Celtic v Livingston, Saturday 16th January, 3pm Celtic Park

I don’t know if any of the board or management read any of these pages or something similar, but they should.
7 WINS IN 21 MATCHES. And they’re still keeping Lennon Kennedy and Strachan in a job. DISGRACE. How long is this torture going to go on for.
If it’s true that Celtic have sounded out a new manager, but they won’t come because Lawwell would be picking the players to come into the club. ANOTHER DISGRACE.
Desmond, there is no use bringing in your son, if the club is going to be structured in the same way as the now.
The whole club is needing a complete clear out. From top to bottom.
For once, think of the fans who put their money into the club, knowing probably that they wouldn’t see them this season. And they’ve to watch this rubbish every game. There won’t be many fans buying season tickets for next season if it just carries on like this.
The club is needing new investment. Instead of the club furloughing the youth squad, let the board take a BIG cut.
The board, the management and the team have had it easy this season. What would it have been like if the fans were in the ground. Celtic board waken up, there’s a crisis at our club and the silence from Parkhead is deafening.

Have been banging on about this for weeks as well. The lack of players showing for the ball at throw ins is insulting doesnt matter who is taking the shy ,today was young Ralston turn to stand and stand until someone moved their arse or he threw it long giving it away instantly. This continues week in week out schoolboy fitba . The recycling of the ball from defence to counter is woefully slow
Jonny Hayes whenever he was close to a ball that went out never fannied about looking for another player to take it, he would pick it up and shy it to a Celtic player BEFORE the opposition had time to organise cover, A simple tactic which no other Celtic player seemed capable of ???

A pitiful performance that showed me, there is no one of real quality coming through from.the academy. Add in Johnstone who will never fulfil his potential if he remains as weak physically. Duffy should never play again for us either. We know even clearer we need to sign players, as we literally produce players for the Dundees and Colchesters of the football world, but every decade or so we get a KT. Every decade is pitiful.

Theyve done really well I've noticed their rise to play off contenders to the EPL and I think the championship is amongst the toughest in Europe. As for doing us in Europe haha maybye but you cant write Celtic off in Europe against anyone lille and lazio results show what we are capable of if inconsistent we do have the talent to mix it with anyone. So aye take a leaf out of their books by all means but they have much more means than us available for being a championship club. A fresh introduction of new people and new ideas can either make us stronger or weaker. If we dont show ambition and get the right people , more money or not we can fall further behind. The next manager appointment is an end of an era appointment. Cant scrimp and it should cost more than what slippy is on the top job pays more .
We need to get our ducks in a row. Audit, new CEO, appoint an overdue DOF and then a head coach- suss the playing squad for who can be improved then look to new players. We may not be able to afford top players anymore but we could develop them if we spend funds on the right men in the righ positions behind the scenes. And please benchamark our standards to Big European clubs outside the crazy financial models of the top four or five nations. Rather than a club who should be an irrelevance if we could have a coherent structure allied to a modicum of vision.

Can anyone tell me who is responsible for coaching our defenders? Whoever it is should be chased to fuck. I've been told in the past it was Kennedy, but nobody seems to know for sure.
Shane Duffy is not as bad a player as he has shown for Celtic. Likewise boyata, efe, hendry to name a few, all fuckin bombscares at Celtic, but when they go to other clubs, they seem to play out of their skin.
Just another example of our piss poor coaching!

Ouch!! That goalie doderingiam I seem to remember that he 2 or 3 times kept us from beating the rangers 12-1 instead of the actual 5-1. Every time we played them it was 4 and 5 aggregate score against them was incredible as well over 8or 9 games. They might be leading this title and favourites but they are not dominant like us , theyve been no better than livi against us twice this season and had undeniable good fortune compared to other clubs, weve been involved in a penalty shoot out and theyve still had more penalties than us and everyone else. Even if their luck holds given everything that's concerned about this season any media muted success will be short lived as slippy slips off to the EPL/championship 1year left on contract. They haven't been able to dominate our game but got the result. We are 2 games into the second half of the season we'll see if luck and chance really does all even itself out. Weve had all the bad luck theyve not had any.
We should practise taking penalties
He had a touch of the Haffy about him,great one minute rubbish the next come to think about Haffy played for Swindon before he went to Australia

I don't buy any of these Neil Lennon threats of bullets and any a that shite. He woulda had bigger threats goin to school in lurgan. Nor do I buy this Celtic legend bullshit either. He was an average midfielder who spent his entire Celtic career playin the ball back. No wonder we're witnessing the dung we are at the minute. I'm just sick a the sight a the prick he needs to fuck off right now and take all the fuckin rubbish with him. I can't stumoch any more a this dung. A fuckin monkey could have won the league with that Celtic team.
Nonsense

