Celtic v Livingston, Saturday 16th January, 3pm Celtic Park

Just had this sent to me at the same time as a text from another pal that Howe is 1/3 on with sky bet

Ross Desmond is appointed to the board of directors with immediate effect. Peter Lawwell will step down from his position at the end of the season. Neil Lennon will take charge of his final game on Wednesday night, with his resignation tendered post match. John Kennedy will be moving to a Football Operations role and Gavin Strachan to a role within the U23 set up to the end of the season. Eddie Howe will be announced first thing on Thursday morning along with his own back room team giving him the best part week to access the squad prior to the next league game against Hamilton at home on Wednesday night.

Just had this sent to me at the same time as a text from another pal that Howe is 1/3 on with sky bet

Ross Desmond is appointed to the board of directors with immediate effect. Peter Lawwell will step down from his position at the end of the season. Neil Lennon will take charge of his final game on Wednesday night, with his resignation tendered post match. John Kennedy will be moving to a Football Operations role and Gavin Strachan to a role within the U23 set up to the end of the season. Eddie Howe will be announced first thing on Thursday morning along with his own back room team giving him the best part week to access the squad prior to the next league game against Hamilton at home on Wednesday night.
John Kennedy football operations role?

I wouldn't give him a fucking paper round!

I got a text from my bro in law saying exactly the same thing SMG. Posted it on another thread.

I got a text from my bro in law saying exactly the same thing SMG. Posted it on another thread.
the odds at the bookies are telling
I have to say I would be happy with that
At the moment any change would be welcome
Howe if appointed would be as good a manager as we could currently attract
I’ve read both side of the argument with his track record but well soon see how he gets in if appointed

the odds at the bookies are telling
I have to say I would be happy with that
At the moment any change would be welcome
Howe if appointed would be as good a manager as we could currently attract
I’ve read both side of the argument with his track record but well soon see how he gets in if appointed
Joe Ledley was on Soccer AM yesterday. When asked about the best manager he played for, he said Neil Lennon, tactically brilliant and a superb man manager. We would have run through brick walls for him.
What tae fuck happened then?

A put that on twitter last night to see who would bite first

:) not bad for an auld fecker

Joe Ledley was on Soccer AM yesterday. When asked about the best manager he played for, he said Neil Lennon, tactically brilliant and a superb man manager. We would have run through brick walls for him.
No Gary Parker

Don Robertson is the MiB... penalty certainty 99%.
Just watched the finest display of one sided refereeing you will ever see on a football field,Trump should have hired him and the rest of the Lanarkshire refs would have been a certainty to win,he allowed servo two corners in the first half even thou the time was up seconed half blow for time before Motherwell could continue their attack with all the fouls against Motherwell he ignored he should get a bonus from sevco

It’s a mystery m8
Think back to the team he put out for the Barca 2-1, it was crap barring 1 or 2 but it was a team that was organised, tactically astute and playing for the jersey

It’s a mystery m8
Think back to the team he put out for the Barca 2-1, it was crap barring 1 or 2 but it was a team that was organised, tactically astute and playing for the jersey
We were actually missing so many key players for that game too. He got the tactics perfect that night and every player was 100% up for the battle - and so was Lenny. Sadly he seems to have given up on tactics, doesn't inspire the players and sits on the bench with his arms folded not seeming to care what is happening on the pitch.

He had a touch of the Haffy about him,great one minute rubbish the next come to think about Haffy played for Swindon before he went to Australia
He seemed to play his best against Celtic some of his saves were mind blowing at times but sevconians werent happy with his performances against the provincial clubs, good shot stopper but he couldn't keep them all out we were having upwards of 20 on target each time we played.

It’s a mystery m8
Have to remember also that Barca side are considered one of the best ever European sides of all time and only we had beaten them in 2years or so. We set a record of least possession in a European game ever and Forster wanyama made their names from that game tony watt of course also who played well for well v sevco today. Was a great example of parking the bus and hitting with lightning speed. Hardly sensational tactics but we were the only side to have made it work.

Have to remember also that Barca side are considered one of the best ever European sides of all time and only we had beaten them in 2years or so. We set a record of least possession in a European game ever and Forster wanyama made their names from that game tony watt of course also who played well for well v sevco today. Was a great example of parking the bus and hitting with lightning speed. Hardly sensational tactics but we were the only side to have made it work.
True but there was thought behind it
We let them have it on the wings and invited them to cross it as they didn’t have anyone with any height
So we had 10 men through the middle
There was a method in parking the bus
And I was at the away game too
Very unlucky with same tactics to get beat late on

I'm not sure where this nonsense about us having the least amount of possession ever came from. I kept reading about us only having 11% possession, which doesn't tally with any match reports. In the stadium that night it kept flashing up as a stat every few minutes and the last figure I remember seeing as we went into injury time was 28% possession to us. Below is an extract from the official UEFA website and well over 70% was the norm at the time for this amazing Barca side.

20210117_150930.jpg

Different era different MEN.
To much time spent trying to keep these lads from throwing there rattles outa the pram at the start of this season.
There heads fully up there own hole's.

What I really thought on Sunday . Make one change within first five minutes and go 4-4-1-1 (because we were getting outmuscled in the middle ) Welsh on, push Biton into midfield Soro, Biton, Turnbull, MacGregor with Rogic lying behind Johnstone. I think we had the players but not the tactics or formation. Wednesday drop Rogic and Johnstone for Griffiths and Eddie and stay 4-4-1-1 ( Eddie to the left behind Griff ) or 4-3-2-1 with Turnbull and Eddie behind Griff. Last word - Dont youse embarrass me by forwarding my details to Dermott as a managerial candidate 😂 😂 😂

What I really thought on Sunday . Make one change within first five minutes and go 4-4-1-1 (because we were getting outmuscled in the middle ) Welsh on, push Biton into midfield Soro, Biton, Turnbull, MacGregor with Rogic lying behind Johnstone. I think we had the players but not the tactics or formation. Wednesday drop Rogic and Johnstone for Griffiths and Eddie and stay 4-4-1-1 ( Eddie to the left behind Griff ) or 4-3-2-1 with Turnbull and Eddie behind Griff. Last word - Dont youse embarrass me by forwarding my details to Dermott as a managerial candidate 😂 😂 😂
Too late, Ive forwarded your advise. :love:

Back