Celtic v Livingston, Saturday 16th January, 3pm Celtic Park

Gary67

Not looking forward to this at all. Livvy are the form team in SPFL who have won 8 games in a row (6 in the league).
Strachan says same squad as Monday with Scott Robertson added.
Cant see why we'd stick with the 4-diamond-2 formation given it requires 2 x strikers and we have 0 available.
I'd revert to 4-4-1-1. Let MJ play in his natural position on the wing, Turnbull in the No.10 and keeps Soro and McGregor in centre midfield.

Hazard
Frimpong Welsh Duffy Taylor
Henderson Soro McGregor Johnston
Turnbull
Okoflex

Subs Doohan Laxalt Rogic Harper Dembele Robertson Heljde Dembele Connell

Heart, and predictor guess, says a narrow 1 goal win. Head says a draw at best.

Not looking forward to this at all. Livvy are the form team in SPFL who have won 8 games in a row (6 in the league).
Cant see why we'd stick with the 4-diamond-2 formation given it requires 2 x strikers and we have 0 available.
I'd revert to 4-4-1-1. Let MJ play in his natural position on the wing, Turnbull in the No.10 and keeps Soro and McGregor in centre midfield.

Hazard
Turnbull
Okoflex

I'd agree with that selection (maybe naming Dembele twice gives him a better chance of getting on again). As you say, scoring goals will be the difficult bit having no natural strikers. Many of these players are not match fit so we have to make subbies before the players are completely shattered.

Remember that many development games are played on artificial surfaces, so the youngsters may perform better than senior players. Like a broken record, can I please ask for Connell to get on the pitch.

Livi are looking strong just now so these are tough games - I will be delighted to sneak away with a win. But if we don't then I hope the fans cut these players a lot of slack as many have hardly played in 10 months and even those that are match fit are playing with colleagues that they aren't used to.

I'd agree with that selection (maybe naming Dembele twice gives him a better chance of getting on again). As you say, scoring goals will be the difficult bit having no natural strikers. Many of these players are not match fit so we have to make subbies before the players are completely shattered.

Remember that many development games are played on artificial surfaces, so the youngsters may perform better than senior players. Like a broken record, can I please ask for Connell to get on the pitch.

Livi are looking strong just now so these are tough games - I will be delighted to sneak away with a win. But if we don't then I hope the fans cut these players a lot of slack as many have hardly played in 10 months and even those that are match fit are playing with colleagues that they aren't used to.
Just realised that Bitton is back. I'd have in on the bench instead of Dembele2. No doubt Lennon will drop young Welsh and start him

Playin at Celtic Park BB.

Hazard
Turnbull
Okoflex

Thank god somebody picks Taylor at left back. For the simple reason that he's not KT he gets pelters again and again, Laxalt although a international, consistently doesn't have a go at the opposing defender,is slow to get back and makes too many rash challenges. Taylor has a better on field relationship with Calmac and his earlier crossing results in better opportunities for the attack.

Thank god somebody picks Taylor at left back. For the simple reason that he's not KT he gets pelters again and again, Laxalt although a international, consistently doesn't have a go at the opposing defender,is slow to get back and makes too many rash challenges. Taylor has a better on field relationship with Calmac and his earlier crossing results in better opportunities for the attack.
lacks composure

This is a must win. Its absolutely essential. I dont care if Livi are playing well, we need this. I hope the senior players we've got left step up lead by example. I hope the young ones play with no fear and make a name for themselves, some of them have been begging for an opportunity, lets see them take it.

Hazard
Turnbull
Okoflex

we could use the trusty 3 1 6 0 formation we played most of the whole season

with 6 inside rights and no width or strikers

who needs strikers when nobody wants to pass or cross anyway

just get the ball and charge on your own or just blast it 50 yards to the left wing where nobody at

I think the young lads will do alright they were very unlucky last game,at least we appear to have some young lads who can come into the team in the future

by the by this is from Digger had to use a different id as I mucked up with the new iPad the wife bought me ,now I wonder why Christmas is gone and it’s not my birthday until July still nice to be back. Jim

I think the young lads will do alright they were very unlucky last game,at least we appear to have some young lads who can come into the team in the future

by the by this is from Digger had to use a different id as I mucked up with the new iPad the wife bought me ,now I wonder why Christmas is gone and it’s not my birthday until July still nice to be back. Jim
to be honest the young guys who played were not ready for premier league never mind Celtic imo.

Harper- I doubt would get a game for most championship clubs.
Oko flex- think he shoulda been punted after his social media faux pas, had looked decent prospect but in that game I wasn't impressed.
Dembele - I dont think he eve half as good as the wee boy who disappeared out game after he bailed to Chelsea, forgot his name, his attitude as well as his tiny stature are a worry for me, hope he proves me wrong.

the wee lad frimpong miles better than any of those young guys and for me his passing is 3rd division standard and nowhere near first team ready and again imo one of the biggest reasons we are having a bad season.

the youth we are producing is not high enough

possibly because they cant learn anything playing against young guys in scotland these days.

Hazard
Turnbull
Okoflex

That Defence gives u the fear although its probably the same as it would be even without the absentees! 😏😏😏.. The space Hibs had on Mon was FRIGHTENING & what we need is just tae KICK IT IN ROW Z instead of trying tae play Fancy Fitbaw! Any kind of win wid be good & a wee Ton @8/11 says we will😁😁😁😁😁

At least were no longer fretting at the team selection and to be honest i'm past caring the whole squads fitness is shocking where we have first team players unfit or blowing out there arse and development players in the same situation

The coaching and planning looks to be a joke no better than amateur clubs

Cheaton is the cnt in the middle today so fully expect the weans to get kicked off the park and Soro to get his marching orders

Members online

Back