Can anyone tell me who is responsible for coaching our defenders? Whoever it is should be chased to fuck. I've been told in the past it was Kennedy, but nobody seems to know for sure.
Shane Duffy is not as bad a player as he has shown for Celtic. Likewise boyata, efe, hendry to name a few, all fuckin bombscares at Celtic, but when they go to other clubs, they seem to play out of their skin.
Just another example of our piss poor coaching!
I agree our defening has been shite for years, we used to get away with it mostly in Scotland but not in Europe look at some of the performances under the snake.
But surely an experienced international like Duffy doesn't need coached on how to carry out basic defending? Kennedy seems to do fuck all but even if he is saying go out there and play shite (which I'm sure he's not) they don't have to listen!
I honestly expected Duffy to be a stand out this season, I thought he'd organise our defence, sort out our positioning and be a real leader but he's a fucking calamity! He looks scared and I honestly can't think of one thing he does right, his positioning is shite, he can't pass, can run, his tackling is clumsy, he doesn't defend the box, doesn't seem to communicate with anyone. Efe was a bloody nightmare at times but I'd have him in the team over Duffy in a heartbeat!

I agree our defening has been shite for years, we used to get away with it mostly in Scotland but not in Europe look at some of the performances under the snake.
But surely an experienced international like Duffy doesn't need coached on how to carry out basic defending? Kennedy seems to do fuck all but even if he is saying go out there and play shite (which I'm sure he's not) they don't have to listen!
I honestly expected Duffy to be a stand out this season, I thought he'd organise our defence, sort out our positioning and be a real leader but he's a fucking calamity! He looks scared and I honestly can't think of one thing he does right, his positioning is shite, he can't pass, can run, his tackling is clumsy, he doesn't defend the box, doesn't seem to communicate with anyone. Efe was a bloody nightmare at times but I'd have him in the team over Duffy in a heartbeat!
As you say there are many aspects of his general play that leaves a lot to be desired. One thing is his shocking passing out of defence. He needs a go to midfielder to take the ball off him and play it forward. Soro or Browns job really.

Mothers 1 Huns 0

My point is, there's numerous lads who have been brutal for Celtic only to join another club and do well.

The thing is that most of our player's cant handle the pressure of the 10, when we are playing catch up from the start it's added pressure and we collapsed even more. Player's who can't deal with the pressures of playing with Celtic usually can slot in fine at another club where the pressure and expectation isn't as intense.
I still think Duffy would do an good job with alot of other clubs.
He was hailed as our defensive rock and saviour but one player won't fix a team that isn't organised and without structure or game plan.
I was one of those guys who thought Duffy could have saved us at the back.
In hindsight there was a whole lot more going wrong with our teams perfomances rather pinning my hopes on Shane Duffy to save our season. 🍀

We need to get our ducks in a row. Audit, new CEO, appoint an overdue DOF and then a head coach- suss the playing squad for who can be improved then look to new players. We may not be able to afford top players anymore but we could develop them if we spend funds on the right men in the righ positions behind the scenes. And please benchamark our standards to Big European clubs outside the crazy financial models of the top four or five nations. Rather than a club who should be an irrelevance if we could have a coherent structure allied to a modicum of vision.
I agree 100% NJ. I would add to your list a proper professional scouting network to help identify, assess and track potential targets early.

Aston Villa vs Everton postponed in Premier League amid coronavirus outbreak​

Villa closed training ground last week amid outbreak affecting a large number of first team; club's second Premier League game in a row called off amid Covid issues; Villa plan to reopen facilities on Sunday; Villa vs Newcastle rearranged for January 23, live on Sky Sports

I don’t know if any of the board or management read any of these pages or something similar, but they should.
7 WINS IN 21 MATCHES. And they’re still keeping Lennon Kennedy and Strachan in a job. DISGRACE. How long is this torture going to go on for.
If it’s true that Celtic have sounded out a new manager, but they won’t come because Lawwell would be picking the players to come into the club. ANOTHER DISGRACE.
Desmond, there is no use bringing in your son, if the club is going to be structured in the same way as the now.
The whole club is needing a complete clear out. From top to bottom.
For once, think of the fans who put their money into the club, knowing probably that they wouldn’t see them this season. And they’ve to watch this rubbish every game. There won’t be many fans buying season tickets for next season if it just carries on like this.
The club is needing new investment. Instead of the club furloughing the youth squad, let the board take a BIG cut.
The board, the management and the team have had it easy this season. What would it have been like if the fans were in the ground. Celtic board waken up, there’s a crisis at our club and the silence from Parkhead is deafening.
This furloughing of the kids after the Dubai debacle is still annoying the life out of me, another example of poor judgement.
Spending the cost of Dubai then taking government money to keep kids in a job is crass.
Considering the cost, the chief exec could probably have covered the whole squads weekly wage with a fraction in of his own.
Or asked the billionaire owner to cover it
The phrase a club like no other used to be trotted out by lawwell at every opportunity
But he should be ashamed to use that phrase now through his own actions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back