Celtic v Livingston - League, Saturday 10th April, KO 3pm

Docco, you seem like a character that speaks his mind. If you were on a job were you saw things go tits up, would you tell your boss?? Or would you just watch it fall apart?? Saying Kennedy was working under lennon shouldn't be an excuse. He was part of the management team that ruined our season.
A character that speaks his mind? I Would say more of a twisted character who offers different opinions just to be awkward. When asked a serious question he won't answer it. Daft as a fuckin brush.

Part of the reason we looked so good yesterday was Livingstons approach to the game. They mostly tried to match our players man for man and that was their downfall. We all know we have superior players compared to Livingston. This was no tactical masterplan executed by John Kennedy, rather an inferior team that tried and failed miserably to match us.
Im not denying that we played very well but lets not knight JK for it.

Celtic as a business could earn 30 million pounds if they can reach the group stages of the Champions league. The first qualifying game is on July 21st which is just 99 days away and next week it will be just 92 days away. In our last two games we have scored 9 goals and conceded zero. When we win the derby next week, whenever it is played, then which available manager and backroom team will we want? I cannot abide the critical comments about John Kennedy. They reek of pessimistic cultural cringe. How can a man already in the ranks possibly be good enough to be the manager of Celtic think the pessimists. We surely need to have an Englishman or a Swiss, or a German or an Austrian messiah. How could a Scotsman possibly be good enough. International experts are surely always better than home grown ones. I have no idea if Howe or any other manager will be appointed by the Board. I for one would be happy if John Kennedy was given the permanent job. Here's a challenge! Tell me 5 positive things about JK and 5 negative things. Be as objective as possible. Weigh up the pros and cons. Then do the same for any other possible manager. It's a useful way to take the emotion out of decision making. I've done this and I cannot find 5 negative factors about JK. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. There's a contrary proverb to suit every argument I know. Answer these questions
Who can have us best ready for July 21st?
Who best knows our squad? Our best team?
Who best knows which players to offload?
Who best knows which positions need filled with other players?
Who best knows tactics? Has a Plan B?
Who do the squad respect?
Who has been associated with 12 trophies in a row?
For the Board to choose any other candidate then they must think that the answer is someone else.

You can't abide the critical comments about Kennedy! Funny I can't abide haughty condescending nonsensical pish talk so it seems we're both shit oot of luck then eh!

You start off talking about the importance of Celtic as a business having the opportunity to earn £30m if they qualify for the Champions League group stages and after weirdly explaining the concept of what a week is 😕 you then go on to accuse the people on here of suffering from some sort of 'pessimistic cultural cringe' because in your world their objections to Kennedy becoming manager have no validity at all and are somehow borne out of some sort of national inferiority complex where we value international experts over home grown ones...

...and amazingly after all that you go on to tout a guy who has zero managerial experience, the very opposite of what would be considered an 'expert', as the best candidate for the Celtic manager's job and expect us to entrust that man with the task of securing that £30m Champions League pot based on what...'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'!

What are you talking about man? :confused:🤷‍♂️

Part of the reason we looked so good yesterday was Livingstons approach to the game. They mostly tried to match our players man for man and that was their downfall. We all know we have superior players compared to Livingston. This was no tactical masterplan executed by John Kennedy, rather an inferior team that tried and failed miserably to match us.
Im not denying that we played very well but lets not knight JK for it.
Hi 1888, you're spot on, we shouldn't be making hasty decisions on the grounds of beating Livi at CP, of course not. But this is the same Livi team we've struggled against consistently. I for one have seen the team improve since JK took the reigns. That's not to say I think he should get the job. I don't, at least not at the present time. But sometimes we can miss something by being too close to it. As I said before, I think JK will manage Celtic in the future. Just hope for his sake he goes and proves himself first. For me there'e one absolute certainty; no matter who our new gaffer turns out to be, he's gonna need the supporters on his side. For instance, if you just take yesterday's starting eleven, probably six of them will be gone next season. Widen that to the whole squad and we see the magnitude of the job. Can it be done in one season ? Time will tell.

I dont want Kennedy as manager

Simply because he aint experienced enough, imo

But I have liked his team selection and shape/plan better than the weird Lennon shape.

Makes more sense to me visually

But I am not convinced Kennedy has the toolbox at this moment to play different styles and change things when he isn't winning a game.

