Celtic v Livingston, Saturday 16th January, 3pm Celtic Park

When we are counting on luck I worry. I watched that Brentford team from around 2007-2016/17. 13 years later they are way more organised, forward thinking and to the point we could learn from them- I also think they'd do us over two legs at the moment. Crazy turnaround considering in that time I watched Brentford in League2, League 1 and championship. They nearly even dropped out the league altogther. More to it than just Celtic's mismanagement- but if we need a template to compete against wealthier opponents and a sustainable model. West London is worth a visit.
Theyve done really well I've noticed their rise to play off contenders to the EPL and I think the championship is amongst the toughest in Europe. As for doing us in Europe haha maybye but you cant write Celtic off in Europe against anyone lille and lazio results show what we are capable of if inconsistent we do have the talent to mix it with anyone. So aye take a leaf out of their books by all means but they have much more means than us available for being a championship club. A fresh introduction of new people and new ideas can either make us stronger or weaker. If we dont show ambition and get the right people , more money or not we can fall further behind. The next manager appointment is an end of an era appointment. Cant scrimp and it should cost more than what slippy is on the top job pays more .

Our biggest problem seems to be our off the ball play, we're guilty of ball watching and not running into space. Poor.
Have been banging on about this for weeks as well. The lack of players showing for the ball at throw ins is insulting doesnt matter who is taking the shy ,today was young Ralston turn to stand and stand until someone moved their arse or he threw it long giving it away instantly. This continues week in week out schoolboy fitba . The recycling of the ball from defence to counter is woefully slow

Eh? What??? No way???? I know Gollum gave a correct decision against sevco more than a year ago but the laptop loyal closed ranks and ensured when he was finally allowed the privilege of reffing the Queen's chosen tax avoiders he llet them off with murder to ensure the league was as sure as won.
Gollum reffed the Hibs game, a Young Hibs player was clean through in the penalty area, two defenders chopped him down, Gollum waved play on.
Jim Goodwin raging at McLean as there was a clear handball in the goal they conceded.
Far far too many industrial tackles taking place on very poor pitches and they do it cos they know they get away with most of them.

Gollum reffed the Hibs game, a Young Hibs player was clean through in the penalty area, two defenders chopped him down, Gollum waved play on.
Jim Goodwin raging at McLean as there was a clear handball in the goal they conceded.
Far far too many industrial tackles taking place on very poor pitches and they do it cos they know they get away with most of them.
Honestly, Gollum is seen as as a Celtic Ref up here in Aberdeen cos of his job/religion!

The refereeing in this country is a fecking joke.

I remember reading a book called "Living in the Volcano" (or domthing like that) about 5 years ago which was all about football management. The set up at Brentford was really praised for hiw they tried to make the best of their limited resources, but I don't think they dreamed they be flying so high as they are now.

Although the managers who were highly praised in the book were Gary Monk at Swansea and Rodgers & Warburton BEFORE they csme up to Glasgow - so maybe it wasn'tsuch a great book after all 😄.

But I agree that the Brentford model is worth looking at and adapting to fit our club.
Great book BB. Calvin is a great journalist. The access at all the different levels was excellent. Quite right thugh some of the mananger's haven't taken their own advice from that book!

Members online

Latest posts

Back