilliant. .

We have no divine right to win matches or trophies. And at the moment we are still winning our domestic matches. However we are far too often scraping by the odd goal or even hanging on against inferior opposition.

It almost feels like we are winning too many of these matches despite our management team rather than because of them. The bizarre selections, tactics and substitutions are unnecessarily hamstringing us instead of improving our chances of winning. There was no need for hindsight for the last few games - it has been onvious before kick off that Lennon has selected a strange starting 11.

Broony has been poor by his very high standards and has struggled in recent seasons to play 3 matches in a week - yet here he was playing the full match again despite blowing out his arse! At the expense of very talented in form players desperate to prove themselves.

Lenny has to sort himself out and then the team asap.

Latest posts

Back