Celtic v Livingston, Saturday 16th January, 3pm Celtic Park

McFayden Celtic fans should have been happy with that team they put out, you having a laugh. Ralston, Johnston, no game time.
Rogic up front, no strikers.
Duffy Bitton central half parternship
---------------------------------------------------
Rip it up and start again, we have players that will be better going forward into the next season.
I dont even bother listening to the guff that follows when we dont win , turned at the whistle.Btw I was buzzing like all of us to see no striker 🙄

Somebody tell Okoflex to spend less time on twitter moaning hes not getting a fking game and more time finishing a fking golden chance.
That may sound harsh I know but i'm fking sick of this fking generation of digital superstars. And i'm not buying that bullshit about the phone call from NL on the ipods either. He fucked it.

It feels like 10 in a row we were destined never to get the 10,if you look back to the start where Bolingoli went awol after the Killie game absolutely nothing has went our way,,but turn the page and look at sevco nothing has went wrong for them,I lay the blame at the door of the greediest CEO in Celtic history,a man who thinks he is fire proof,we only need to look at Brendan Rogers and the John McGinn fiasco,he believes he is the ayatolla of Celtic football club and the chairman is happy enough for him to think that about himself..
Lets hope when the second Desmond is on the board all this nonsense will change..

HH.
Fully expect the 2nd Desmond to be just like the first Desmond and fiddle while Rome burns ,in a sort of eric and donnie trump mode

This I think finishes Lenny ever manageing a big club ever again.
Why did we take him back after walking away from us to go to the mighty Bolton.
He has been a yes man for Lawwell since his first game at Tynecastle until the return from Dubai and no sign of anything changeing soon.

HH.
I said before, NL will not walk away, he knows this is the last of his big paydays. His management career is over when he goes.

Last edited:
Don't want to be too critical as it's a makeshift team we've had to put out again today but why is it when teams hit us on the break they can slice us open and get a shot off with one quick pass yet whenever we hit on the break we need to make 5 or 6 passes (by that time the opposition has dropped back into position) before attempting to get a shot off?

It's been happening all season and the 2nd string seem just as afflicted by it as the 1st team do. Frustrating as fuck!
Coaching

Has to be tactics shadow , livi showed how to be a compact unit today and probably should've won. Trying to play through 9-10 men or hitting high balls for our mismatched in height forwards , never going to work . We have all these talented youngsters and they still cant get a game , playing no striker until 10 mins to go is criminal at CP regardless of who we are playing or what players are available. Those players are good enough the tactics imo were again lacking but I cant criticise the fringe players too much either. Still this season weve lost twice. Draws are killing us leaving me even more perplexed when we play no striker ☘

If it is a tactic then I just don't see the reasoning behind it Winter, whit right thinking coach instructs his players not to take advantage of a defence splitting opportunity and instead instructs them to bring others into the play to make 5/6 unnecessary passes when it would be far simpler and far more effective to just be more direct, get in behind quicker and get a shot off at the first opportunity?

Like you say trying to play through 9/10 men is not going to work, it's no worked all season yet we keep doing it and as for hitting high balls into the box when we've not even got a recognised striker on the pitch never mind the target man that's required to make it work just disnae make any tactical sense!

Like I said I don't want to be too critical as this is a makeshift side made up of bhoys who probably aren't quite ready for the step up and who have little to no competitive game time behind them. Wouldn't be fair to start ripping into them for not securing the 3 pts. Still I just can't get my head around why, no matter who plays, we always seem to opt for the hardest route to goal instead of the simplest! Frustrating as it is baffling!

Hazard: couldn’t catch a flu. Ralston: needs game time. Bitton: the weather turns quicker : Duffy: WTF ( pull him out and cut the ball back, he’s got no answe) Laxalt: needs a finishing ball. Turnbull: better left side of field. Soro: Tough not yet the finished article but will get there. McGregor been missing from duty for past 18 months now. Frimpong: couldn’t make the sign of the cross let alone cross a ball. Rogic not a centre target. Johnston: lightweight needs to build up some muscle. In over 50 years of watching Celtic this is one of the most disappointing team selections I have seen. No natural target man, no wing men who can provide a final ball and an unimaginative midfield. The entire midfield at our club are playing the same role ( Brown, McGregor, Nichame, Soro, Christie) all tough fighters for the ball but lack flair, too often we have four men playing a one man at most two men role. Our forwards are our power position but get no fast service which is essential to create the chances needed. There is a need for a balance severely lacking in foresight at present and if the major players wanting away don’t step up, their ambitions of moving to a better league will never come to fruition. Lennon’s one dimensional approach is at best inadequate or at worst suicidal. Perhaps the fact we’ve been without Forrest this campaign is the pivotal point with his speed and quality ball, and the fact we are not getting any free kicks in the 25 yard area from goal? This was not how I foreseen our 10 in a row dream evaporating in front of our eyes. Heads must roll for this. No reasonable leadership team would have allowed the situation in the past 3 seasons to happen all to the last man took a position of power and flushed it down the toilet.

Members online

Latest posts

Back