Celtic v Livingston, Saturday 16th January, 3pm Celtic Park

I'm not surprised at Lawwell clinging to power. Highest paid CEO in British football, loyal only to money. But if lennon, who loves our club, doesn't hand in his resignation tonight then I've lost all love and respect for him. He has managed to coach the most dominant team in scottish football history into a shower of shite. He has managed to take the most exciting youth team in scotland (remember how we raved about our players in the youth set up) and turn them into demoralised, unfit scottish mid table players. He has to go and give us a chance to rebuild for next season. The longer he stays the worse we get....
Lubo , you are so correct mate , I feel more scunnered tonight than I have all season , and that says a lot, every action has a consequence , our actions this year, from getting rid of Gordon to the Dubai disaster is now haunting us and the people responsible for these decisions must now
Take responsibility for them and leave

That was dreadful!
I've watched Celtic for over 50 years and I never thought we would start a game at Celtic Park without any centre forward.
Our kids that I thought might be the way forward are poor. What has happened to the last ten years of developmen? Someone needs to think about this.
Also have we not got the odd striking prospect? Surely.....
Sorry words are actually failing me.
How this season has crumbled beggars belief.
I'd Dermot is actually going to do something radical with the Celtic then tonight wouldn't be too early to start. No team in the country would let the status quo continue.
HH
At least three times this season now.

Both they games should have been postponed as we had so many players out..Celtic should have been stronger on this point..Lawwell is letting us get attacked from every hun in the media by saying nothing!!!!!!..How many wrote about jones and edmundson in media ?That orange bass Boyd has free rein on tv and newspaper to say and write anything about us..He should be brought to heel about this, before it gets out of hand for his own good ..Integrity of the league this season is a joke with all the covid players we have had out..If it wasnt Boli then it was in Scotland camp , then Israeli camp, French u21 etc etc..Unreal how hard this covid has hit our team on top of all the other shit..Wish i wouldnt have watched that cack ..

That was dreadful!
I've watched Celtic for over 50 years and I never thought we would start a game at Celtic Park without any centre forward.
Our kids that I thought might be the way forward are poor. What has happened to the last ten years of developmen? Someone needs to think about this.
Also have we not got the odd striking prospect? Surely.....
Sorry words are actually failing me.
How this season has crumbled beggars belief.
I'd Dermot is actually going to do something radical with the Celtic then tonight wouldn't be too early to start. No team in the country would let the status quo continue.
HH
Could you imagine an EPL management team getting away with this shambles of a season. No wonder they think we’re a mickey mouse league.

Another result for the mediocrity of Peter Lawell and Neil Lennon's unfathomable policies. They are now a destructive influence on our club.
As long as both are still in situ, this is going to continue, ad nauseam. There is now enough evidence, of no gameplan, no teamwork, no leadership, no flair, no fight, static scared players, with no heart for the fight. The soul and spirit is being sucked out of our club, match by match. They and both their management teams must go immediately.

Last edited:
Both they games should have been postponed as we had so many players out..Celtic should have been stronger on this point..Lawwell is letting us get attacked from every hun in the media by saying nothing!!!!!!..How many wrote about jones and edmundson in media ?That orange bass Boyd has free rein on tv and newspaper to say and write anything about us..He should be brought to heel about this, before it gets out of hand for his own good ..Integrity of the league this season is a joke with all the covid players we have had out..If it wasnt Boli then it was in Scotland camp , then Israeli camp, French u21 etc etc..Unreal how hard this covid has hit our team on top of all the other shit..Wish i wouldnt have watched that cack ..
We already postponed a game to go to Dubai.

We clearly owe Lennon and the Board a public apology, how dare we have questioned their leadership of our club?

With these stunning home draws against Hibs and Livingston, with a tremendous 1 goal scored, Neil Lennon has firmly underlined his recent assertion that he is 'absolutely' the man to take Celtic forward.

This great run of 2 games undefeated will surely see us storm back into the title challenge and demonstrates the visionary nature of the clubs management and the terrific value we get for the millions of pounds in salary costs they receive from the club.