I do think he is much more proactive than under lennon

Perhaps his ideas were rebuked by lennon hence the weird sad face and passive assistance under lennon

even the Strachan dude seems more vocal during games

maybe my imagination

But the defensive shape the starting positions of players the movement toward space seems more like football I understand

Lennon had a strange style but if he is boss then he must enforce his vision and ultimately paid price for his weak defensive shape and performances coupled with lack of cutting edge chances using his best ever footabll

Kennedy cant get job imo

he has been better than lennon so far this season imo

But its been much less pressure for one

And well I aint convinced by his analysis even though it is much better than the gibberish contradictions from lenny

I think Kennedy could learn lot from a good experienced all round manager

But perhaps a good manager wants his own team especially since JK seems more proactive without a manager?

A character that speaks his mind? I Would say more of a twisted character who offers different opinions just to be awkward. When asked a serious question he won't answer it. Daft as a fuckin brush.

Tanks 😎👍

If we are giving characters out, to me, you seem to have the mentality of a 14 year old stereotypical Celtic fan who takes what he reads in the papers as gospel and one who doesn't have the brain capacity to think for himself 👍

Last edited:
Tanks 😎👍

If we are giving characters out, to me, you seem to have the mentality of a 14 year old stereotypical Celtic fan who takes what he reads in the papers as gospel and one who doesn't have the brain capacity to think for himself 👍
This just proves my opinion of you correct. You're a fuckin dafty
For a man who can't think for himself I'm doin ok. I run my own business and own my own home in the Irish countryside. I don't believe anything in the news. I grew up in the troubles and I'm a strong believer in the saying "believe the half of what you see and nothin that you hear". I have an iq of 140 so dipshit that proves that you above all people shouldnt be judging anyones character.
Imagine letting you pick the next manager ye fuckin dafty.
John Kennedy......
What'll you change your name to next?
John Barnes.....

This just proves my opinion of you correct. You're a fuckin dafty
For a man who can't think for himself I'm doin ok. I run my own business and own my own home in the Irish countryside. I don't believe anything in the news. I grew up in the troubles and I'm a strong believer in the saying "believe the half of what you see and nothin that you hear". I have an iq of 140 so dipshit that proves that you above all people shouldnt be judging anyones character.
Imagine letting you pick the next manager ye fuckin dafty.
John Kennedy......
What'll you change your name to next?
John Barnes.....

Classy 😎👍..iq of 140 as well! What a man...I'm in awe...wish I could be half as successful as yerself 😎

Classy 😎👍..iq of 140 as well! What a man...I'm in awe...wish I could be half as successful as yerself 😎
Not blowing my trumpet. Simply replying to an accusations you made. Never judge a book by its cover. Only mentioned the iq thing because you questioned my brain capacity.

Not blowing my trumpet. Simply replying to an accusations you made. Never judge a book by its cover. Only mentioned the iq thing because you questioned my brain capacity.

Oh, stop..I'm so intimidated now...Are ye Walter O'Brien in real life? 😳

Last edited:
Hi 1888, you're spot on, we shouldn't be making hasty decisions on the grounds of beating Livi at CP, of course not. But this is the same Livi team we've struggled against consistently. I for one have seen the team improve since JK took the reigns. That's not to say I think he should get the job. I don't, at least not at the present time. But sometimes we can miss something by being too close to it. As I said before, I think JK will manage Celtic in the future. Just hope for his sake he goes and proves himself first. For me there'e one absolute certainty; no matter who our new gaffer turns out to be, he's gonna need the supporters on his side. For instance, if you just take yesterday's starting eleven, probably six of them will be gone next season. Widen that to the whole squad and we see the magnitude of the job. Can it be done in one season ? Time will tell.
Good post frank.
I’m afraid Kennedy is the next scapegoat for some. Guilty by association. Judged on body language and minuscule clips of conversations.
Do I want him as next celtic manager .. fuck no
But I’ve reserved judgement on him to being in charge in his own right. I think that he’s done a fairly decent job with them and conducts himself well in media whatever that counts for.
He got the performance in last huns game from them and he’s facing his biggest game Sunday.
For me it’s more important that we get the right guy in than get a quick appointment which ends up rash.
Can it be turned round in a season ?
If you can bring yourself to watch the huns outside of old firm games the answers absofuckinglutelythe right appointment and a few shrewd signings and it’s game on
We’ve faced bigger tests than that lot in similar situations
Quick eg Martin Oneill’s first season
Was nearly a 40-50 point swing

Back