Don't want to be too critical as it's a makeshift team we've had to put out again today but why is it when teams hit us on the break they can slice us open and get a shot off with one quick pass yet whenever we hit on the break we need to make 5 or 6 passes (by that time the opposition has dropped back into position) before attempting to get a shot off?

It's been happening all season and the 2nd string seem just as afflicted by it as the 1st team do. Frustrating as fuck!

No structure to our play all year, can't hit the wide area's and get in dangerous cross balls into the opposition's 18 yard box. What ever people think of Ralston he put in a really good ball to oko flex.
I've been watching Celtic all season and they haven't been doing that at all.
All we're doing is playing sideways and backways and trying to open packed defenses down the middle.

o_O

McFayden Celtic fans should have been happy with that team they put out, you having a laugh. Ralston, Johnston, no game time.
Rogic up front, no strikers.
Duffy Bitton central half parternship
---------------------------------------------------
Rip it up and start again, we have players that will be better going forward into the next season.

It feels like 10 in a row we were destined never to get the 10,if you look back to the start where Bolingoli went awol after the Killie game absolutely nothing has went our way,,but turn the page and look at sevco nothing has went wrong for them,I lay the blame at the door of the greediest CEO in Celtic history,a man who thinks he is fire proof,we only need to look at Brendan Rogers and the John McGinn fiasco,he believes he is the ayatolla of Celtic football club and the chairman is happy enough for him to think that about himself..
Lets hope when the second Desmond is on the board all this nonsense will change..

HH.

Terrible all round performance, but I knew what I was about ti be put through long before KO.

Thought Bitton had a fine game.

Duffy shouldn't be in the Hoops again, for his own sake aswell as ours. This stint hasnt worked, and it's a shame but he's lost it psychologically imo.

Was it Strachan or Lenny telling him to keep pinging highballs to Frimpong all afternoon, or was it his own decision to try, unsuccessfully, to use one of the smallest guys on the park as an aerial outball?

His decision making is honking, ducking out of the ball over the top instead of making contact is a prime example.

His inability to make contact with balls into the box even though he's first to it.

His terrible passing out of defence and waste of possession.

His lack of pace and awareness.

We were lucky today, but on another day he loses us the game.

Rogic was toiling, has been for a while, it was a big ask to expect him to effect the game in that role, with that midfield against a strong and in form Livi.

Mikey Johnstone has apparently played the last two games, but that's yet to be confirmed.

Laxalt is a grafter, but was wasteful today.
Always involved but way too wasteful and ineffective. He's definitely a bit of an enigma at times. ( Maybe a bit more rotation with Taylor would be a good thing at this point.)

All in all a poor but entirely anticipated 90 minutes.

We clearly owe Lennon and the Board a public apology, how dare we have questioned their leadership of our club?

With these stunning home draws against Hibs and Livingston, with a tremendous 1 goal scored, Neil Lennon has firmly underlined his recent assertion that he is 'absolutely' the man to take Celtic forward.

This great run of 2 games undefeated will surely see us storm back into the title challenge and demonstrates the visionary nature of the clubs management and the terrific value we get for the millions of pounds in salary costs they receive from the club.
Spot on. We are all fkn ingrates. Why we’ve never had it so good. I cant understand why the entitled support cant see that.
Peter let me give you some more money. How much would be enough then?

Don't want to be too critical as it's a makeshift team we've had to put out again today but why is it when teams hit us on the break they can slice us open and get a shot off with one quick pass yet whenever we hit on the break we need to make 5 or 6 passes (by that time the opposition has dropped back into position) before attempting to get a shot off?

It's been happening all season and the 2nd string seem just as afflicted by it as the 1st team do. Frustrating as fuck!
Has to be tactics shadow , livi showed how to be a compact unit today and probably should've won. Trying to play through 9-10 men or hitting high balls for our mismatched in height forwards , never going to work . We have all these talented youngsters and they still cant get a game , playing no striker until 10 mins to go is criminal at CP regardless of who we are playing or what players are available. Those players are good enough the tactics imo were again lacking but I cant criticise the fringe players too much either. Still this season weve lost twice. Draws are killing us leaving me even more perplexed when we play no striker ☘

Members online

Latest posts

Back